• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Cancelling quests

SillyWilly

Landlubber
Mateys,

How do you cancel or at least delete quests from the quest log? I've had a few bug out and cannot be completed like "A Girl Won In A Card Game" because she managed to escape the cargo hold by jumping ship lol.

I'm not sure off-hand, though it can be done in "console.c". Better would be to prevent the quests from failing in the first place. For example, the code which lets prisoners try to jump overboard will not let them jump if they have the attribute "quest.no_escape", precisely to prevent special characters from escaping and breaking a quest. I'll add that to "Virginie d'Espivant_dialog.c" at the point where you take her prisoner, then she should not be able to escape.

Which other quests have become impossible to complete?

Ah okay, thank you for the update!

Another quest is part of the Nathaniel Hawk story called "To San Juan". It can't be completed even though I've completed the main quest lol. Not a big deal but kind of silly that it's still there.

Odd, I've never had a problem completing "To San Juan". What exactly did you do after the storm which left you on Bonaire shore? What is the last entry in the questbook?

Back