• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Can´t start a new game

FaxMate

Sailor Apprentice
Hey guys, so I had to reinstall the game due to some issues where I couldn´t click any buttons, the problem remains the same and I don´t know what to do, also I don´t have an error.log in my files

I´m sorry Pieter, but either I am too dumb or it just doesn´t work for me, I tried using the nvidia inspector and tried the solution with the regedit. I kind of slightly figured my way around with changing files and stuff but I hardly know anything about such programs.

What happens if you put the entire game folder on an external HD and plug it into a different computer?

Also, are we talking with or without the mod?
Or both?

No need to try without, I think.
I just remembered the mod fixes some compatibility issues that the original game had.
But apparently that's not enough here... :facepalm

Has somebody a download link for the base game? I will try to deinstall everything and reinstall everything and try it out with and without NH Mod. Then I will try to get this riva tuner thing to work.

Thanks Pieter, but I have now a laggy inventory (without Mod, haven´t tried with the mod) and I can´t save the game, wanted to know if somebody knows about this issue.

Thanks in advance,
Faxmate

I dont know, nvidia inspector didnt work for me and the rivatuner doesnt even show up whenever I start it

I just tried it with the mod and it works just fine with the mod installed but I just wondered if it works without the mod

Because I really would enjoy the game without the mod or at least with my own edited files

I mean I could do all I did again and everything but that would really be a pain in the ass, as I changed all the uniforms, the crews weapons and all the swords in which periods they appear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried it with the mod and it works just fine with the mod installed but I just wondered if it works without the mod
The mod requires more system resources; and might slow the game down enough to counter that Windows 10 framerate issue.

I mean I could do all I did again and everything but that would really be a pain in the ass, as I changed all the uniforms, the crews weapons and all the swords in which periods they appear.
Your edited files should not affect this issue one way or another.
If you changed weapons in periods, I assume you changed the mod files; not the original game ones?

Back