• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Call of Juarez Bound in Blood

Cap N Peaty 3rd

Landlubber
I just finished this surprisingly fun game.

Call of Juarez Bound in Blood

It is a story driven Western shooter though it is so much more, a pure joy to play.
It is rather short, took me 24 hours to complete but I took my time exploring.
Found 42 of 89 secrets.
The controls are weak for a PC game this was my only real complaint.
The FOV could have been better, no adjustments or FOV mods.

The story, music, voice acting are top shelf I wasn't expecting much, what a surprise.
I haven't enjoyed a game this much since AOP2 or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. SOC.
The creativity in a couple of small areas in the game was off the chart.
I wouldn't even post this thread but I found the whole game to be something special.

If your looking for a fun short romp this one fills that bill in spades.
Not for the kiddies the language can be a little harsh at times.
Overlook the shortcomings and you could have great fun.
I had the game for 6 Mo. and finally played it this last week.
Im still grinning and in awe at the production value, what a great game.

Patched the game and it didn't crash once. XP pro SP2.
Single player and online play, I played single player.
I still cruse this site once in a while.
Just thought I would share my experience with this fun game if anyone is interested.

Lord Fauntleroy........ still frozen in the ice.

Thanks for the great review Lord Fauntleroy,

I bought this game a few months ago and have been waiting for a weekend when I was bored of COAS GOF and wanted to try something new, to load it up.

I loved GUN and Red Dead Revolver was OK too. I tend to enjoy games in this genre.

After reading your post I think this is the weekend I finally play it!

MK

You know, I've always wondered why there are not more good western shooters since it seems such a natural setting.

Then one does come out and I ignore it :(

THanks for the review LF, I may not get red alert now and try out the demo for COJ

I picked it and the original Call of Juarez up for ten dollars last week in a bargain bin - definitely good buys if you can find them cheap.

But, I won't be buying the next one - it's a modern western-type FPS set in Juarez, Mexico. The theme is all the drug wars going on there - nice way to profit, eh, Ubisoft? :urgh

Also should point out there is a sale on Steam today including this (as well as Assasins Creed, Far Cry 2, Vegas 2) for $13/-

Back