• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build14 beta3 wip11 bug - no entrance to houses etc.; no 'Go To [location]' in Arcade Mode

Skippy

Landlubber
Hi there, I just today installed Build14 beta3 wip11, and cannot see house icons (or those for some other kinds of buildings). I can see most Town Halls, and can enter them, but when I try and enter a house nearby, no icon appears, and some text (usually the name of the building, or the last building I've entered) flashes for a millisecond only. Accessing it through the spacebar or return keys doesn't have any effect.

In the Assassin storyline, for example, I can go to Cuba, land on the beach and meet the merchant, end up in the town hall and get the orders to go to the shipyard.. but when I reach the shipyard, there is no icon, and I can't get in. For some reason, I can, however, get into the Tavern nearby (or I managed to once, at least).

In the Master & Commander storyline, I can enter the Blacksmith, Town Hall, Shipyard, and other major buildings on the island the story begins at, but the same glitch occurs when trying to enter what must be houses, nearby.

Also, although I'm playing on Arcade Mode, 'Go To [location]' doesn't appear. When I'm at sea, I can 'Go to [ship]' but not to anywhere else...although I managed to reach the beach in the Assassin storyline by the 'Go to' menu...!

Has anyone else had this issue?

Many thanks for your replies.

Did you enable Arcade Game Mode before or after starting your new game? Make sure to do it before.
Also, in many added towns, locations like the shipyard and store are in different positions than in the original game towns. So that could make finding them much harder.

And our attempts to get people to make the dialogs pointing you in the right direction have not met with a lot of success yet. :(

:ahoy

You can not enter all houses, but you should be able to enter many. I don't usually enter random houses because sometimes there is an ambush awaiting me there. Go to a small town and try to enter every one and you will soon find which ones work and which ones do not.

Not being able to enter a shipyard sounds serious. What time of the day was it?

You can not enter all houses, but you should be able to enter many. I don't usually enter random houses because sometimes there is an ambush awaiting me there. Go to a small town and try to enter every one and you will soon find which ones work and which ones do not.
Indeed especially on the newer islands, chances are that regular house locations aren't opened up.

Not being able to enter a shipyard sounds serious. What time of the day was it?
Well, if it is Havana as I suspect, that looks like Jamaica. But the shipyard isn't in the same spot as it is on Jamaica. :shrug

I beg to differ! The shipyard is in the same location for both. The Havana store is where the Jamaica tavern is and the Havana tavern is by the Havana Governors mansion. The Jamaica Governors mansion and store are in the same central square as the Jamaica tavern.

Sorry for the confusion!
For the two new games I played, one was originally in Realistic Mode and was switched to Arcade Mode midway, which might explain the difficulty I had with the 'Go to' and 'Sail to' options.

As for the houses and other buildings.. I systematically went to each building's entrance(s), and all but a few on the three islands I visited (whose names I've forgotten) were impossible to enter or see even the icon of the building -- the town halls generally worked, blacksmiths sometimes, but no houses at all, and other key buildings (shipyard etc) were usually impossible to enter for some reason.

I will try again tomorrow if I get a chance.

Another thought has occurred to me meanwhile: I believe the installation instructions for
'wip11' specify deleting the original "Options" file, but by the way it's written it seems to suggest you should do that after running wip11.exe. Thinking it made more sense, deleted the Options file before running the .exe file, instead. Could that have made a difference, do you think?

Thanks Pieter and 'Mr Pistof' (haha)!

Any chance you can upload a savegame with the closed locations? I can see if I can replicate the problem.

Another thought has occurred to me meanwhile: I believe the installation instructions for 'wip11' specify deleting the original "Options" file, but by the way it's written it seems to suggest you should do that after running wip11.exe. Thinking it made more sense, deleted the Options file before running the .exe file, instead. Could that have made a difference, do you think?
Doesn't matter either way. :no

Thanks for the offer- I'll check to see if the problem is persisting tomorrow, and if so, will send you my savegame

Sorry for the massive delay. I had to go to Iceland that day and didn't find the time.. then found myself in a hospital.. then catching up with work.. and have finally had the time to play just today.

I just tried a new game with Jack Aubrey, and, travelling around Eleuthera, I once again find myself unable to enter all houses, the church, and a few other buildings. The town hall, tavern, and shipyard can be entered, however. Likewise, if I travel to other islands, I usually can't enter any houses.

When approaching these 'forbidden buildings', some text flashes in the top left, saying the name of the previous building I entered (as if it is looking for the current building's details).

If you can confirm whether these oddities are actually faults with my game I'd be really grateful!
Thanks again!

Attachments

• -=Badman=- Eleuthera.zip
    578.9 KB · Views: 102
That is WIP 11? Unfortunately I don't have that game version anymore to test with.

Oh okay. To install WIP 17 to I have to reinstall the entire game and build mod and then WIP 17? Or can I go from 11 to 17? sorry for the dumb question.

Back