• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Copying the latest version of the Extra Fix Archive into place should work. Try it. As a test, load a savegame, maybe walk to another part of town or sail to another port, then save game again - if the game crashes when you save then you'll need to reinstall the whole game. Otherwise it should be fine, though you'll probably need to start a new game to get the most from the current update.

Fair enough, we'll accept the flag inaccuracy. The point about privateers turning pirate when the war ended and their LoM's became invalid is well made.
Is this the War mentioned in the Netflix "Lost Pirate Kingdom" series?

Heey! Good to find someone from the same country around these waters, yees its possible, but its indeed a lot of work
Whereabouts in Brazil?
I've been there a few times.
BEAUTIFUL country!! :bow

@Grey. I tried your method. Unzip the entire Extra Fix Archive into the game folder. Savegame loaded fine. No crashes going from one part of town to another or sailing. However, there are several weird things:
1. When sailing, I gets teleported to random places on the map, even though my direct sail is disabled
2. On the front page of the game, it still show "September, 2020"

A look at the entry for "Lost Pirate Kingdom" on IMDB confirms that it is indeed set just after the War of the Spanish Succession, when a lot of privateers could no longer continue raiding legally so they kept on raiding illegally as pirates.

I'm going to try to put out an update at the end of the week. If anyone has anything they'd like to go in, please upload it in the next day or two.

@BathtubPirate: is anything new ready for "Devlin Opera"?

Yes I've got two bugfixes. One for WR2 (fight in Eden's office) and one for the engineer library (wrong box locator).

Attachments

• JRH files 6572 21-08-10.7z
    31.2 KB · Views: 139
Thanks! I think I already had the fix for the library, but I certainly didn't have the WR2 fix. Both are now definitely included. :onya

@BathtubPirate: is anything new ready for "Devlin Opera"?
I've been slacking a bit for a while... Last thing I did was quite a bit of on-paper planning for a future part while I was on vacation.

I have more than last time but not complete. Now there's the debriefing after Martinique, a small route to Cuba and again a choice of three little paths, one of which is more or less complete and the other two are not.

If your updates are always monthly or even just bi-monthly then I'd say I rather sit this one out and get to the end of the "chapter" properly for the next update.

Ahoy,

So nice to back playing again. I have noticed that sometimes when loading a save, the game will freeze. It has always happened at sea, but today it happened on land. When it did, I used side step to move to a different location and it worked fine. Any ideas?

Greetings! Faced the following problem. After correctly installing the modification and all updates, I encountered an error when trying to start the game.
A screenshot and error file is attached.
Please tell me how to fix this error, what value should be in the specified line, or maybe the point is not in it at all.

Attachments

• Dwm 2021-08-11 05-41-42-97.jpg
    Dwm 2021-08-11 05-41-42-97.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 134
  • error.log
    94 bytes · Views: 142
How exactly did you install the game? This is in "error.log":
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters.h; line: 46
define redefinition: PASSENGERS_MAX
That generally means that someone either extracted the contents of "b14_beta4_final.tar" manually, or did something wrong when copying the Extra Fix Archive into place.

You should not extract "b14_beta4_final.tar"; the installer does that automatically and then copies files to their correct places.

You should extract the Extra Fix Archive as it's just a basic zip file. Either extract it straight to the top level of your game installation; or extract it to somewhere completely different, then copy the whole lot to your game installation folder ("D:\games\Pirates of the Caribbean" in your case, not into any of the sub-folders such as "PROGRAM").

Thank you so much for such a quick response. This was my mistake, apparently I missed the description of the correct installation or misunderstood it. Once again, I express my gratitude.

Not too late, no - I haven't yet uploaded the August update, and anyway I could re-upload it if there's a last-minute addition.

That appears to add a 128 size version of "face_564.tga.tx". Do you want size 64 and size 256 versions as well?

The August update is now available for download:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_130821.zip

New to this version:
  • For the gamblers among you, @Jack Rackham and @pedrwyth have written a special quest for FreePlay gamblers. Ever noticed the rather fancy building along the street from the tavern on Turks Island? It's now the home to a very exclusive club, entry by invitation only. A serious gambler should be able to find a way to acquire an invitation...
  • Or perhaps you prefer the life of a secret agent? After you've spent enough time as a FreePlay agent and have improved your skills enough, a governor should have a special mission for you.
  • @Homo eructus has been improving the Spanish aspects of the game. As well as correcting international relations for the War of Spanish Succession, he's been busy adding more to the Spanish translation.

Attachments

• fixes.txt
    34.1 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back