• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check "error.log" - do you also have the same message? If not, can you post "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log"?

The July update is now available.
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_020721.zip

Included in this version:
  • Several bug fixes, including medical items now showing their health data in the inventory screen, and the pirate who buys the Girl Won in a Card Game paying the correct amount.
  • @Levis has been busy! There's a new street trader in Santiago, but what she sells is not equipment... For the gamblers among you, there's a gaming house in Cartagena.
  • Talking of Cartagena, @Jack Rackham has improved the church which you might see in the distance while walking around the part of town just beyond the gate from the port.
  • He's also improved the "New Invention" quest for engineers. If you're not scared of the librarian and manage to steal one of the books, you can sell it. And if you manage to steal all the books... but that would spoil the surprise. :p
  • For the French and Spanish merchants among you, you can now buy merchant licences from new offices in Port au Prince and Cartagena. And all merchant licences now show who gave them to you.
  • @BathtubPirate has been busy with the "Devlin Opera" storyline. Though still not complete, it now has a lot more gameplay. (You'll need to install a new game and choose to allow unfinished storylines if you want to see it.)

Any install instructions, hun? Do I just unpack in the usual folder or do I need to un/reinstall anything else?

Any install instructions, hun? Do I just unpack in the usual folder or do I need to un/reinstall anything else?
If you had any recent installation (in like the last two years) it's just a matter of unpacking it to the potc folder (where the engine.exe file is located)

@Grey Roger can you change the downloadlink to use https instead of http (works both)? More modern browser will just reject the http download.

From "error.log":
Code:
COMPILE ERROR - file: characters\characters.h; line: 46
define redefinition: PASSENGERS_MAX
Which installer did you use - the one from post #1 of this thread or another installer from somewhere else? And how did you install the game?

That error is because an old installer defined PASSENGERS_MAX in "PROGRAM\characters\characters.h". The May 2018 installer moved it into "PROGRAM\globals.c". So that error will usually happen either because someone used an older installer or because they extracted the contents of "b14_beta4_final.tar" manually, meaning the game has the old version of "characters.h", the new version of "globals.c", and definitions of PASSENGERS_MAX in both.

Make sure you're using the May 2018 installer. Copy both "Build14_installer_25052018.exe" and "b14_beta4_final.tar" into the same folder as each other. Do nothing to "b14_beta4_final.tar" yourself - just run the installer, it will automatically extract the files from "b14_beta4_final.tar" and copy them into place.

But you do extract the contents of "post_25May_updates_020721.zip" yourself, after the installer has finished its work.

I'm also getting runtime error. I literally just downloaded the new update file and unpacked it into the PotC folder.

System.log:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

Error.log:

Invalid Expression
COMPILE ERROR - file: models\initModels.c; line: 2508

Might just uninstall everything and start from scratch.

I'm also getting runtime error. I literally just downloaded the new update file and unpacked it into the PotC folder.

System.log:

Scanning modules\
Loading modules...
Loaded 0
Reset...
Initializing CORE...
Creating atoms space: 128
done
initializing complete
User Rised Exception
C:\PROJECTS\DRIVE_V2\ENGINE\SOURCES\Core.cpp line 526
fail to create program

Error.log:

Invalid Expression

Might just uninstall everything and start from scratch.

I can confirm exactly the same error as Maria47 with latest build.

I can confirm exactly the same error as Maria47 with latest build.

So I just reinstalled everything from scratch.

Installed the core game
Copied b14_beta4_final.tar to the game folder
Ran Build14_installer_25052019.exe
Extracted post_25May_updates_020721.zip to the game folder

And I'm still getting a runtime error with the same error logs

EDIT: If I run the installer again, it works. When I unzip the new updates again, it doesn't.

Last edited:
Just had a similar (but different) experience. For me the crash was caused by
Code:
Invalid Expression
according to my error log file.

This turns out to be the use of PERSONAL instead of PERSONAL_NATION in a new model description. Altered that and it loaded OK for me. Its line 2508 for BeatriceB model.nation if you have the same issue. I attach my version of the file if that's easier before an officially amended version arrives.

Attachments

• initModels.c
    508.3 KB · Views: 223
I also got runtime error when trying to start the game.

Followed error.log and found out the problem was "initModels.c", I had one of the Devlin characters wrong. On line 2508 it must be PERSONAL_NATION instead of just PERSONAL, so that's on me.

Of course it would be best to change it no ENGLAND anyway as @Grey Roger pointed out.

EDIT: @pedrwyth found the same in the meantime :doff

Sorry, I goofed. :oops: I had everything working and checked, then made a last minute change to BeatriceB to make her Personal, and broke it.

Thanks to @pedrwyth for the corrected version! I'm currently away from my PC using a phone and wi-fi, and will upload a properly corrected update when I'm back on the PC.

Just had a similar (but different) experience. For me the crash was caused by
Code:
Invalid Expression
according to my error log file.

This turns out to be the use of PERSONAL instead of PERSONAL_NATION in a new model description. Altered that and it loaded OK for me. Its line 2508 for BeatriceB model.nation if you have the same issue. I attach my version of the file if that's easier before an officially amended version arrives.

Thank yoooooooooooooooooooooou!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back