• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe also smuggling increases your luck.

Wew in my case it looks pretty much like this from the very beginning ;-)

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-6_12-50-43.png
    upload_2019-5-6_12-50-43.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 402
Something is giving you a massive penalty if "Luck" is being dropped from 5 to 0!

Are you in possession of any of the following:
  • "Cooking With Albatross" book
  • Akumalartu Figurine
  • Piece of Smoky Quartz
  • Albatross
All of these reduce your "luck", though as far as I can tell, you'd have to have the whole lot, and no items which raise "luck", for a full -5 penalty.

Yeh I have all those items. 25 pieces of Smoky Quartz Dead Albatros, book and Figurine.
It doesnt say in description of Smoky Quartz that it gives bad luck as it does in case of "Cooking With Albatross" book.
I put all Smoky Quartz in my ships chest together with other items but once I left ship Dead Albatros reappeared in my inventory and my luck remains on 0.

Yeh I have all those items. 25 pieces of Smoky Quartz Dead Albatros, book and Figurine.
It doesnt say in description of Smoky Quartz that it gives bad luck as it does in case of "Cooking With Albatross" book.
I put all Smoky Quartz in my ships chest together with other items but once I left ship Dead Albatros reappeared in my inventory and my luck remains on 0.
Putting things in the ship's chest won't help - items in there still give their bonuses. The idea is that if you've collected all the positive bonus items, you can put them in there, continue to get their bonuses, and not have them cluttering up your inventory. But that applies to penalties as well. You'll need to get rid of all those items entirely - most can be sold, otherwise dump them in a chest somewhere else or give them to one of your officers whom you do not like very much. :D

The albatross is special. Don't get rid of "Cooking With Albatross" until you've read it because it has a hint on how to dispose of the bird...

Hey,
Small update. I gave those items to one of my officers and my luck went up to 9. I ve noticed since it happened i get way less damage in sword fights. Almost feel like invincible. I will talk to one of my crew members to try to increase difficulty level later on as game became too easy. Im only around 40% through the game. Btw discovered a bug just now. After retrieving Crystall Skull and killing Caribs to get my officer back game always crashes. I think it has something to do with me changing names and image of my officers earlier on in the game. If I choose to return Skull to Caribs tho game doesnt crash so I just had to take that path.

That makes sense - you no longer have the items so you don't suffer the penalties. Now you're tougher, try taking on tougher challenges - try to board big warships, then when you have a battlewagon with 24lb guns, try attacking a fort.

After you kill the Caribs and get your officer back, and the game crashes, could you please post "compile.log", "system.log" and "error.log"? You should find these at the top level of your game installation folder - not in "PROGRAM" or "RESOURCE". Alternatively, could you post a savegame from just before you talk to the chief and make the choice to keep or give the skull?

Hey. Let me know if thats ok.

Attachments

• compile.log
    4 KB · Views: 133
  • error.log
    167 bytes · Views: 124
  • system.log
    563 bytes · Views: 133
Yes, those are the files I wanted.

Was the officer who was taken hostage a quest officer such as Artois Voysey or Fred Bob? Or was the officer someone whom you recruited randomly from a tavern or street?

When you fought the Caribs, were any of your officers killed in the battle?

I'm going to replay that scenario, try to do the same as you, and see if I can find and fix the bug.

Hi,
Hostage officer and other officers that Im accompanied with were all recruited in a tavern and those are not quest officers.
I repeated that fight around 10 times and none of my officers die during. Crash occurs after killing last Carib when message "quest updated" shows up in the left top corner.
All my officers are renamed and have their image changed.

Thats the error I get in my Windows Event Log:

Faulting application name: ENGINE.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x52454542
Faulting module name: shprollinterface.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x3ef18ea0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00008661
Faulting process ID: 0x2588
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5064aa8082d00
Faulting application path: C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean\ENGINE.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Games\Pirates of the Caribbean\modules\shprollinterface.dll
Report ID: 230b665c-d93f-40d3-8a25-05445cf37fc7
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I couldnt add savegame file on forum as it is 11mb and limit here is 10mb.
Here is link to my savegame tho:

Uploadfiles.io - Download -=Riply=- Guadeloupe. Jungle January 3rd, 1752 for free
Thanks! I'll see if I can figure out what's going on.
Have you tried zipping it?
That should usually work.
Yes - regardless of the size of the file, the forum will only accept certain file formats, a raw savegame file isn't one of them, so you wouldn't have been able to upload it even if the file had only been 1MB. Try 7-Zip:
Download
That compresses files so they're more likely to be within the size limit, and zipped files are among the file types allowed by the forum.

Have you tried zipping it?
That should usually work.

Forum doesnt allow me to upload any .zip or .7z files even tho it says those files are allowed. File size after compression is 1MB.
Try it yourself.
Btw I run into 2 more bugs. Should I notify you guys everytime it happens? Im gonna finish this playthrough and play again with different character so Im sure there will be plenty.

Forum doesnt allow me to upload any .zip or .7z files even tho it says those files are allowed. File size after compression is 1MB.
Try it yourself.
Just did. Works for me... :unsure

Btw I run into 2 more bugs. Should I notify you guys everytime it happens? Im gonna finish this playthrough and play again with different character so Im sure there will be plenty.
If you can, please make a NEW THREAD for every individual bug here:
Build Mod Bug Tracker
It's OK if you post plenty of them. It's better to know about bugs than to not know about them.
Can't fix what we don't know, right? ;)

Try it yourself.
See attached. You should recognise it. xD
As @Pieter Boelen says, for preference report each bug separately. They can then be examined separately and not get lost in one big thread when new bugs are added to it. Beyond that, yes, do report bugs so we can try to fix them.

Attachments

• -riply--guadeloupe.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 370

Looks like game is not the only buggy thing around here :p

Attachments

• compile.log
    4 KB · Views: 110
  • 422_1000.jpg
    422_1000.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 334
Status
Not open for further replies.