• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this one is blocked by Edgar Attwood quest - if you set him as a member of your shore party you will auto-talk on the jetty - when you do that fast travel is released.

EDIT - but his dialogue is missing in the tavern? more anon

Yeah, taking Edgy with me seems to have solved the problem. I guess the bugged tavern dialogue thing has to do with the storyline, as every storyline uses its own main character dialogue file, apparently. If I'm not mistaken, I mean.

Do I understand then that you CAN access the menu; but you're getting the "Something is going to happen" message when you use it?

Yup, that's the size of it. And only in that one specific area. No problem with using the fast travel anywhere else.

Yeah, taking Edgy with me seems to have solved the problem. I guess the bugged tavern dialogue thing has to do with the storyline, as every storyline uses its own main character dialogue file, apparently. If I'm not mistaken, I mean.
It's nothing to do with the storyline. Attwood has been set to use standard officer dialog, perhaps prematurely, so when he tries to talk to you in the tavern, he's not using his own dialog files and can't find the dialog for the tavern fight.

Quick'n'dirty fix: edit "PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_side.c" and find case "Attwood_fight", specifically this line:
Code:
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Edgar Attwood")].dialog.currentnode = "Setup1";
Add this line just above it:
Code:
Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Edgar Attwood")].Dialog.Filename = "Edgar Attwood_dialog.c";
That will make him use his own dialog and the scene will work.

Oh; and maybe name it somewhere else.
Since it does does NOT set the price to zero at all. :rofl
Done. It's now "ItemSetPrice" and takes "price" as an argument so you can set the price to whatever you want - including 0 if you want to prevent an item from being dropped. Then I used it to set the price for "old_journal" to 1, played the "Angelique Moulin" quest, and confirmed that after I find the sword I can dump the journal in a chest or give it to an officer. I've now added lines for "small_chest" ("Elizabeth Shaw's Disappearance"), "animists_amulet" ("Strange Things Going On") and "SpanishLetter" ("Sinking the Vogelstruijs").

Next job: add similar lines for "Justine Le Moigne's Disappearance" and "Sao Feng's Bodyguards" in the code for "Hoist the Colours". (The storyline does not have its own versions of "Angelique Moulin" or "Sinking the Vogelstruijs" so no further action is needed for those.) And then hopefully I can upload the update...

Attwood has been set to use standard officer dialog, perhaps prematurely, so when he tries to talk to you in the tavern, he's not using his own dialog files and can't find the dialog for the tavern fight.

That's very interesting. I've rescued Edgar from drunks in Bridgetown and the rope in Port Royal several times since the officer dialogue has been done over and never had this problem. This is the first time. What could've changed his dialogue earlier than intended?

The next update is now available:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_301120.zip

Several bugs have been fixed - thanks to @Kara Korsan for finding them, some of which had gone unnoticed for ages.
Some quest items which previously cluttered up your inventory forever can now be dumped in a chest or given to an officer when their respective quests end.

The main news, though, is that the long-awaited extension to the "Woodes Rogers" storyline is now available - thanks, @Jack Rackham! :bow

Which means this is as good a time as any for a new installer. @Mad Jack Wolfe or @Pieter Boelen, would either of you care to do the honours?

Edit: updated to include fix by @pedrwyth for "Collector" sidequest.

Attachments

• fixes.txt
    27.1 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:
That's very interesting. I've rescued Edgar from drunks in Bridgetown and the rope in Port Royal several times since the officer dialogue has been done over and never had this problem. This is the first time. What could've changed his dialogue earlier than intended?
No idea. I can't find a path through the code for Attwood which would lead to him changing dialog early. Nevertheless, it's happened somehow. Start with the savegame you uploaded, board your ship, make Attwood an officer, then go to your cabin and talk to him, and you'll get the usual text and choices that you'd get for any random officer.

Anyway, it doesn't matter how it happened. Adding the line to case "Attwood_fight" to make him use his own dialog file can't do any harm even if he's already using it, and means he'll definitely be using the correct file for the tavern scene.

Done. It's now "ItemSetPrice" and takes "price" as an argument so you can set the price to whatever you want - including 0 if you want to prevent an item from being dropped.
Sounds perfect! :onya

hen I used it to set the price for "old_journal" to 1, played the "Angelique Moulin" quest, and confirmed that after I find the sword I can dump the journal in a chest or give it to an officer.
Glad to hear it works. :cheers

No big deal just to note - a fix for the bow collector quest timer failing even after you successfully complete that element (post 1899) doesn't appear to be included yet.
Sorry about that - I didn't notice the extra line. Now added. Also, in line 9 of the questbook, "Bridgetown" (hard-coded) is replaced by "#sGreenford#" (preprocessed placeholder) to make sure the correct town name is used. That way, you won't be told to return to the apothecary in Bridgetown when the apothecary is in Santa Ines, which is any time before 1600 ("Early Explorers" period).

The next update is now available:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_301120.zip

Several bugs have been fixed - thanks to @Kara Korsan for finding them, some of which had gone unnoticed for ages.
Some quest items which previously cluttered up your inventory forever can now be dumped in a chest or given to an officer when their respective quests end.

The main news, though, is that the long-awaited extension to the "Woodes Rogers" storyline is now available - thanks, @Jack Rackham! :bow

Which means this is as good a time as any for a new installer. @Mad Jack Wolfe or @Pieter Boelen, would either of you care to do the honours?

Edit: updated to include fix by @pedrwyth for "Collector" sidequest.
Nice! :cheers

I formated the computer I use currently, so it may take me a bit longer to upload the update to Nexus/ModDB.
But it will happen as soon as possible. ;)

Thanks for the new update. I'll do my best to keep bugging you about any more bugs I come across until you swat me away.
Which is likely going to happen...
Never. ;)
Yep, if anything reporting bugs is a good thing.

Update: update updated. xD

The first update of 2021 is available:
http://piratesahoy.bowengames.com/potc/Grey Roger/post_25May_updates_130121.zip

There are a few more fixes to "Woodes Rogers" by @Jack Rackham and a few fixes to other things by me, including:
  • A bug in the "Artois Voysey" quest, reported by @Kara Korsan, in which worldmap time and regular game time get out of sync, fixed by replacing direct changes to "environment.date" attributes with a call on 'AddDataToCurrent' to change the date properly;
  • Continuing the campaign to stop quest items from permanently cluttering your inventory, in "Strange Things Going On in the Caribbean", if you get the fake letter from Father Bernard to release the Teacher, the Bridgetown prison commandant now takes it from you. (The dialog with the Teacher indicates that this should have happened - you tell him that the letter may be discovered to be fake, which won't happen if it's still in your pocket!)
  • Also in "Strange Things Going On in the Caribbean", you only meet 7 Animist accolytes in the cave. There should be 9. "ANIMISTS_04" had a typo in the "model" line of his character definition, and "ANIMISTS_08" was defined twice. The "model" typo is corrected and the second "ANIMISTS_08" is now "ANIMISTS_09". Not that the extra pair should cause you any trouble; if you have any difficulty with them, you won't survive the duel with their master!

OK, I definitely want to get a new update out soon. @Jack Rackham, have you anything else to include? In particular, do you want your "Coast Brothers" mod included? (My "Barbossa Tour" mod won't be going in; it was a bit of fun for the contest and to commemorate 18 years of the forum and the Build Mod.)

No thanks, Ill include the CoastBrothers later on as a bonus thing to WoodesRogers. There's still some code and dialogs not ready yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back