• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that, @Bartolomeu o Portugues! :onya No, I hadn't thought to change Padre Gerardo to standard officer dialogue. It's done now, and I've re-uploaded the archive. If you download it again and re-run that part of the quest, Padre Gerardo should now talk like a normal officer.

Padre Gerardo has a more serious problem, though - his model has no locators for guns. I'll need to see if I can add them.

Hey! He's a priest and shouldn't be carrying a gun. I'm not sure if any of the priests carry guns actually.

If Padre Gerardo is to be a standard officer, with standard officer dialog, then he needs to behave like a standard officer. Besides, you can give him a gun, but strange things can happen. Give him a pistol, make him an active officer, then go to Port Royale and look carefully around the area near the loanshark's place, for a start...

If Padre Gerardo is to be a standard officer, with standard officer dialog, then he needs to behave like a standard officer. Besides, you can give him a gun, but strange things can happen. Give him a pistol, make him an active officer, then go to Port Royale and look carefully around the area near the loanshark's place, for a start...
What actually happens is that if there is no gun locator, the gun shows up at the location's (0,0,0) coordinates.

And actually, I do like @Mad Jack Wolfe's suggestion; especially while imagining it with the sound effect from Worms World Party:

:rofl :wp

Hey! He's a priest and shouldn't be carrying a gun. I'm not sure if any of the priests carry guns actually.

The priest from Oodnadatta in central Australia around the early 1900's did in fact carry a pistol when doing the rounds of his parish. He did also have the largest parish in the world which covered from northern South Australia into the Northern Territory. He also travelled by camel.

@Grey Roger - After playing through the Amber Skull quest and completing it - I returned to Martinique Port and the Indian that was on the original quest with me comes back and automatically becomes one of my officers again. Not sure if this is a bug or that I didn't play through the quest properly. Note that this was with the previous fixes file not the latest one you have just posted.

Thanks for that, @salonikasurf! :cheers That is indeed a bug. The Indian is supposed to appear if you ignore the advice to go to the hut, and go to the port first. I forgot to close down the check when you go to the beach first as intended. I'll be re-posting the update soon because there are a couple of other things which needed fixing or adding as well. The fix for this bug is now included.

If he needs a weapon, there's always the Holy Handgrenade. :cheeky
A good suggestion, but with two slight flaws. First is that if Padre Gerardo is to carry any sort of ranged weapon, whether it's a pistol, a grenade (holy or otherwise) or a flask of holy water, he's still going to need the gun locators. Second is that when he becomes an officer, the player can give him any pistol, or for that matter take away his holy hand grenade.

The problem with the gun locators is solved. It turns out that there is a priest-like model with all weapon locators included, "monk6". I copied the model, hex-edited it to use the "Padr" texture file, and saved the result as the new "PadreGerardo" model. And now he can wield a pistol. Or a Holy Hand Grenade.

Next step: create a Holy Hand Grenade...

Having said all that, I agree that as a priest, he shouldn't be carrying weapons or put into combat. So when I played this opening, I removed him from the active officer slot and made him a surgeon. This is also why I didn't notice the problem with his dialog until it was pointed out earlier in this thread. ;)

First is that if Padre Gerardo is to carry any sort of ranged weapon, whether it's a pistol, a grenade (holy or otherwise) or a flask of holy water, he's still going to need the gun locators.
Good idea anyway. :onya

Second is that when he becomes an officer, the player can give him any pistol, or for that matter take away his holy hand grenade.
Nothing wrong with leaving that up to player choice.

I made this fix for the Yedam dialogues for the Kapitein of Kralendijk quest.
Otherwise, it was impossible to finish this quest.

Attachments

• fix_yedam.zip
    79.7 KB · Views: 102
Thanks for that! I thought I'd tested that - apparently not. :oops: Your fix is itself not quite right, but it's pointed me in the right direction and I'm working on a proper fix - Yedam needs to be able to react differently depending on what happened last time you saw him. Normally that will be when you interrogated him about some fake love letters, but if you're playing the "Ardent" storyline, you may already have visited him to get him to make you a visitor's pass for a prison.

And now I have some serious testing to do...

Thanks for that, @Bartolomeu o Portugues! :onya No, I hadn't thought to change Padre Gerardo to standard officer dialogue. It's done now, and I've re-uploaded the archive. If you download it again and re-run that part of the quest, Padre Gerardo should now talk like a normal officer.
No he won't. I added this:
Code:
           Characters[GetCharacterIndex("PadreGerardo")].Filename = "Enc officer_dialog.c";
           Characters[GetCharacterIndex("PadreGerardo")].CurrentNode = "hired";
It should, of course, be this:
Code:
           Characters[GetCharacterIndex("PadreGerardo")].dialog.Filename = "Enc_Officer_dialog.c";
           Characters[GetCharacterIndex("PadreGerardo")].dialog.CurrentNode = "hired";
But I'm not taking the blame for this one alone. :p Remembering that some time ago, a similar fix was provided for Jaoquin de Masse, I copied the code from the part where he's supposed to also switch to standard officer dialog. Which means if it's wrong for Padre Gerardo, it's wrong for Jaoquin de Masse as well. Both of them will be fixed by the time I re-upload the update.

Thanks for that! I thought I'd tested that - apparently not. :oops: Your fix is itself not quite right, but it's pointed me in the right direction and I'm working on a proper fix - Yedam needs to be able to react differently depending on what happened last time you saw him. Normally that will be when you interrogated him about some fake love letters, but if you're playing the "Ardent" storyline, you may already have visited him to get him to make you a visitor's pass for a prison.

And now I have some serious testing to do...
Yes, I confirm. I already met him before the Kapitein of Kralendijk's quest in this story of fake love letters.

I've tested the fixed version by doing a speed-run, starting with the "Rogue" start, letting the crew release me so I got Padre Gerardo, and then heading to Kingston. A trip down the dungeon gave the Padre a chance to prove that he can shoot, and a bit of cheating to boost my reputation allowed me to do "Help the Church" right away. Then I did "Kaptein of Kralendijk" and Yedam Kinne reacted correctly - reacted angrily because he'd last seen me interrogating him about love letters, then became more co-operative when I wanted to pay him for the fake papers.

After having fun with the Kralendijk governor, I did a quick run through "Missing Son of Spanish Admiral" to confirm that Lucas gets his new outfit, which also gave me the opportunity to get a screenshot to be used for interface pictures. After you recruit Lucas, any time you talk to him, he thanks you again for rescuing him - not any more! Now he says that part once, then switches to standard officer dialog.

I've now re-uploaded the update with the fixes to Padre Gerardo, Yedam Kinne, Lucas da Saldhana and the "Crystal Skull" quest included.

Here are some fixes for the Bartolomeu storyline. About the gm file used in the Wine_cellar, I've had to make a new one because the current one uses a wrong texture.

Attachments

• fixes.zip
    93 KB · Views: 113
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back