• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 GAMMA [Last Update: 31st December 2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct.
Even though I could have taken those new variants by @KillPhil myself, I did not do so.
And he seems to be a bit iffy on whether he wants their inclusion in Build 14 anyway.
Which variants did @KillPhil make? I thought the East Indiamen and black battleship were the work of @Pillat. (And the heavy lineships are imports from GoF.)

Congratulations, Pieter! :thumbs1
The long overdue release of Build 14 is finally there! :sail
But before you are going to have a well-deserved vacation, there is another important issue to address. :type1

New players of New Horizons will most probably be confused, when they are trying to find the right files at Mod DB. It would be very helpful to delete every beta of New Horizons there, to ensure that everyone who is interested in the game after this monumental release, is playing the final version of Build 14.

@KillPhil = Pillat; he renamed his account.
As Pillat, he made his ships available for me to download and add into NH. Unless @KillPhil has changed his mind as well as his username, I'm regarding that as both permission and active co-operation. So his battleship variant and two of his East Indiaman variants will be in my next NH update, unless @KillPhil objects.

Feel free to use any variants I made, they are just retextures of ships I got from your NH after all. Like I mentioned before, I just don't involve myself into Storm 2.0 anymore. I made a lot of other variants for other ships, too.

But please, use them like I imagined them. The "pirate Lord Couronne" is a pirate ship, not the Silent Mary (I will probably make another retexture for the Silent Mary too). And it doesn't make any sense at all that a spanish / pirate ship uses the coat of arms of the Holy Roman Empire (Holy Roman Empire is actually Germany)

Feel free to use any variants I made, they are just retextures of ships I got from your NH after all. Like I mentioned before, I just don't involve myself into Storm 2.0 anymore. I made a lot of other variants for other ships, too.
Thanks! :cheers
But please, use them like I imagined them. The "pirate Lord Couronne" is a pirate ship, not the Silent Mary (I will probably make another retexture for the Silent Mary too). And it doesn't make any sense at all that a spanish / pirate ship uses the coat of arms of the Holy Roman Empire (Holy Roman Empire is actually Germany)
The suggestion of using "Couronne_pirate" as a pre-curse Silent Mary was just a suggestion. I didn't plan to put the ship into the game as such. My version of "Ships_init.c" assigns it only to pirates and does not set any specific sail texture. So it won't show up in a Spanish fleet, nor will it appear with the Holy Roman Empire sails.

As for a Spanish ship using the Holy Roman Empire coat of arms, you'd need to take that up with the producers of "Salazar's Revenge", alias "Dead Men Tell No Tales". xD The pre-curse Silent Mary clearly shows the Imperial double-headed eagle before its trip into the Devil's Triangle. So, realistic or not, feel free to use my "sail_holy_roman_empire.tga.tx" if you want to model the ship with another "Couronne" retexture.

Might be that there was more traffic here?
Seems fine for me now.
And yes ModDB can be faster, as they probably have faster infrastructures I think.

The new installer has replaced a lot of texture files, including sharper, higher resolution files for both grass and palm leaves. The grass probably always swayed in the wind but was less noticable with the older, lower resolution texture.

But I wasn't too keen on the flowers either, nor the red-tipped palm leaves, so I've modified the files a bit. Extract this into "RESOURCE\Textures". Make sure that "grass.tga.tx" goes into "RESOURCE\Textures\grass", while "leafPalms.tga.tx" should go into "RESOURCE\Textures".

Original fuzzy grass:
grass_old.jpg

New grass, with flowers and deflowered
grass_new_flowers.jpg grass_new_flowerless.jpg

Attachments

• Textures.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
Yeas I noticed something had happened with the grass. The new flowers are better though!
But isn't the green color of the grass a little too bright?

You mean my non-flowers. ;) I removed the red flowers. The yellow ones look like grass seed-heads and were already there, less noticable because of the red flowers.

As for brightness, the comparison between my screenshots may be a bit misleading. The shot of the old grass was from a savegame in an old install. The shots of the new grass were from a savegame in the new install, before and after I modified the texture. The old savegame is in the evening, which is why the nearby rock also looks duller. The new savegame is in full daylight. I did a Google Image search for "Caribbean grass". The results look bright too, probably because the photos were also taken in bright daylight. Also, before doing anything to "leafPalms.tga.tx", I did a Google Image search for "Caribbean palms", didn't see any red leaves, and only then removed the red from the texture.

If you are standing on top of the hill in front of the smugglers camp, you can see some things are wrong.

Sorry! I was too quick to critizice the flowers,now I see they look good.:flower

Please take a look at the hill in front of the smugglers camp. You can see some black areas over the horizon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back