• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Build 14 constant game crashing HELP!

Ferdish

Powder Monkey
I have a serious problem - my game keeps crashing to Windows constantly when I try to load the game, both normal saves and quicksaves. I have to try at least three or four times to load a game properly. When I succeed and make a new separate save, it still keeps crashing when I load it, as if savefile was corrupted already. I don't know the reason why it started so suddendly, but it looks like the problem is in the game and not the savefile itself. Would someone check those files when I upload them? My game version is from 28.09.2013.

My system specification:

CPU Intel Core2 Duo T8300 2,4 GHz
RAM 3GB
HDD Hitachi HTS 54323 320 GB
Intel GMA X3100 256 MB shared memory
Realtek HD Audio
OS Windows XP+SP3

Game runs a little slower during 1st person naval battles, but in other cases runs smoothly.

Try the latest version first(links posted above). See if that works.
And if problem still exist, attach your log files. -compile/error/system (found in your main game folder). So it can be checked further.

Those are the ones. I don't know why the date on ModDB is different. That update archive was updated Oct 8.

Please also try to redownload the archive (7z) from moddb. Might be you have a bad download.

If the modpack was working before, then you don't have a corrupted download.

First thing I'd recommend trying is deleting the file called "options" from your main game folder and see if that changes anything.
Alternatively, delete unneeded savegames from your SAVE folder.

The files were submitted to the ModDB on 30 Sep, but updated on Oct 8. However, ModDB doesn't show the "last updated" date.

Back