• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

w
Extract attached to your main game folder. That should fix it.
I had typed "WoodesRogers" in the installer EXE code where it should have said "GoldBug". :modding :facepalm

Currently compiling and uploading the corrected installer file. Will be done in 15 minutes.

i must admit,IT WORKS NOW!!!!!,THANKS PIETER XD

also,the old saves are compitable,im happy i backed up my save too,ty again,now i can continue my adventure :D

i encountere 1 small bug,the ship in open world map flashes from far, and some stuff when you are in in battle like flashing flikering enemy ships and such too,i hope you can check it asap,never mind,it was just because i choose acidently 16 bit resolution,lol,switched to 32 bit colour,and its fine :D

Last edited:
Was on a bit of playtrough and I ran into some troubles at the tavern: I am playing on Woodes Rogers sotryline and as I visited Nevis pirate settlement I killed a thief which kinda stole my money. So everyone became hostile of course so I re-entered the town and they were still hostile so I thought "duh they should be" So I entered my ship, then the world map and returned back to the land. And so the town itself seemed fine until I entered the tavern, of course. Everyone were hostile, I thought I triggered a tavern brawl of some sort, but to be sure I reoloaded my saved game and re-entered the tavern followed by the same results of everyone being hostile :/ Also, there seems to be something wrong with the save game profiles, nothing game-breaking though. Anyone know how can I take pics in the game? Also, here are my logs for ya, check them out, maybe they will be some kind of help.

Edit: Well actually not everyone is hostile, after killing the ones tha tried to kill me, I was able to speak with the bartender and the sitting guests.

Attachments

• compile.log
    8.9 KB · Views: 119
  • system.log
    16.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
If you turn cheatmode on in internalsettings.h and start a new WoodesRogers you can talk to Blackbeard's head and be teleported right to Nevis
for a neutral start from there.

Tavern you said, try the Brothel!

Hehe. The pirates are hostile? That is a long standing issue. If you get one pirate mad at you they all get mad at you. I am always very careful in any pirate town until I finish all the quest related stuff there.

Actually methinks that was fixed or at least worked on last summer.

If you turn cheatmode on in internalsettings.h and start a new WoodesRogers you can talk to Blackbeard's head and be teleported right to Nevis
for a neutral start from there.

Tavern you said, try the Brothel!
I am not sure if this is storyline-related. I did as you said, started a new game, got to the tavern and everything was fine, so there was something else that went wrong, also I checked some other towns and taverns were hostile too, should I upload my save game?

I am not sure if this is storyline-related. I did as you said, started a new game, got to the tavern and everything was fine, so there was something else that went wrong, also I checked some other towns and taverns were hostile too, should I upload my save game?

if you want i can post you my savegame with master and commander with rank admiral on british side and rank 89 xD + 4 ships in nevis shipyard to change to ^^

Hehe. The pirates are hostile? That is a long standing issue. If you get one pirate mad at you they all get mad at you. I am always very careful in any pirate town until I finish all the quest related stuff there.

Actually methinks that was fixed or at least worked on last summer.
Don't think so. :no

if you want i can post you my savegame with master and commander with rank admiral on british side and rank 89 xD + 4 ships in nevis shipyard to change to ^^

No thanks buddy, and I don't really think this is a place to exchange your save games. You gonna have to find an appropriate thread or make one yourself :)

Huh. This might be a first. The only saves shared around here have been ones with a problem that needs looking at.

This is actually a good sign that the build is getting pretty good. :cheers

i have other idea for the mod,if there can be some ghost ship encounters or missions from the tavern to take with good money prices,that would be more fun and hard to play on ^^,so i guess some ghost ship encounters will spice the things up xD

We already put cursed coins in there as a joke; but we don't want to go full-on fantasy stuff. Ghost ships are kept to storylines and sidequests only.

There are already missions to attack random ships to take as prize. Talk to the governors.

i have other idea for the mod,if there can be some ghost ship encounters or missions from the tavern to take with good money prices,that would be more fun and hard to play on ^^,so i guess some ghost ship encounters will spice the things up xD

I still want to rework the cursed coin thingy and probally if you have a cursed coin in your possesion it would be possible to encounter a ghost ship then. But not sure yet. Ofc it can be disabled then.
Also trying some things already with the fetch quests. but need to rework some stuff (what I'm doing now) to get those the way I want. Then if a town is hit by something you can see if in the rumors and a quests is related to it. Say for example the army at that island is expended then you can get a quest from the tailor there to get a quests to get stuff for the uniforms. And probally there will be some extra things in it :).

Although, I enjoy the cursed coin thing as works now, generally I am not a fan of the supernatural stuff in the game. If someone want to expand it I hope we will be allowed to turn it off if it doesn't suit us.

Although, I enjoy the cursed coin thing as works now, generally I am not a fan of the supernatural stuff in the game. If someone want to expand it I hope we will be allowed to turn it off if it doesn't suit us.
Definitely. :yes

Back