• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

Ok i solved the problem, the problem was that the file was with wrong name as pieter said but i have another problem in the instalation a message says:
"Buil info.txt not found. Make sure you install the Build 14 beta 3 Main files first"

That is a problem that has been showing up for several people before, but it really doesn't make much sense.
Apparently it is caused by a corrupted download, as far as I understand it.

The installer shouldn't even be executing that, because you shouldn't be having a "b14_beta3_update.7z" .

ok i tryed to move b14_beta3_update.7z from the folder but there is the same problem. Should i have to download another time the files?

If you got the archive from the ModDB links, then you don't need the update archive.
Just get rid of it. See if the game runs as it is.

Ok i download the files from ModDB but when i click the installer another time the file of Build info.txt fails any idea for solve this?

And you DON'T have the update archive in the same folder? It shouldn't ever even get to that point. I'm confused.

I'll see if I can adjust the installer EXE some time; maybe tomorrow.

the install process is really confusing for those who didn't try the 3-file-install-process(yeah a-lot of "-" sign thingy :p) - but if I may be so bold, is there a way to have a one file installation process? w/o renaming or renaming (OK) file thingy? :shrug

..its just a suggestion or more likely, a thought..i don't know..:shrug :D :p :bow

The reason for having a two-part install is because a single installer would be bigger than the installation program AND the ModDB can handle.
So that isn't even remotely possible. I think I'm going to include the update files IN the EXE though and do away with the possibility for update archives altogether.

then again, about those who didn't try the 3-file-install-process, this would be very confusing.
-oh man, this is really is confusing..

..i thought, a part 4(if ever a part 3 is included) that would be, a well defined install process with snapshots is to be included..:shrug
that would be now, a well, clear, and very unconfusing:)p) procedure on how to install the latest, awesomest release! :dance

There seem to be a bug somewhere see the attached screenshot.
I got the latest build from the moddb. I'm playing the jack sparrow storyline.
This is after the encounter with davy jones. i don't know if it was also earlier.

Attachments

• dialog bug.png
    dialog bug.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 137
  • compile.log
    87.5 KB · Views: 67
  • error.log
    995 bytes · Views: 114
  • system.log
    32.5 KB · Views: 93
Indeed you're absolutely right. For some reason, my global search-and-replace missed out one instance when updating the governor dialogs.
Extract attached to PROGRAM\Storyline\JackSparrow\dialogs . That should fix it. Thanks for catching. :doff

Attachments

• Reynard Grueneveldt_dialog.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 68
Do I need to start a new game or will it be fixed by itself?

so you only need the installer if you already did install beta3?

You always need it. If you already installed Beta 3 before, you can deselect the "Main Files" section so it will only install the update.

I can't find the updated installer and contents archive from the opening post Clipboard01.jpg

EDIT: Sire, is there no update archive for October 8th? :( (I mean for the 3-file install process) -I already got the installer from your post #1376

Last edited:
Back