• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

I can't believe it.. I just deleted all old savegames and updated my game.. and guess which error is still there.. Only 1 profile... "No active profile selected"...
Has it something to do with my starting options?
- standard storyline
- Jack Sparrow model
- Black Pearl starting ship

As far as I can tell, those profile errors are just about purely random.
Make sure to ALSO delete your "options" file. That is the only thing I can think of that might be related.

Im reinstalling as for some reason the files where extracted to same as install folder in c drive. Now i copied into proper potc folder in d drive.It goes to the normal menu where u can select character but game wont initialiase. I get this error>
COMPILE ERROR - file: sea_ai\sea.c; line: 151
function LanguageCloseFile(args:0) doesnt accept 1 arguments
You have the craziest error messages. LanguageCloseFile does NOT take 0 arguments.
Are you sure you are installing on top of the right game? Does the installation work properly? What folder are you installing to?
The game worked before installing the modpack, right?

Yes i know hearts of oak is developed here,seen the links and in what stage is it? ;) I do own a copy of potc original,this game is old so where do u wise guys think i can buy a copy now?? Think i might have given it to my ex brother in law time ago or my nephew.That's gonna be a task to look for it,akella should allow the original for free as its now quite old now and then more ppl would get ur mod. So if one genuinely has lost the copy of the game,well what can one do?? Think my ex bro in law did give it back for me to install version 13 last year but i don't know if i gave it back or not.

It did that to me for a while where I had to choose the profile I wanted even when I only had one profile, but this latest version seems to be ok.

Pillat are u romanian? Pillado that's Spanish for being caught! lol I'll try see if it was crashing cos it was a pirated cracked copy. Or the options.

dude, if you have two healthy eyes, you would see that "Germany" stands in my profile informations :p :D

it just doesn't want to go away... I had this problem times ago, with beta 2.1 .. I think only a complete reinstall helped out back then.. I hope my new laptop arrives fast...

Sometimes a good optimization and defrag helps. POTC tends to frag a hard drive and sometimes I have to defrag 3 times a week. If it gets laggy with loading screens that is a sign it needs defragging.

my hard-drive is a few months old because my old one -> :boom: so I don't think that is causing problems... My laptop and I didn't have the best relationship and I think that goes on till the last start up :shrug ^^

Last edited:
Fuff again installer extracted to same folder as i launched installer from.Im trying to copy paste to proper folder then get errors that files are in use.

You have the unmodded game working yet?
It should be as simple as placing all files in the same folder and running the installer.
What Windows version do you have and what folder are you installing to? Perhaps Windows Security Stupidity is wreaking havoc again. :boom:

Fuuf finally it works,now to testing. Is the 1st scene on ship when u start with nathaniel meant to be like gray or like there is a lot of light? Don't remember,hope its not that enb

Fuuf finally it works,now to testing. Is the 1st scene on ship when u start with nathaniel meant to be like gray or like there is a lot of light? Don't remember,hope its not that enb
This is what it should look like with ENB:
StandardStorylineCabin.jpg

Opening Post Updated: New Update Pack Posted

This time around, more fun stuff than actual fixes. For example:
1. Completely redone Sail-To Menu Icons
2. Improved Brown Interfaces, especially Nations Relations
3. Spanish Treasure Fleet encounters live up to their name
4. Cartagena City Center walk patch now behaves itself properly

BrownInterfaceNew.jpg

Full List:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3 Full Test Updates:
- Code Updates:
  . 75% chance on Gold and Silver shipments when encountering Spanish Treasure Fleets by Pieter Boelen
  . Guadeloupe citizen dialogs added by Pillat
- Interface Updates:
  . Nations Relations Interface "help strings" and Tool Tips added and fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . Improvements to Brown Interface pop-up screens and Tool Tips by Pieter Boelen
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . All Town, Fort and Shore Sail-To icons redone by Cassadar
  . Additional music tracks added by Pillat
- Worldmap, Island and Location Updates:
  . Cartagena Included as Regular Town:
  > City Center walk patch fixed by Jack Rackham
- Modder Tools:
  . PERIOD_ACCURACY_LEVEL setting at the top of PROGRAM\Ships\ships_init.c for testing purposes by Pieter Boelen

Is it save game compatible,why not add character story to go with cartagena?

starting playing with lafeat,iv got random crashes/freeze whilst on top of some roofs or upper level house whilst wandering around puerto rico town.

Looks promising the game and the newer interfaces,also with enb and adjusted graphics card for max quality.Nice now looks good. I'd like to see indian and native like ships levels 8 or even 7,quite rare sightings and in remote areas and to be more frequent in early explorers era. Think amazones quest thing for era above 1800 should be changed or removed as by this era i think there is no native unknown anywhere in carib. Some more era relative quests or ideas to be explored for later periods. See about guest nations and emissaries,for once Denmark had presence in Carib and St Thomas and Virgin islands was Danish till the 1920's. I think our scandinavian friends may like the idea of this. Yes hard work but a challenge to relish. Keep it up,anything you need that i can help,let me know??

Nathaniel scenario tried,opening scene still gray like if room full of ash. Guns on deck gray and dull look too. How to make that interface options go on from new update? Did u post that new update or is it the same one at the front post? Also enb now darker for some reason or screen darker than before.No idea what changed it.

I like this idea.The 3 danish islands is in worldmaps ranges.There is some great danish ships
to.I will think it over.

Yep and Denmark had a colony in the west indies unlike Portugal,my near neighbours concentrated on brazil. You could build an island to the very far east and call it the azores and make it the portuguese colony in the game.That would be interesting enough. I know the true location would be much more to the east but so what about bermuda. Just realised when i get some popup or get something on desktop,game goes minimised and desktop comes out and virtually the game gets all black and can't get to it,or rather see what's on.Is this supposed to happen? Rather frustrating. Yes got ugly grey cannons on deck of nathaniels ship. Im using lafeat for now seems ok on land. Check this for Danish west indies. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danish_West_Indies

For early explorers u could even get some emissarie like from Genoa or habsberg Austria or HRE,imagine some possiblities and have small minor missions and the odd encounter with other countries's ships. My final idea,yes i know this is really Loco!! Not like the poco loco weed lol!! Further expand game into the civil war era and have confederates in.Off course the game should have a limit to end circa 1870. Imagine what ships we could bring in and all the new weapons. That would need lots of work but might be worth it and the exposure from the modding community that goes with it!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds to me like you have missing textures. Can you post your system.log file?

On that "popup game going back" thing, edit engine.ini and set fullscreen to 0 .

Anyway, there are lots of things that could be added. But for now, we are actively trying to limit ourselves to fixing and finishing what we've got.
Consider the amount of time and effort it took us to add the USA into the game. Is it possible? Yes. But it's not exactly a five-minute job.

3. Spanish Treasure Fleet encounters live up to their name
File from the opening post replaced again. I hadn't thought this change through properly yet,
which could make those silver and gold shipments temporarily rather common after encountering a treasure fleet.
Changed now by setting the marker flag back to 0 after leaving 3D sailing mode AND limiting it to Spanish ships only,
in case you run into a war between a treasure fleet and another nation's ships.

Yes here. The launcher actually seemed to extract to the same folder the launcher is in and i had to copy paste,then(yes windows 8 security thing i would think)it was giving me problems and said specially with textures it was being used by another program or something.Had to go into the folders one by one.

Attachments

• system.log
    175.9 KB · Views: 86
Back