• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

UUUHHH... Found the mistake.. where are the other womans that don't work right? they should have the same mistake..

File goes into PROGRAM -> Characters -> init

Attachments

• cayman.c
    22.7 KB · Views: 98
Downloaded the new hybrid and did just as much as readjusting the options to my liking. So I didn't even start a new game yet. And already there is an error message. Uploaded it.

Attachments

• error.log
    152 bytes · Views: 103
Yeah, I've been seeing that one too. As far as I could tell, that one doesn't do any harm.

First, the recognition system has really been changed. No one shot at me although this one lugger that I got within 300 yards of did follow me for a while. Other ships at 1,000-1,500 yards did not seem to react at all but just went on their way. Strange. :unsure
Nobody EVER recognized you? That's.... not right. I'm pretty sure they were recognizing me after a while.
Why would ships follow you that are NOT hostile?

New version coming with the most important WIP 13-15 version code INCLUDED:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 16:
- Pirate_KK Code Base Merged by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Different Flags code completely rewritten by Pirate_KK
    > Changing flag DURING the game through your crew DISABLED as it doesn't work with the new system
      [WIP: Add this functionality in the Nation Relations Interface]
    > Temporary Simple Solution for display of pirate flag on shore structures while ashore by Pieter Boelen
      [WIP: For display of pirate flag while ashore, use fixed fort flag file instead. Proper fix to be made]
  . Logs Toggle allows to switch between various levels of notifications to reduce on-screen clutter by Pirate_KK
    > Arcade Game Mode shows logs on ALL characters and ships in the scene, but Realistic Game Mode only shows it for the ones NEAR you
    > Level description added by Pieter Boelen
    > "We are recognized" log messages disabled in Iron Man Game Mode by Pieter Boelen
  . Delay of 3 seconds (plus/minus morale changes) before your sail commands are executed by Pirate_KK
    > On Realistic and Iron Man Mode only by Pieter Boelen
  . Sidestep works in separate steps by Pirate_KK
  . Item availability code further modified by Pieter Boelen
    > Books are sold and cannot be found; skill modifiers hidden for low-level books, prices increased
    > "Item Realism" code simplified so only one table is required
      Skill modifiers for Jewelry, Indian Artefacts and Minerals hidden on Realistic Game Mode
  . Citizen dialogs added by Pillat
    GrandTurks, SantoDomingo, Havana, Marigot, Philipsburg, PoPrince, Santiago, Cayman, Oranjestad, Tortuga and Willemstad
  . Town guards and soldiers strength dependent on difficulty level by Baste and Pieter Boelen
  . Starting Ship stats updated by Pieter Boelen
    > Same design as the selected player nation
    > No "free" upgrades applied
    > Installed cannon type depends on selected ship type
  . Use Tab when you have a Shotgun equipped to go into Shotgun Mode by Pieter Boelen
  . Additional large cannon types added by Pillat
    > Special Cannons interface picture added by Cassadar
    > ANY cannon type can be installed at Vanderdecken's shipyard by Pieter Boelen
  . Periods System, including accurate nation and royalty names, by Pirate_KK
    > Updated and adjusted by Pieter Boelen
  . Island and Town Generating System by Pirate_KK
    > Town re-initialization when adjusting Game Preferences fixed to prevent CTD by Pirate_KK
    > Name code completely rewritten to prevent bugs by Pieter Boelen
  . Portrait and Character Name hidden for invisible BuildingSet characters by Pieter Boelen
  . No worldmap encounters or storms if the Flying Dutchman is submerged by Pieter Boelen
- Interface Updates:
  . Select Storyline Interface updated by Pirate_KK
    > Allows selection of your own flags, ship and character model
    > Character Type takes effect on New Game by Pieter Boelen
    > Custom starting name takes effect on New Game by Pieter Boelen
    > Default Difficulty depends on selected storyline by Pieter Boelen
    > When changing Standard Storyline starting nation, starting location description updates correctly by Pieter Boelen
    > When scrolling with arrow keys, selection doesn't default to "New Game" anymore by Pieter Boelen
    > Player Type selector not shown when Auto Skill System is OFF by Pieter Boelen
  . Nation Relations redone to provide a quicker overview by Pirate_KK
  . Map Interface right-click functionality restored, fixed and updated for new Worldmap by Pieter Boelen
  . Character Interface title and officer type use simplified by Pieter Boelen as per an idea by Pirate_KK
  . NEW crests textures used properly in Ship, Shipyard, Questbook and Colonies Interface by Pieter Boelen
    Old crests.tga.tx and nations.tga.tx files are no longer used
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Eleuthera, Cayman and Cozumel on worldmap shifted to prevent conflicts with Cuba by Armada
  . Colombia island model rotated 180 degrees and updated with actual San Felipe fortress by Armada
    > Fort Commander added for flag by Pieter Boelen
    > Display of Cartagena in interfaces and on Worldmap fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . ALL Worldmap Animated Flags, including USA, updated to be period-correct by Cassadar
  . ALL Character Portraits updated to standard quality by Cassadar
  . Island interface pictures redone by Cassadar
  . Additional Sail Types by Pieter Boelen:
    > Weathered Emblemed Sails option with sails for all nations
    > Pure White and Standard Sails with US emblem
    > Standard Sails with personal nation emblem
  . All crest textures, including various pirate and personal flags, redone and updated by Pieter Boelen
  . Kralendijk Fort Flag restored by Pieter Boelen
  . Flying Dutchman emerges from the depths music added by Pillat
- Storyline Updates:
  . Improved Free Play by Pieter Boelen
    > False Flag will never be recognized the first time you set sail so you will not be killed by the fort
    > Selected nation flag will be hoisted after the first time on the WorldMap
  . Standard Storyline:
    > Personal flag returned to English flag ONLY if player nation was English by Pieter Boelen
    > France goes to war ONLY if player nation was Personal or England by Pieter Boelen
    > Soldier stopping you in Jamaica ONLY happens if player nation was Personal or England by Pieter Boelen
  . Hornblower storyline:
    > Jamaica Navy HQ open ONLY in this storyline at the necessary time by Pieter Boelen
    > Missing character init entries added by Pieter Boelen
  . Woodes Rogers Storyline:
    > Various fixes by Jack Rackham
- Modder Tools:
  . Separate Left and Right sidestep distance settings by Pieter Boelen
NOTE: The above is all that is new since WIP 12 and has been simplified. Bugs that weren't in WIP 12 are not mentioned in this list.

Uh something bad has just happened. I installed Armada's new world map and started a new game and all went reasonably well until I got in a fight and noticed that I was taking no damage. o_O Suddenly I am Superman! :facepalm
I have looked in internalsettings.h, console, and buildsetting.h and all I could find is that cheatmode is turned on by default.
Where does on set the cheatmode stuff?? I can not find that yet.

Also, in the options file, the difficulty levels are blank now. What's up with that?

difficulty settings.jpgSuperman.jpg

Where does on set the cheatmode stuff?? I can not find that yet.
I've had the cheatmode on in the WIP versions for testing purposes.
Try Numpad 0 to ensure godmode is off.

Also, in the options file, the difficulty levels are blank now. What's up with that?
Good catch! They're correct in the blue interface, but I failed to update the brown one. Just did. Extract attached to RESOURCE\INI\NEW_INTERFACES .
Edit: See opening post instead. :doff

The pennants are perpnt(x).tga and pirpnt(x).tga? They are all different.
I mean whether their colours match up properly. Hylie Pistof already noted one instance where they don't.
See here: http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/...-code-and-much-more.20575/page-12#post-457303
That is the 2nd flag from the right in perflg1.tga.tx and is quite red. However, the accompanying 2nd pennant from the right in perpnt1.tga.tx is white.
So that looks a bit weird together.

Opening post updated again
New stuff included:
Code:
Build 14 Beta 3 WIP 16:
- Pirate_KK Code Base Merged by Pieter Boelen
- Code Updates:
  . Different Flags code completely rewritten by Pirate_KK
    > Changing flag DURING the game through your crew DISABLED as it doesn't work with the new system
      [WIP: Add this functionality in the Nation Relations Interface]
    > Temporary Simple Solution for display of pirate flag on shore structures while ashore by Pieter Boelen
      [WIP: For display of pirate flag while ashore, use fixed fort flag file instead. Proper fix to be made]
  . Logs Toggle allows to switch between various levels of notifications to reduce on-screen clutter by Pirate_KK
    > Arcade Game Mode shows logs on ALL characters and ships in the scene, but Realistic Game Mode only shows it for the ones NEAR you
    > Level description added by Pieter Boelen
    > "We are recognized" log messages disabled in Iron Man Game Mode by Pieter Boelen
  . Delay of 3 seconds (plus/minus morale changes) before your sail commands are executed by Pirate_KK
    > On Realistic and Iron Man Mode only by Pieter Boelen
  . Sidestep works in separate steps by Pirate_KK
  . Item availability code further modified by Pieter Boelen
    > Books are sold and cannot be found; skill modifiers hidden for low-level books, prices increased
    > "Item Realism" code simplified so only one table is required
      Skill modifiers for Jewelry, Indian Artefacts and Minerals hidden on Realistic Game Mode
  . Citizen dialogs added by Pillat
    GrandTurks, SantoDomingo, Havana, Marigot, Philipsburg, PoPrince, Santiago, Cayman, Oranjestad, Tortuga and Willemstad
  . Town guards and soldiers strength dependent on difficulty level by Baste and Pieter Boelen
  . Starting Ship stats updated by Pieter Boelen
    > Same design as the selected player nation
    > No "free" upgrades applied
    > Installed cannon type depends on selected ship type
  . Use Tab when you have a Shotgun equipped to go into Shotgun Mode by Pieter Boelen
  . Additional large cannon types added by Pillat
    > Special Cannons interface picture added by Cassadar
    > ANY cannon type can be installed at Vanderdecken's shipyard by Pieter Boelen
  . Periods System, including accurate nation and royalty names, by Pirate_KK
    > Updated and adjusted by Pieter Boelen
  . Island and Town Generating System by Pirate_KK
    > Town re-initialization when adjusting Game Preferences fixed to prevent CTD by Pirate_KK
    > Name code completely rewritten to prevent bugs by Pieter Boelen
  . Portrait and Character Name hidden for invisible BuildingSet characters by Pieter Boelen
  . No worldmap encounters or storms if the Flying Dutchman is submerged by Pieter Boelen
- Interface Updates:
  . Select Storyline Interface updated by Pirate_KK
    > Allows selection of your own flags, ship and character model
    > Character Type takes effect on New Game by Pieter Boelen
    > Custom starting name takes effect on New Game by Pieter Boelen
    > Default Difficulty depends on selected storyline by Pieter Boelen
    > When changing Standard Storyline starting nation, starting location description updates correctly by Pieter Boelen
    > When scrolling with arrow keys, selection doesn't default to "New Game" anymore by Pieter Boelen
    > Player Type selector not shown when Auto Skill System is OFF by Pieter Boelen
  . Nation Relations redone to provide a quicker overview by Pirate_KK
  . Map Interface right-click functionality restored, fixed and updated for new Worldmap by Pieter Boelen
  . Character Interface title and officer type use simplified by Pieter Boelen as per an idea by Pirate_KK
  . NEW crests textures used properly in Ship, Shipyard, Questbook and Colonies Interface by Pieter Boelen
    Old crests.tga.tx and nations.tga.tx files are no longer used
- Texture, Model and Sound Updates:
  . Eleuthera, Cayman and Cozumel on worldmap shifted to prevent conflicts with Cuba by Armada
  . Colombia island model rotated 180 degrees and updated with actual San Felipe fortress by Armada
    > Fort Commander added for flag by Pieter Boelen
    > Display of Cartagena in interfaces and on Worldmap fixed by Pieter Boelen
  . ALL Worldmap Animated Flags, including USA, updated to be period-correct by Cassadar
  . ALL Character Portraits updated to standard quality by Cassadar
  . Island interface pictures redone by Cassadar
  . Additional Sail Types by Pieter Boelen:
    > Weathered Emblemed Sails option with sails for all nations
    > Pure White and Standard Sails with US emblem
    > Standard Sails with personal nation emblem
  . All crest textures, including various pirate and personal flags, redone and updated by Pieter Boelen
  . Kralendijk Fort Flag restored by Pieter Boelen
  . Flying Dutchman emerges from the depths music added by Pillat
- Storyline Updates:
  . Improved Free Play by Pieter Boelen
    > False Flag will never be recognized the first time you set sail so you will not be killed by the fort
    > Selected nation flag will be hoisted after the first time on the WorldMap
  . Standard Storyline:
    > Personal flag returned to English flag ONLY if player nation was English by Pieter Boelen
    > France goes to war ONLY if player nation was Personal or England by Pieter Boelen
    > Soldier stopping you in Jamaica ONLY happens if player nation was Personal or England by Pieter Boelen
  . Hornblower storyline:
    > Jamaica Navy HQ open ONLY in this storyline at the necessary time by Pieter Boelen
    > Missing character init entries added by Pieter Boelen
  . Woodes Rogers Storyline:
    > Various fixes by Jack Rackham
- Modder Tools:
  . Separate Left and Right sidestep distance settings by Pieter Boelen
This contains the most important parts of the WIP 13-15 versions, including the new Different Flags mod and updated Select Storylines, as well as many other things.
The worldmap has been modified to rectify the Cuba issues, so if they DO persist, it'll be important to know!
I'm especially interested to know if there is anything broken now that used to work or if there are any major gameplay issues left.

And all Cassadar's texture work has been included, which takes the game several steps further in completion. Is there any other texture work that needs updating?

Most of them don't mach. Will do it this afternoon.
I was afraid so. Thanks for checking on it.
If possible, can you look at the pirate flags too? Especially the pennants that have images on them too. They can look a bit weird at times....

Holy Cow! You guys update this stuff faster than I can test it. Anyway, I stumbled upon quite a few minor to medium issues:

1.) The Tailor in Nevis becomes invisible, when showing a Portuguese uniform (worth 2200).

2.) Are their any pirate ships around Nevis .... or any pirates at all? It just struck me, that during all this and previous testing I never ever met another pirate ship outside of the Turks waters. Not even around Nevis. Is this intentional? Or did just happen by chance? Would surprise me since especially around Nevis there always used to be a pirate or two.

3.) Weird stuff going on after successfully taking a prize ship: After I took a prize, my fellow ships would disobey my orders and just drift in the water. It couldn't be because of my leadership. Because my leadership was 5 and sufficient enough to lead a fleet. Things would take a turn for the worse when out of a sudden - after a while - my ships would indeed follow me (save for the prize ship, which would not move an inch). But not without firing at each other! Note that in the whole process I did not load the game nor change a flag. VERY BIZARRE. Something is definitely wrong there.

4.) Is it intentional that there are no (green and red) arrows displayed above your and enemy ships in direct sail? Because I see none. If intentional - fine by me. Can cause some confusion in bigger sea fights, though. Especially if several identical ship types with same thumbnail pictures are involved. Speaking of thumbnails: One time after a boarding the displayed thumbnails were wrong. Went back to normal after I landed my ships and went back to sea. Only happened once.

5) Is it intentional, that after any boarding your ships takes some damage by default? Would make sense, since a boarding fight might very well have such an effect. However - why is it also the case after the enemy struck his colors and I go aboard? In spite of no boarding action taking place whatsoever, my ship always takes some damage after I went aboard a vessel that has submitted.

6) During a boarding fight I again was not able to pick up resources from my dead crew members. In this case (again) unused bandages and weapons. The bandages did reduce in the weapons locker this time around, though. However, I am not quite sure if the crew really makes use of 'em.

Note that all these reports refer to the version previous of the recent update.

1. Uh, strange. Might be the periods model half-preventing models from showing up.
He shouldn't even HAVE Portuguese soldier models; that is a long-standing bug of its own.

2. I've seen pirate ships around for sure.

3 & 5. That is weird. Try again with the new version. All boarding-related code is back to its WIP 12 state.

4. Are you playing in Realistic Game Mode? As far as I can tell, indeed they are now hidden then. That's one of Pirate_KK's recent changes.
He also changed the ship thumbnails so you don't get more information there than you can realistically know.
However, I've definitely seen that do some weird things on occasion.

6. As I remember it, you shouldn't even be able to loot your own crew at all. And I saw that unlootable bandages problem too.
Not sure where that comes from; it's weird.

Anyway, I recommend trying WIP 16. It may not have all of the above fixed, but it is definitely better than WIP 13-15 and still has the most important new content.

Okay, I will update it. Two more things before that.

1.) Could it be, that the AI in charge of your boarding crew members is the very same as the AI that controls your opponents? That would perfectly explain why they don't use healing resources. Because your officers never hesitate to heal themselves. Even if they waste a big potion on it, they will heal just a fraction of damage. Other than your opponents. Because if your opponents would behave this way, you would never pick up any healing items from them (unless you would take 'em out with one blow).

2.) I am not sure if I get the wrong impression of the state of things, because of the world map being completely overhauled. But the enlargement of the sea seems less dramatic than it did, since I reach my destinations fairly fast most of the time. Is this the case?

Ahoy Pieter,

I am trying to play WIP 16 but I can't save. I get the old can't save without a profile error. I have deleted the options file and tried this 6 times. I notice when I open the game I the version isn't labeled with the WIP 16 could I have a bad download?

2.) I am not sure if I get the wrong impression of the state of things, because of the world map being completely overhauled. But the enlargement of the sea seems less dramatic than it did, since I reach my destinations fairly fast most of the time. Is this the case?
The worldmap wasn't resized. If you want to spend a long time in DirectSail, switch to Iron Man Mode or set the Open Sea Mod on in InternalSettings.h .

I am trying to play WIP 16 but I can't save. I get the old can't save without a profile error. I have deleted the options file and tried this 6 times. I notice when I open the game I the version isn't labeled with the WIP 16 could I have a bad download?
Even AFTER deleting the "options" file AND starting a new game??? Try deleting all files from your SAVE folder too.

I didn't bother putting the WIP version in the main menu.

I am trying to play WIP 16 but I can't save. I get the old can't save without a profile error.

Same with me. Can be easily worked around, though. Load your new profile in-game (accessible via the "save" menu). Then you should be able to save without further hassle.

Right of the bat I ran into several things. I started a game with the Frenchman's campaign in the golden age of piracy. When I changed his name and opened the flag window (or any other window that pops up during this generation process), the name of my avatar would switch back to the original model name. The model that I chose as my appearance that is. Also I couldn't change my player status from social climber, because the select button would stay grayed out.

In Game I butchered the dumbass that challenges you at the beach, before he could say a thing (this way one gets to keep that nice Gaff Schooner :dance ). Long after I walked by his carcass the skull and bones icon (for looting his ammo) would not disappear. It only faded after I ran into something to pick up at the beach.

Edit: The problem with the persisting loot icon did not repeat. I went into the jungle and beat up some highwaymen. The icon behaved as it should on all four corpses. However, when Auto-Loot is activated and there is "nothing to take", sometimes the window opens up anyway, in spite of there being nothing to take. Not all the time, but sometimes.

My game crashes when I enter the Port Royale Dungeon? no error.log .. I installed WIP16 on WIP15.. could this be a problem? I don't have any older version than WIP12 anymore :(

Right of the bat I ran into several things. I started a game with the Frenchman's campaign in the golden age of piracy. When I changed his name and opened the flag window (or any other window that pops up during this generation process), the name of my avatar would switch back to the original model name. The model that I chose as my appearance that is.
Confirmed. That interface needs some further work and not just on that. Anyway, you can get around it by just changing your name last.

Also I couldn't change my player status from social climber, because the select button would stay grayed out.
I've never seen that. Have you tried clicking on it? That should open up a menu allowing you to set up your player type as you wish.

In Game I butchered the dumbass that challenges you at the beach, before he could say a thing (this way one gets to keep that nice Gaff Schooner :dance ). Long after I walked by his carcass the skull and bones icon (for looting his ammo) would not disappear. It only faded after I ran into something to pick up at the beach.
Not even after looting him? Anyway, his "quest character"-ness might have something to do with that.

If you follow the story opening, you'll get another ship afterwards anyway.

My game crashes when I enter the Port Royale Dungeon? no error.log .. I installed WIP16 on WIP15.. could this be a problem? I don't have any older version than WIP12 anymore :(
How about a system.log?

nothing special, I think, only this:

Code:
The method call is invalid For example, a method's parameter may have an invalid value
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 6) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 378582684? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 5) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 29) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 30) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 35) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 380646012? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 10) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 381095108
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 11) (begin group=0, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 381095108
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 5) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 384444364
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 4) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 384444364
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 308) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 384897132? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 309) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 384897132? end pointer = 0
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 418) (begin group=0, end group=-1)
Begin pointer = 0? end pointer = 385436620
Bad rope data for rope: (rope num = 422) (begin group=-1, end group=0)
Begin pointer = 385455732? end pointer = 0

I just started a new game on Devlin Opera and tried going in there. Works just fine.

hmm well maybe there's something similar to those large decks I had problems with.. I will buy a new laptop soon, maybe its gone then

Alright, my final testing report for today.

Pieter, I could click on the social climber button and browse through the other available archetypes. But I couldn't select 'em, due to the below "select" button being grayed out.

There seems to be a little error with the Indians (the ones who always carry artifacts and never have pistols). When Auto-looting is on, you get an Indian artifact, which you are notified of. However, you can still loot an item manually thereafter. So you will receive two Indian artifacts each time.

I took two price ships with my Gaff Schooner. Both submitted to me. The first was a Treasure Galleon, the second an English Bark. And again the Treasure Galleon would not respond to any command being given. I again had a leadership of five and the officer commanding the Galleon was competent enough to do so, too. So something is wrong. The english bark heeded my commands, though.
Also again my ship took light damage on both occasions, when I did nothing more than going on a ship that struck colors. This btw is something that ALWAYS has been the case for me in Build. Or at least for a very long time. I think it has been this way even before 2.5.

signing out for today

Back