• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Mod Release Build 14 Beta 3 Progress

BTW, did you decide against putting the sailors on national ships back to random weapons instead of National blades? I think we discussed it a few weeks ago.
I had forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me. :doff

Extract attached to PROGRAM\Loc_ai to return random weapons on all ships.

Attachments

• LAi_boarding.zip
    26.5 KB · Views: 88
I'm actually working on making those wind changes better so they wont blow you in the face all the time.

About the wind, when you are sailing around an island the wind is not bad. It is only when sailing towards or from a port that it is bad. This is really noticeable when sailing along the North coast of Hispaniola from Tortuga past Boca Hubon to Cape Franco. In between those places the winds are reasonable but close to them the winds go sour.

little question. Does anyone know how the items of a merchant work? Do they have them in the inventory or are they stored different? Where is this "filled" and is there a check already in place to see where a certain item is for sale?

little question. Does anyone know how the items of a merchant work? Do they have them in the inventory or are they stored different? Where is this "filled" and is there a check already in place to see where a certain item is for sale?
The items are indeed in their own inventory, which is why you can loot ALL of it if you kill them.

Have a look at the GiveNewItemsToTrader function in PROGRAM\ITEMS\items_utilite.c . I think that is what you are looking for.

Rather than hijack the Fetch thread anymore I will comment here.

The whole Caribbean economy is in trouble. Half the colonies got hit by malaria and have no money and are selling goods at exceptionally low prices. Then another 1/3rd got hit by pirates and are the same. Then there are slave revolts and hurricanes. Even Havana went down for no reason.
If it weren't for bad luck there would be no luck at all. :rumgone I went from over $1,000,000 to $24,000 while I was sailing around with full holds looking for someone with the money to buy the goods, and only finding a treasure chest saved me from selling ships to pay bills.

I finally found a healthy colony at Cartagena. Saved!! :bow

Ok, I will adjust the occuring chances a bit so it happens less often.

Epic? I'm in deep doo doo. When a colony goes broke it often takes a year before it recovers and some of the colonies have had 2 and 3 hits. My fleet consisted of 2 fast galleons, one merchant and one naval, and a light pinnace. With a payroll of a quarter million Piastres and no where to buy or sell goods I was in trouble. I did manage to trade in the merchant fast galleon for a light fluyt and am looking to get rid of the naval one ASAP.

With no economy to speak out there I might end up with one small ship before the colonies start recovering, and then who knows? They will probably get hit again.

http://piratesahoy.net/threads/fetch-quests-mod-need-testing.21152/page-4#post-481257

This should make your life easier and harder ;).
The events are balanced a bit so I think that wont bother you that much anymore. But what might get you by suprise a few times is that the Import/Export of products is now (semi)variable ;), mind its not random there is a system in it. So it wont happen a island has certain goods for export but when you get there none of them is for export anymore. But it could be 1 or 2 changed. Read the topic for more info :).

We shall see. I will try that gizmo in a bit.

The economy seems to be getting slightly better now as some of them are starting to get some money. Plus not only have there been no bad things happening but some of the colonies are getting new settlers. Perhaps it was just a stretch of REALLY bad luck.

I set it up in a way that if something bad happend to a colony the chances of something good happening increased dramaticly because that is what would happen also in real life. If the colony was struck by malaria then they would send people to help. So this is intentional.
I hope the balancing I did will still make this do. I might need to change some number to get the desired effect more, and it will take longer before it happens (could take at least a month now before new settlers arive) but that sounds realistic too right?

Since it would take 2 months to make the trip from Europe to the Caribbean it should take 3 months or more before new settlers arrive, I would think.

I'm done with this game and am going to start a new one. A whole new wave of badness just swept through the Caribbean wiping out all gains.

If you still think the events happen to fast try playing with these variables a bit:
Code:
#define    EVENT_PER_DAYS                    21        // INT - How many days it takes before an event can happen again in a town - Levis
#define    EVENT_CHANCE_MULTIPLIER            3        // INT - The higher this value the less likely it is for events to happen - Levis
in internal settings (if you have the update I provided in the link above). and let me know what you think works best.
Maybe the EVENT_PER_DAYS should be upped to even more (like 60) but I don't know for sure.

There are more bad events then good events atm, thats true. If I add some more good events that might help also :).

If you still think the events happen to fast try playing with these variables a bit:
Code:
#define    EVENT_PER_DAYS                    21        // INT - How many days it takes before an event can happen again in a town - Levis
#define    EVENT_CHANCE_MULTIPLIER            3        // INT - The higher this value the less likely it is for events to happen - Levis
in internal settings (if you have the update I provided in the link above). and let me know what you think works best.
Maybe the EVENT_PER_DAYS should be upped to even more (like 60) but I don't know for sure.

There are more bad events then good events atm, thats true. If I add some more good events that might help also :).

I just changed them to 60 and 6. I like a more stable game.

Awesome! That's pretty much New Horizons in a nutshell. This quote in particular is quite humbling:
One of the longest-running mods in existence,

And this little exchange made my day:
One guy commented on how there weren't any people on one part of the Centurion in the screenshot, to which someone else replied "Don't worry, it's on Auto Pirate." :rofl

:rofl

Funnily, I DO see people on that screenshot. Though they probably are only obvious if you know what you're looking for.

I had forgotten about it. Thanks for reminding me. :doff

Extract attached to PROGRAM\Loc_ai to return random weapons on all ships.
Thanks for that.
Where is the fix for Toffs Daughter?
What happened to my signature.????? I don't really know how to manage it? Catalina did for me years ago,

Attachments

• dialog.zip
    7.4 KB · Views: 101
I just changed them to 60 and 6. I like a more stable game.
Ok thanks. I was thinking about those numbers also. that means about every 2 to 4 months something happens in a town. That sounds about right :).

Back