• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 alpha 9.5 Main Quest bug

Gumbercules007

Landlubber
I am on the Main quest in build 14 alpha 9.5 patch 2. I am at the part were you have to find Captain Rehims. I have followed him to the Smuggler Lair Island, However when i talk to the Tavern keeper about his location he panics (as normal) but when i leave the Tavern the smuggler approaches me however this were my bug is the Smuggler has no dialog to speak and i have nothing to answer with but "..." so i do and i am not taken to the Smuggler leader to continue the quest as i remember it in Build 13.

if this is a known issue i am sorry i did not find it in a search

hope that helps you to fix it the issue of if there is something i can do to fix and continue on in the game that be great other wise i will try a different story mode.

thank you

Gumbercules

Well he should say stuff yes :modding

But as for being transported to his house I don't think you are, I think you have to walk
You might want to just walk to the smugglers house and see if it works ;)

Yes, you do get transported to the pirate chiefs house.

I'm not a modder but sometimes you need to keep saves and back-up saves. I bet if you reloaded a back-up save it might work because I finished the main quest and I had similar problems with quests/dialog not activating. I kept several back-up saves. F4 quicksave. Sorry this isn't a direct answer I'm not great at technical help.

I did work my way to the Smuggler lord after regardless of the missing text and he would not continue the quest line for me.

I have also reloaded many of my older saves and tried again and it was no good maybe I will have to load up a really far back save *Shrug*

thank you for the ideas

Gumbercules

Yes, you do get transported to the pirate chiefs house.

I'm not a modder but sometimes you need to keep saves and back-up saves. I bet if you reloaded a back-up save it might work because I finished the main quest and I had similar problems with quests/dialog not activating. I kept several back-up saves. F4 quicksave. Sorry this isn't a direct answer I'm not great at technical help.
Did you have finish the main quest with Build14A9.5? So it works after all?
Did you capture some town? Does it works too?

I'm out from build for a while, but if now is really stable maybe I can start to play it again.

bye, bye,
giuliootto

Did you have finish the main quest with Build14A9.5? So it works after all?
Did you capture some town? Does it works too?

I'm out from build for a while, but if now is really stable maybe I can start to play it again.

bye, bye,
giuliootto
If you use a temp fix we have in the console you can bypass this and finish the storyline

Also
- Jack Sparrow (to end of CotBP)
- Bartolomeu
Are complete

And Hornblower/Assassin have a fair bit of game play but are not complete ;)

So it is quite stable :D

Hey can you tell me how to use the Console and then what to do to Bypass that part of the quest that would rock.

Thank you for your time

Gumbercules

The console "workaround" is already in the file PROGRAM\console.c. You will find this code:
Code:
// Quests
// ------------------

/*	// Work-around for Bridgetown capture block in standard storyline:
Locations[FindLocation("Fake_Greenford_port")].vcskip = true; // NK
Locations[FindLocation("Fake_Greenford_town")].vcskip = true; // NK
DoQuestReloadToLocation("Fake_Greenford_port", "reload", "reload1" ,"Story_FightingInGreenfordPort");
*/
Remove the /* and */ and press F12 in your game to skip to after the Bridgetown (Greenford) town capture scene.
I have had no confirmation on whether you can complete the full main quest after this,
but it should at least get you past the known town capture block.

Hmm... I'd like to have confirmation from him if he really managed that. Would be good to know. :cheeky

Sorry it took me a while to respond back on my situation.

so i did the console workaround and it did indead jump me ahead in the Quest line. bypassing lots of the main story.

However now when i board a ship i cant seem to move on to the next deck. I get the icon up in the top left to show me i can click "Space" and it wont let me move on. i have tested this on my Instant Grapple skill and on a normal grapple, as well as being grappled by the enemy. it all the same i kill the baddies crew and cant move on.

any ideas on the new issue.

Thank you

Gumbercules

Completly different issue ;) not from the quest skipper. (You did wait till you were about to attack the fort before using the thing :?)

As for the new issue, put your sword away and hit the "space bar" (default) ;)

wow fast reply.

Well when i used the Quest skipper it was while i was still on the search for the smuggler lord as as that is were my main quest bugged out on me.

As for the Not allowing me to advance on a boarding. I have put sword away and hit the key to advance on and no good. now something i did notice is that when all the baddies are killed, My crew follows me around like it did back in build 13. if i remember correctly in build 14 they returned back to the stern of the ship and wait there.

oh and when all the baddies are killed my sword does not auto sheath after a bit of time. i have to sheath it now.

thank you again for your aid tho.

Gumbercules

Not the key to advance the swing sword key (action key) when your sword is sheathed. That works for me ;)

Hmm... that's the second time in two days that I heard of such a boarding problem.
Need to test some more and see if I can replicate it. :facepalm

well i am back on track of playing the game again. I reloaded a saved game from way way back and was able to get the correct convo from the Smuggler Representative to teleport me to the smuggler lord. and so far i am having no new issues.

all and all you guys have made a very cool game here well done.

Gumbercules

Back