• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10

If you do that send it my way Screwface and I will add my fixes and we can update the fix to this one ;)

I have fix1 files, fix2 files and my fixes ready to go in one file. Just waiting for your latest fixes Screwface ;)

Ican´t install alpha 10 light. I run the exe and in the end i put it to run RunMe.bat nothing happens. What am i supposed to do?

Go to the Pirates of the Caribbean directory and manually run it ;)

Thanks Screwface will get that ready for public download :cheeky

A couple of things that I don't think are working in Alpha and my not have been working in more recent version of 9.5.

Ransom -- when I go to the correct island, and talk to prisoners a bunce of stuff comes up not the ransom dialogue, ever.

Crew uising firearms. Despite the fact the weapons locker contains both pistols and ammunition, there is no eveidence that they ever fire them. It is clear they take the weapons, because you find the pistols when they are killed and you loot the corpses, but they never carry ammunition. So perhaps they crew are not equipping the ammo? Also it appears the only way to get any ammo in there is to put it in your self. If you put in a musket there is no musket ammo unless you get some and put it in your self. The storekeeper in Port Royale no longer seels you small arms ammuntion.

Hello Jason, I'm really not updated but the idea was that the only ones who uses ammo were maincharacter and his officers. Not crew or NPC:s. (NPC:s got some random number of ammos for looting reasons). I saw it as an advantage NOT to have to provide/restock etc also the crew with ammo.
Why these crew guys not are firing I have no idea about. Guess that NPC:s ARE firing?

A couple of things that I don't think are working in Alpha and my not have been working in more recent version of 9.5.

Ransom -- when I go to the correct island, and talk to prisoners a bunce of stuff comes up not the ransom dialogue, ever.
Can you please post this in the bug tracker so we dont forget? ;)
Crew uising firearms. Despite the fact the weapons locker contains both pistols and ammunition, there is no eveidence that they ever fire them. It is clear they take the weapons, because you find the pistols when they are killed and you loot the corpses, but they never carry ammunition. So perhaps they crew are not equipping the ammo? Also it appears the only way to get any ammo in there is to put it in your self. If you put in a musket there is no musket ammo unless you get some and put it in your self. The storekeeper in Port Royale no longer seels you small arms ammuntion.
Not sure what the original intention of crew and guns was Im afraid so cant confirm that this is/isnt a bug.

We took the Port Royale storekeeper thing out of the game though (dont think it was working well) ;)

Not sure what the original intention of crew and guns was Im afraid so cant confirm that this is/isnt a bug.

At least through Build 13 the way this worked was, if you had firearms and the appropriate ammo in the weapons locker the crew would equip them and the boarding combat showed them being fired and the hits took points from the individual enemies.

Logged on bug tracker tonight.

Why these crew guys not are firing I have no idea about. Guess that NPC:s ARE firing?

Yes the NPCs you fight on land are firing, now that you mention it I am not sure about wheher enemies fire during boarding. I will check.

At least through Build 13 the way this worked was, if you had firearms and the appropriate ammo in the weapons locker the crew would equip them and the boarding combat showed them being fired and the hits took points from the individual enemies.

Logged on bug tracker tonight.
Well then I would say it is a bug then ;) so log that one as well :yes

I have updated the fix in the download instructions to be fix 3 (Screwfaces fix2/fix3, original fix AND my fixes included)

Here is the link for the download: Build 14 Alpha 10 Fix Update

• New fixes :
  • Profile system fixes by Screwface: Fixed !
  • Standard storyline "not being able to moor": Fixes.
  • In realistic sailing, ship name is now shown under 300 yards by day and 150 yards by night
  • Hoist the Colours:
    - EITC Office door lock: Fixed !
    - Governer Brin and daughters: Fixed ! (please confirm)

Previous fixes :
  • Profile button in Save Interface to choose and reload a profile before do a save ! (Correct me if this is now wrong Screwface)
  • Profile/save system adjustments
  • In realistic sailing, the log of coastraiders ships are no more shown at screen
  • When you go in options, your profile is not deactivated anymore !
  • there was previously a bug when you saved at sea and reloaded, you lose your current balls load and its gunpowder : Fixed !
  • Surrendered ships appeared at the jetty/ports locations : Fixed !
  • In realistic mod, the fast travel was not initially deactivated at douwesen : Fixed !

Not sure some of the things I know need a new game but they are only to stop you using a walkaround (Silehard not being there at night)

Try it without a new game and see if the save system works (I havnt tested it only got it from Screwface so dont know if it requires a new game or not) :shrug

Please always post each seperate bug seperately on the bug tracker.
You can combine bugs when you post on the forum, but on the bug tracker it's best to have them seperate.

Jack Rackham is absolutely right about the intent of the ammomod,
considering he originally made it in the first place.
You shouldn't need to supply your crew with ammunition through the weaponslocker.

It could be that your crewmembers don't have the skills to make proper use of their guns?

Thanks to Captain Maggee and Screwface for the new fixes! :woot

New fixes :
[*]Profile system fixes by Screwface (is this 100% fixed?)
I could but some fixes i sent to you in my fix3 patch are currently missing in your update :?
For example, your update do not contain the PROGRAM\CONTROLS\Controls.c where i fixed the lost profile bug when you modified your ship/character name !

Plus, my last adjustments in Save_load.c and ispyglass.c are not either included !

[*]In realistic sailing, the spyglass show the ship name under 350 yards ! As the name not appear on ship, you couldn't previously know it in realistic sailing mode !
- I modified this one in fix3 : in realistic sailing, ship name is now shown under 300 yards by day and 150 yards by night :rolleyes:

Back