• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 14 Alpha 10

Did you install fix one after installing Build Alpha 10? :?

Hi Captain Maggee,
Yes I installed fix 1, fix 2 and the save fix from Srewface(last update fixed the save problem), i am going to reinstall fix 1 again and see what happens.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Captain Cook :onya

EDIT: Tried re-install of fix 1 - same problem. will try re-install of fix 2 now.
EDIT: Tried re-install of fix 2 - same problem.
ERROR File:
RUNTIME ERROR - file: quests\quests_check.c; line: 415
Invalid function call
function 'OnQuestComplete' stack error
RUNTIME ERROR - file: interface\interface.c; line: 1779
missed attribute: sectionname
no rAP data
COMPILE ERROR - file: interface\interface.c; line: 1779
file not found: error
missed attribute: sectionname
no rAP data
COMPILE ERROR - file: interface\interface.c; line: 1779
file not found: error
Invalid function call
function 'OnQuestComplete' stack error

I don't see anything obvious in the interface.c line 1779, but you may.

Edit - sorry new game was required after applying fixes - thought that I had started a new one but obviously did not.

Great Job
me.gif

alas, it`s not working for me, see pictures:

the profile is selected, but the save button is still gray.
my officer gained a level, instead of clicking exactly on the arrow i did it on my avatar`s name, so the profile went lost as you have just found out.
That's why the Save_Load.c i uploaded above is necessary too. This problem is fixed in. Did you installed it too ?

I did and it worked for me Screwface ;)

If the profile got disabled it said NO ACTIVE PROFILE so I loaded my old one and wola :cheeky

yes i did.
still i get this problem, more testing this night.
I'm sorry to say that but you must have done something wrong ! When i look the picture you posted i can see the message "You can't save until without an active profile" which was previously contained an error (until) and which i also corrected in the save_load.c i uploaded above :shrug
Are you sure you have paste and replace it in the PROGRAM\INTERFACE folder ? :?

The fact that 3 or 4 people have confirmed that it is working makes me think you did do something wrong with the installation matey ;)

The fact that 3 or 4 people have confirmed that it is working makes me think you did do something wrong with the installation matey ;)

of course i did it wrong: because i downloaded it separately, i thought somehow i had to save save_load.c in PROGRAM folder, not \INTERFACE. :facepalm

Which source file and function controls the amount of time required for ship repair? Right now, ship repair takes *too freaking long*.

Which source file and function controls the amount of time required for ship repair? Right now, ship repair takes *too freaking long*.

Actually, I may have answered my own question.

C:\Games\seadogs2\PROGRAM\INTERFACE\shipyard.c(3226): daystowait += 1+makeint(sqrt(sailRepairCost/1000));
C:\Games\seadogs2\PROGRAM\INTERFACE\shipyard.c(3283): daystowait += 1+makeint(sqrt(hullRepairCost/1000));

The "daystowait" really belongs in buildsettings.h.

No it doesnt it belongs right where it is (in the shipyard file).

The things in Build Settings are toggles that turn start on/off

Jason wrote:
On two other matters after boarding my ship in a neutral port when I hit return to bring up the menu of action items I got the icon for Land troops, odd since I don't have that ability and there were no hostilities. I think got this once when playing the WIP too.
What town was that? I got that once at a beach, which was used as a smuggler's lair "port".

Jason wrote:
Finally I think this version seems a little less stable. A few more CTDs two trying to close weapons locker, one at the end of Nigle Blythe's fight with Vessey and a couple of others.
A little less stable than what?

vinnipuk wrote:
just remember to enable the error log by defaults, please, CTDs can be caused by wrong textures, cutscenes not triggered, GOD himself, pure randomness, or even brasilian macumbas
Actually, missing textures shouldn't crash the game. Missing model files do though.

vinnipuk wrote:
1) encountered a French Ship, totally friendly, when sailing with British Flag.
Which time period was that? In some storylines, England and France ARE friendly.

Jason wrote:
On other issues, the deck walk during combat seems messed up on one or the third rate balleships when you hit tab you can't go anywhere which means you can't use the telescope.

Jason wrote:
Also promotion seems more rapid than before. I got letter of marque, took a priate chasing mission to sink a first rate, got it and when I went back to the Governor I was promoted three times without doing anything further.
The code for that was not changed. Maybe you get promoted quicker on the now-default higher difficulty level?
That might be the case since you probably get bigger ships to sink which could have that effect.

Screwface wrote:
I also discovered an action which deactivate the profile : When you change the name of a ship or a character with interface. It allowed me to test the profile button to reactivate the profile and do the save and it works perfectly
First of all, thanks a LOT for your continued efforts! You're doing a great job./
You might want to get in touch with Thomas to get your fixes added to the opening posts of this thread.
Did you fix that "profile lost upon changing name of character/ship" one as well?

vinnipuk wrote:
it`s standard storyline, and it`s related to Ship madness found out by Talisman, i think.
last night i`ve been exchanging "greetings" with 2 pirate ships.
as one surrendered, the other became neutral.
it happens randomly, but it`s noticeable.

Yes, I've also been seeing that. One ship surrenders and the other one goes friendly too. BUG! :facepalm

vinnipuk wrote:
in the shark loan office i bumped into 3 merchants, one of them sell\buy items as usual, the other two start to tell you how dangerous is their profession, when an ambush take place...in the shark loan office......so every one stand still and do nothing, because drawing steel inside this building "is not a good idea".
I wonder where those random guys come from anyway. I thought they were a part of an experimental mod of CCC's.
That mod made ANY closed door lead to a random location, such as a tavern or a store.
I think the code for that is still in the Build, but disabled.

Pieter, Screwface has come up with a wicked system that if your profile gets disabled you have a load profile button in the save menu which allows you to get all your saves back up. :D

So basically you can still loose your profile but you can get it back nice and easy (and in game) ;)

Pieter, Screwface has come up with a wicked system that if your profile gets disabled you have a load profile button in the save menu which allows you to get all your saves back up. :D

So basically you can still loose your profile but you can get it back nice and easy (and in game) ;)

actually, as screwface fand out, every time for whatever reason you change your name and\or your ship`s name, you do loose your profile:wicked is the game! xD:
vinnipuk wrote:
1) encountered a French Ship, totally friendly, when sailing with British Flag.
Which time period was that? In some storylines, England and France ARE friendly.

it`s standard storyline and is related to every ship you can encounter, everything depends on shipAI, i think.
in the picture there are 7 warships, as one of them surrendered, all the others became neutral, arrrrrgh, it spoils fun....however, i have right now just one ship, even with 4 i`d be bullied as well, no chance to steel from some aop mods the code to bring up the number of ships under your command to 6?

however, another minor, but annoying bug: in my game, the speed of the ship is 0 or at full sail -1.
realistic sail or arcade sail do not change anything.
only swapping ship "solves" the problem for a bit, then the new ship gets the speed lowered to 0 again for no reason.
during boarding with AMMO mod on, the crew spawned have no gunpowder or ammunition, just empty guns.
the weapons locker is full of both.
uhm, maybe i need a gunner?

I read all the above; I understand what Screwface did. That's really good, of course. :onya
Still, it is a workaround. :(

Well a walkaround in game is BETTER than a walkaround that involves a lot more work ;)

Hopefully Screwface can come up with the proper fix though :rolleyes:

Did you fix that "profile lost upon changing name of character/ship" one as well?
I finally found the reason of this issue and the way to fix it :doff
I will upload a new fix patch soon (fix3 ?) which will include this fix and other little ones and it will probably regroup all the previous fixes since the build 10 (fix1+fix2+save_load.c) :keith

Back