• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug [Build 14 1st Jan 2022]: Game crashes on entering ports like Willemstad, Grand Cayman, etc

Same issue for me ;-;

I was able to get it to work once via Mooring, and then going into the city and after that I was able to hang out there traveling between the port and the Smugglers den freely. But now even that loophole won't work.

Which version of the base game do you have? There have been some peculiar problems reported by people who used a Russian version of the base game along with the Build 14 mod.

You could try your luck with Build 15:
WIP - Beyond New Horizons Alpha Release

It's still a work in progress and will have problems of its own. But it is a standalone game with its own engine so you should not have problems such as this one with St. Pierre and similar ports. If you do have problems with Build 15, please report them on that thread.

Can you zip up and upload a savegame in which you're moored at a beach near one of the offending ports? I'd like to see if my installation will crash from your position. Certainly I've never had any issue with St. Pierre, Willemstad or Grand Cayman. (Though I do have a vague memory, ages ago, of a game crashing any time I entered Kralendijk, which is a completely different port model. That was also a campaign which I'd been playing for a very long time. I haven't seen any problems with Kralendijk in any game since.)

Back