• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Build 13 - Danielle Bug

Aequitas

Landlubber
I realize that Build 13 has pretty much gone the way of the Dodo, but my computer doesn't seem to be able to handle Build 14, so I'm stuck playing the older version.

I get as far as Oxbay being liberated and having to go into the tavern at Redmond to meet Danielle, get arrested and locked away. When I get there and try and talk to Danielle, she says something about barely being able to get away, but there are no options to reply and every time I talk to her I just get the one line. Furthermore, I get locked in the tavern so I can't do anything.

I believe I have the latest version of Build 13. Does anyone know if this was an issue with Build 13? I've reinstalled the game and the mod, started from scratch and got to the same point again and I can't get beyond that point. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Can you enable error logging - see item #5 in this post --> http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/14915-build-mod-and-forum-faq/page__view__findpost__p__352879

Play the game till you hit the bug then find & post the log files generated ( Error.log - System.log - Compile.log ) in your Pirates of the Caribbean folder as attachments here.

Hopefully they will give a clue to what the problem is or where it is.

:cheers

Here are the two logs that were generated. There is no error log.

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• compile.log
    2.1 KB · Views: 61
  • system.log
    926 bytes · Views: 60
Apart from the - what looks like Russian entries in the compile .log the only strange thing I can see is the entry about no sex found

Perhaps some one else will spot something :shrug

Code:
UnloadLocation(aref loc) Redmond_Town_01
ItemLogic: On unload location
ReloadEndFade
LoadLocation(ref loc) Quest_redmond_tavern
Ãåíåðàöèÿ ýíêàóíòåðîâ: Ëîêàöèÿ Quest_redmond_tavern
Ãåíåðàöèÿ ýíêàóíòåðîâ: Ãðóïïà encdetector
Ãåíåðàöèÿ ýíêàóíòåðîâ: Ëîêàòîð enc02
ÑÈÑÒÅÌÀ ÃÅÍÅÐÀÖÈÈ ÝÍÊÀÓÍÒÅÐÎÂ ÑÎÎÁÙÀÅÒ: ÒÈÏ ËÎÊÀÖÈÈ: tavern
ÑÈÑÒÅÌÀ ÃÅÍÅÐÀÖÈÈ ÝÍÊÀÓÍÒÅÐÎÂ ÑÎÎÁÙÀÅÒ: ÂÛÁÐÀÍ ÒÈÏ ÝÍÊÀÓÍÒÅÐÀ: ENC_OFFICER
no sex found
ÃÅÍÅÐÀÖÈß ÝÍÊÀÓÍÒÅÐÎÂ: Ïåðñîíàæ 1 ïðèñâîåí ID Enc_Char1
ItemLogic: On load location Quest_redmond_tavern
ItemLogic: found 0 buttons
ResetSoundScheme
SetSoundScheme: tavern
SETTING MUSIC: music_tavern
pchar.quest.main_line >> talk_in_tavern_begin

After Danielle speaks to you a group of English soldiers are supposed to enter the Tavern - talk to you and try to arrest you - which leads to a fight - then Danielle talks again & leaves and more soldiers arrive and take you to jail.

I still have Build 13 installed,and there is none of that Russian stuff or anything about sex in my compile and system logs. Methinks something got corrupted.

Never saw any of that in the files; is there a Russian game version involved?

No russian version that I'm aware of. That's kind of bizarre that that happened. Maybe I'll see if I can find another version of Build 13 somewhere and try it all again.

Just to clarify, those green comment lines are certainly not Russian text.
However, they might be filling in for what would be Russian characters, which is why they all seem to be accented gibberish.
I guess it would take a bit of de-coding to get some meaning out of it. :wacko:

Back