• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Bug with camera for ship model

BlackMark even their own work can not approve, :) I do not like their project, but the foreign version of the engine I really like.

You are very, VERY right! We use an SVN and proper Bug Tracker at my work and it's AWESOME!
I really wished I could convince the other modders here to use it as well, but no such luck yet.
Oh well... Maybe one day...? :oops:
This is so typical - it's hard to get used to such tools without obvious benefits but it's hard to explain them to people xD

@konradk didn't disappear that far. He's busy with real life, but I can easily get in contact with him.
If you have any specific questions or requests for him, I'll be happy to pass them on. :doff
I have his email and know his FB page, but the thing is that I think he's no longer working on SE. That's understandable - he has already spent a lot of time on it.

I've been feeling some hostility between the CoAS and TEHO communities for quite some time. It would make me very happy if that could somehow be resolved.
But I don't know if that is even possible or, if it is, how that could be done.
I don't think there is hostility between these communities, but many unpleasant things are concentrated around TEHO developers. In fact, TEHO community is very small, especially in the English segment. To be honest, the reason I came here from TEHO is was just that I heard from the new addon which I thought was official. I bought TEHO but wanted to modify scripts so I wrote unpacker for the stormex2.dll container. A little later I started a conversation with Mr Hook, who was looking for the way to mod TEHO code. That's how tehomod and some cool mods were born.
To be fair, I enjoy some parts of TEHO, but I think AOP2 and COAS generally were better. I haven't played other addons because of the language barrier.

I can understand @ChezJfrey doesn't want BlackMark studios to make money from his own personal hard free-lance work and that is certainly fair enough.
But maybe @ChezJfrey can broker a deal directly with BlackMark studios and end up getting something in return?
BMS positioning themselves as free modders (hard free-lancers if you want) which receive small percent from sales from Akella. Before teho they were making mods for COAS. They have no any serious organization and that's why they became an object of discontent - they work on the paid product (which is btw not cheap!) as modders. They vary very much in their nature and adequacy. This is, by the way, the reason why I contacted some of them while others are ready to sue me. And this is the reason why they do not go to cooperation with me or ChezJfrey (on behalf of the studio).

I've been curious about that for a long time. As far as I can tell, there have been several Russian Sea Dogs enthusiasts who grouped together in different teams.
DMC history lays much earlier. The thing is that there were two official Akella teams which were making COAS and DMC, but as I said, I don't remember the details.

Indeed it is my experience that the best results are gained not through negative competition, but through positive cooperation.
This is probably the only form of progress in community projects. Competition doesn't work if there is no commerce.

Also, I want to address to ChezJfrey since the topic with my previous post was frozen:
I did not mean to offend you in any way. The reason for my rude words was I lost my temper while reading your outrageous post. Accept my apologies if that hurt you.

More thorough patch (tested by johnny88): MEGA
If anybody wants to modify it:
@39a8
E9 ED B7 00 00; jmp to code cave

@f19a
50 ; push eax
52 ; push edx
BA 00 00 C8 41 ; mov edx, 41c80000h <-------- 25.0 - max camera height (float)
52 ; push edx
D8 14 24 ; fcom dword ptr [esp]
DF E0 ; fnstsw ax
F6 C4 41 ; test ah, 41h
75 05 ; jne
D8 E0 ; fsub st0, st0
D8 04 24 ; fadd dword ptr [esp]
58 ; pop eax
5A ; pop edx
58 ; pop eax
D9 9E B4 00 00 00 ; fstp dword ptr [esi+0B4h]
E9 EF 47 FF FF ; jmp back

This is so typical - it's hard to get used to such tools without obvious benefits but it's hard to explain them to people xD
True! So true!

Even at work, I tried to convince someone in charge of a rather large software development project of the advantages of the Bug Tracker.
He doesn't even bother listening to me, so I gave up trying. :facepalm

I have his email and know his FB page, but the thing is that I think he's no longer working on SE. That's understandable - he has already spent a lot of time on it.
I'm indeed pretty sure he's not working on it now, but he did mention in the past that he wanted to continue it.
My suspicion is that all the unpleasantness in the communities has discouraged him.

This seems quite unfortunate to me, so the way I figure it, you can always ask.
Worst thing that can happen is that you will know for sure he won't work on it again.

I don't think there is hostility between these communities, but many unpleasant things are concentrated around TEHO developers.
That would make sense.
We've had contact with some people from BlackMark Studios in the past and they seemed reasonable enough at the time.

But then there were delays in delivering the English translation and some trolls lost their minds and kept throwing temper tantrums on our forum.
I can't even remember how many threads I had to lock in an attempt to stop their downward spiral.
It was quite a lot. It was weird.

To be fair, I enjoy some parts of TEHO, but I think AOP2 and COAS generally were better. I haven't played other
Apparently there is an unofficial Russian translation of our own PotC: New Horizons mod here:
Пираты Карибского Моря: Новые Горизонты - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons
One of our old modders, @Maximus, very recently considered joining them to do further work on the translation.
You could check it out and/or get in contact with him if you're interested. :doff

DMC history lays much earlier. The thing is that there were two official Akella teams which were making COAS and DMC, but as I said, I don't remember the details.
CoAS was made by seaward.ru, which also started as a modding group.
They used to make free mods for PotC and they kindly allowed us to reuse some of their content in our own mods for that game.

As far as I know, Sea Dogs, Pirates of the Caribbean and Caribbean Tales were the only three games made by the real Akella.
Everything else started out as a mod of some kind.

This is probably the only form of progress in community projects. Competition doesn't work if there is no commerce.
I do believe you're right. :onya

I'm indeed pretty sure he's not working on it now, but he did mention in the past that he wanted to continue it.
My suspicion is that all the unpleasantness in the communities has discouraged him.
I'm thinking the same thing. In addition, as it turns out, ChezJfrey does not even suspect how much work he had done on SE and the others don't even have the opportunity to realize this. In his place, I would be very upset by this fact.

Apparently there is an unofficial Russian translation of our own PotC: New Horizons mod here:
Пираты Карибского Моря: Новые Горизонты - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons
Wow... didn't know about that
I definitely will play it when I find some time for it! Thanks

CoAS was made by seaward.ru, which also started as a modding group.
Yep, you are correct. However, there were hired by Akella to port ROTL from aop2 and make COAS. So if I remember correct, they worked like regular developers. At the same time team who made CT (sea dogs 3) was working on DMC, which was an addon for CT, but they also reworked engine in many aspects.
For some reason which I don't remember, they competed during the development phase occasionally exchanging some features. That's why despite approximately the same release date some engine features vary widely. That's also a good example of how competition ruined great project even though COAS was successful.

By the way, if you never played DMC, I bet you would be surprised. Just look at the screenshots:
K3SM_Personawi.jpg

8791129.jpg

a448d5945346192cbe864ca9997992c1.jpg

Back