• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Bug - Nothing happens after boarding

ZeeTuga

Landlubber
Build Version: Thursday 28th September 2021
Build 14

Im new in to this game and the mod in general, i started with POTC New horizons and i installed everything to get the mod working (till the lastest update), everything is working fine for the first h or so but when i decided to try the battle system for some reason after boarding nothing happens .... I see no crew's fighting, boss is just there standing with 0/X life, and this happens in any cause (ive test this 2 times).

Im new here so i really dont know what to post to help with my case, ask me anything i will try to answer, i really wanna give this game a good try.

Thanks.

Log are saved until try to fight the boss, since i cant end a battle i cant save.

Attachments

• standard.7z
    638.8 KB · Views: 68
  • compile.log
    44.9 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
Which ship have you boarded? Looking at "compile.log", it appears that the Sirius has surrendered. If that is the ship that you boarded then indeed there will be no crew fighting, just the captain. You should talk to him. Depending on several factors, he will either duel you or ask what you intend to do with him and his crew.

Oh god, im newbie to the game and i thought i would just jump in to action, now that you said that i realized i need to talk to the captain before fighting him, so its not a bug just me been new to the game.

Thanks so much for the help!!!!!

You only miss out on fighting the enemy crew if the ship has surrendered. Otherwise you do jump straight into action, and you'd better be well prepared because enemy deck crews are tough! You and your officers will need good "Melee" skill plus good swords and armour if you are to survive boarding an active enemy ship. Otherwise it's easier to pound the ship with grapeshot to weaken the crew's morale and hope the ship surrenders, then you only need to face the captain.

Have a look at this:
New Horizons FAQ | PiratesAhoy!
It's the entry in our wiki about surrendered enemy captains explaining why they might fight you.

Back