• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buccaneers! Gets Original Soundtrack by PiratesAhoy! Member

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Fans of pirate music, rejoice! Skyward Digital's upcoming game Buccaneers! is getting an original soundtrack courtesy of professional composer and long-time PiratesAhoy! member Christian Tornholm-Lehn (AKA @Flannery). :dance

The main theme, Rum Bonfire, is featured in the game's Steam Game Festival demo and is now available to listen to right here:

This is just the first taste of what's to come for the full soundtrack, which will feature epic piratey scores inspired by both cinematic and cliché music from the genre.

Christian has over 20 years of experience creating and producing music under the artist name D’lay. He has numerous top 10 listings in his home country of Norway, including a few No 1 hits, and has won several awards for his work. His music and voice have also fronted big campaigns for companies like Coca Cola Europe.

He has produced music for multiple game-related projects, the foremost of which is the original soundtrack for “Life is Feudal: MMO” and “Life is Feudal: Your Own”, which was the winner of “this year's Best Indie MMO award” at E3 2015. You can listen to that soundtrack and Christian's other work on his YouTube channel.

Aside from his professional contributions, some of you may recall his involvement in the Hearts of Oak project as one of several volunteer musicians. One of his original tracks intended for that game was the inspiration for the main theme for Buccaneers!, bringing it to life in new creative ways.

The new soundtrack will be available to purchase separately after the game launches, so stay tuned for more info! :treasure:

Follow Skyward Digital on social media for all the latest updates on the game's development!

Attachments

• Icon512.png
    Icon512.png
    218.9 KB · Views: 71
That is absolutely FANTASTIC news!
@Flannery is a pretty darn great composer; and hearing his voice write more seafaring music is admittedly a bit of a dream come true.

I'll be really looking (and listening) forward to what he'll be coming up next. :woot

That is absolutely FANTASTIC news!
@Flannery is a pretty darn great composer; and hearing his voice write more seafaring music is admittedly a bit of a dream come true.

I'll be really looking (and listening) forward to what he'll be coming up next. :woot
Many, many thanks there, Mr Boelen:cheers
Looking forward to this endeavour. Got allot of new sketches for it going all ready. And it will slowly be entering the game as the game develops :dance

I really liked listening to the remastered Rum Bonfire!
A rush of HoO nostalgia. :)

Nice to see it being used in what I would consider the successor of HoO.
It sounds like Buccaneers! is getting a very nice and fitting soundtrack.

Back