• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buccaneers! Discussion and Feedback

Armada

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Project Manager
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Ahoy everyone!

This thread will be a place for everyone to freely discuss anything about the gameplay in Buccaneers!, but also for us to ask for your opinions and feedback regarding certain features. Your input matters! :checklist

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to ask us anything, but please keep feature requests to a minimum.

Remember, you can follow the game's development via our social channels below:

To kick things off, here's a quick question for you: When it comes to customising your fleet, which of the following options would you prefer to have?

A: Your entire fleet uses one consistent paint scheme.
B: Your flagship can have its own separate paint scheme, and your other ships have one consistent paint scheme.
C: Every ship in your fleet can have its own unique paint scheme.

Please respond with A, B or C and tell us why you prefer that option. We're trying to find the right balance of player choice versus ease of identifying ships in battle (i.e. friend or foe), so if you have any opinions on the matter, please let us know!

I choose C.

It offers more player freedom, and thus it makes it easier to make the player's dream fleet.

C.

My reasoning is that paints schemes were never something unified, depending on availability of paint, captain's preferences, depth of captain's pockets, etc.
I would, actually, randomize even adversary squadrons for that, and offer a random initial paint when getting additional ship.

And the more confusing the battle is, the better.

But keep the A. option as an option - for a price.

Thanks for your input, guys! What we'll probably do is allow per-ship customisation, but when repainting any ship in your fleet, we'll give you the option to apply that paint scheme to the rest of your ships if you want a consistent look.
This will cost the same as repainting each ship individually, though the first paint job you choose for a new ship will be free.

Back