• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Buccaneer Camp/Pirate Cove

Redbeard

Sailor
Why in the name of all that is holy are these both the subject of 90% of the charter missions? Does the rest of the caribbean not require anything?

Running the latest New Horizons mod, but this is just silly.

AoP2 you had charter missions to literally everywhere. In POTC/New Horizons all of my missions for starter characters want you to go to one of these two places.

Buccaneer camp or whatever its called, was put in such a way that its nearly impossible to find on Hispaniola, I've looked for about an hour or so from different coves and different entrances to the jungle. I've found it once in my last 12 deliveries there. ( I've resorted to just restarting a new game when I get this mission. :p )

1. Does anyone have directions on how the hell I reach Buccaneer camp on Hispaniola?

2. Is this a bug? Should charter missions be going to normal cities? Or did I do something wrong in charactor creation and I should have chosen say, English Flag instead of 'personal'. Is it something like that?

I'm baffled.

Which modpack version are you running? Where are the missions being given (what town)? And please show a screenshot of your Nations Relations Interface.

Missions can indeed go anywhere, but it depends on your nation relations and the nation of the town you're currently at.
We changed it a while back so there's greater variety, at the risk of being sent to towns hostile to yourself.

1. Does anyone have directions on how the hell I reach Buccaneer camp on Hispaniola?
Sail to Boca de Hubon. Find your way to the first piece of jungle, which only leads to the second piece of jungle. The second piece is a T-junction; turn left. From there the next place is the Buccaneer Camp.

@Grey Roger You sir, are a saint.

@Pieter Boelen To clarify, these are all new starts. With the latest build mod. New Horizons 4.1 beta I think? Whatever the absolute latest one is. I choose Blaze Devlin Freeplay, "Personal" flag, Quartermaster career, Age of Pirates 1680 start date, and a Sloop in honor of Sid Meier's Pirates.

Id take a screenshot, but I havn't DONE anything. I start new games like this, and I get one of 3 delivery destinations. Sao Jorge? Gorge? The island to the south. Buccaneer camp, or the pirate port. Ive decided to keep playing for now, and see what comes of it, maybe I'll get new destinations at some point. May just be player error. Might try to sail around and try different stores charter missions.

The absolute latest one can be found through the link in my signature.
That WIP version is newer than the one on ModDB.

Unless I mis remember, Beta 4.0 only gave destinations that are friendly/neutral to the departure nation, are different from the departure nation and are friendly to the player.
That's a lot of ifs limiting the number of options.

In the Beta 4.1 WIP, the destination can also be for the same nation and might be hostile to the player.
So there should be greater variety there.

Back