• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Brand new Black Pearl

bonjourmonami

Master Mariner
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi guys, been a veeeerrrry long time since I've been here. I've been making a new Black Pearl model for the build mod and I just thought I'd show ya. Also, are there any tutorials for blender, 'cause that's what I'm using to make it. It's a mix of the ship and most of the sails from DMC & AWE with the longer main top sail from CotBP. It is pretty much new but I have incorperated a few features from the old model, such as the figure head.

The sail plan -
http://bonjourmonami.deviantart.com/gallery/207289#/d3elg67

A general shot of the Pearl

http://bonjourmonami.deviantart.com/gallery/207289#/d3elaru

Cap'n Jack on the bridge

http://bonjourmonami.deviantart.com/gallery/207289#/d3elfsh

The stern -

http://bonjourmonami.deviantart.com/gallery/207289#/d3elfwm

A pic of the prow, I've moved the cannons down into the ship, or do you think they'd hit the figurehead?

http://bonjourmonami.deviantart.com/gallery/207289#/d3elg1d

Also, is it just me, or does the Queen Anne's revenge in OST look rather ridiculous?

:gday

You are making a new Black Pearl? Now that is interesting.... :j2

The most commonly asked questions about the Black Pearl are about the cabin. Will you be doing anything there?

Will Captain Jack be a part of the ship?

Don't shoot the figurehead! :doff

Jack's just on there for scale referencing, plus I thought it'd make a good pic.

The cabin is gonna be furnished, it's gotta be for the damaged version that's a comin' later

Welcome back, me heartey! It's always great to see members returning to the site! :cheers

I like the look of your new Pearl. For one thing, the texture is looking better than the current one, despite being a little bright.
Have you seen the latest version in the Build Mod, for reference? That's just to be sure that no parts end up less detailed than the current version. ;)

Now that you're here, I have to ask: I remember seeing an 'uncursed' Dutchman WIP model made by you somewhere, so do you plan to complete that, eventually?
Our current uncursed Dutchman is nothing like the cursed version, and is based on another ship altogether.

Also, are there any tutorials for blender, 'cause that's what I'm using to make it.
I think there are on the FTP somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll have a look for you.

Also, is it just me, or does the Queen Anne's revenge in OST look rather ridiculous?
She just looks pretty exaggerated to me, with that huge stern.
At least she wouldn't be too hard to model, seeing as she's based on the Pearl... :wp
I don't mean to suddenly bombard you with requests, but we've been asked about a model of the QAR a few times, so is that a project you'd be interested in taking on? :shrug

Welcome back, me heartey! It's always great to see members returning to the site! :cheers

I like the look of your new Pearl. For one thing, the texture is looking better than the current one, despite being a little bright.
Have you seen the latest version in the Build Mod, for reference? That's just to be sure that no parts end up less detailed than the current version. ;)

Now that you're here, I have to ask: I remember seeing an 'uncursed' Dutchman WIP model made by you somewhere, so do you plan to complete that, eventually?
Our current uncursed Dutchman is nothing like the cursed version, and is based on another ship altogether.

Also, are there any tutorials for blender, 'cause that's what I'm using to make it.
I think there are on the FTP somewhere, but I'm not entirely sure. I'll have a look for you.

She just looks pretty exaggerated to me, with that huge stern.
At least she wouldn't be too hard to model, seeing as she's based on the Pearl... :wp
I don't mean to suddenly bombard you with requests, but we've been asked about a model of the QAR a few times, so is that a project you'd be interested in taking on? :shrug

I'm still using build 13, I found a way to get the ship repairs and crew wage stupidly low and I can't remember what I did, plus in build 13 you can start with as much money as you wish.

I have had a quick thought about it but I'm not sure I would, I think they've ruined a lovely ship when they should have made one from scratch, what if they need the Pearl again? they're a bit stuck. We'll have to wait and see about a QAR.

I did finish my Dutchman's but they're too thin. If I can made her in Blender I might give her another go later. I think my dutchman's are in my FTP folder somewhere.

Ah, if you're still on Build 13, you really need to see the Build 14 Pearl. That's the standard to beat. Let me know if you need the files sent to you.

Of course, we do need to wait and see if the QAR looks any better in the film than the first images of her suggest. We obviously won't need one for a while, not until we actually start on the On Stranger Tides storyline.
Yet, we haven't even finished DMC and AWE yet... :facepalm

I have seen your Dutchman models, I was just wondering how finished they were. Either way, your uncursed one will be better than our current one.

<wakes from slumber>

Who dares to disturb me?!

... Oh, it's just you guys :)

bonjourmonami, you really should've used new Pearl, not this obsolete version (but you know that already :D) And of course you do have my permission to use it (I did get your PM, but for some reason I didn't get email notification)

And, yes, I'd very much like you to do a cabin - maybe it'll finally make all the cabin naggers shut up ;) ("Make the cabin! Pleeeease? Pretty please? I would be very grateful for it! I need it! Now!" :rolleyes: )

Now, the forward cannons - the problem with your placement is that this puts them around 0,5m above the floor of the deck. That would make reloading and aiming them a little awkward, don't you think? :)

And, guys, I'm pretty sure this "new texture" is just brightened old texture :D

hi big fan of the balck pearl. i love the one in the game right now .when is it going to be ready? and are you going to make a damaged pearl?
sorry if im the 1000000000000000000000th person asking you this :p

bonjourmonami made a damaged Black Pearl in the past already. Maybe he's still got the files...

Back