• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Brainstorming

superdurnius

Corsair
Coordinator
3D Artist
Storm Modeller
:shrug Will try to keep as simple as possible...

Items interface Ideas:
[attachment=4642:Inventory Example.jpg]
Item scroll is vertical, to save some space... menu changes item types:
Weaponry — Sabers and Pistols...
Equipments — Compass, Armor, Ammo mod, Clock, Glass, Pick-locks...
Medicaments — Potions, Bandages, all kind of chemistry...
Jewelry — Equipable one...
Maps — Forgot to paint that... But there is also need of this...
Important — All kind of important things, including quest items
Misc — Forgot to paint that... Books... Un-equipable jewelry... Etc...

Every time you equip item, items image is placed in that book... That book should help new guys to understand, what they can equip, what they can not... (Do I remember all types of equips?)

Items Ideas:
A) Equipable jewels... I've already placed images in my interface Idea...

B) Mightbe add new value to most of the items (like damage), "sort"... If InitItem.sort value is "", Items is sorted in Misc. button... If "equip", sorted with equipables (my interface Idea)...

Items Ideas:
Artifact... Well, more "Artifact" than Artifact...
Some rare items, that can be equipped in exchange of pistol. Don't have shoot function, some passive effects... And have displayed model on the belt... Talked with Pirate_kk, probably possible...
Imagine: Standard storyline... After beating Incas temple at the end you find artifact. Equip it, and have ability of killing immortal ships (that skill in 3d sailing mode appears)... Don't saying that we need to change storyline, that simply example for better imagination... Some artifact with effect, worth of exchange with pistol... Even skill point +3 effect mightbe...

Abilitie Ideas:
We need more abilities. To much content, to huge potential level... Need more abilities...
Working on images right now, I'll write my Ideas little later...

Eweryone, write your suggestion on skills and artifacts...

Thank you for new ideas.

I have two remarks for now:

1. On your screenshot you drew Nathaniel Hawk picture. However, if player set other character or choose other storyline (won't use that character model in short) this would look a bit inadequate. If we won't make those pictures for all characters (ENORMOUS work) maybe it would be better to use standard interface pictures from RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PORTRAITS\256\?

2. For the standard storyline, watching the movie in the temple (Temple.wmv) and then the one which is launched when artifact is about to be used (Artefact.wmv), it looks that although player decides when to use it and has it listed in the inventory, it's Danielle who keep it. Maybe it should be put in her inventory instead of main character.

pirate_kk

Thank you for new ideas.
No problem... Ideas good enougt for your attention?... I have materials of that picture above ready for game...

1. On your screenshot you drew Nathaniel Hawk picture. However, if player set other character or choose other storyline (won't use that character model in short) this would look a bit inadequate. If we won't make those pictures for all characters (ENORMOUS work) maybe it would be better to use standard interface pictures from RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\PORTRAITS\256\?
Well, Nathaniel Hawk is painted there only for better imagination of character... I don't really can imagine PORTRAITS\256 placed there... But I can make images for every main characters for every storyline... That won't be so ENORMOUS work...

2. For the standard storyline, watching the movie in the temple (Temple.wmv) and then the one which is launched when artifact is about to be used (Artefact.wmv), it looks that although player decides when to use it and has it listed in the inventory, it's Danielle who keep it. Maybe it should be put in her inventory instead of main character.
I've placed this situation only as example for better view of Idea, that "artefacts" effect should be worth of exchange with pistol... Might be some abilities appear on character...

Agree with Pirate_kk on both points. But well, nice ideas SuperDurnius! :onya

Here are a few questions :
In your new interface, are the amount of item you can equip limited, or will you add some slide on the book at the right if, say, you have four 'misc equipements'?
I find the 'quest items' tab very pratical, I'd personnaly keep it - what would be the 'important things' you would like to add with them?

I see another thing we could do : move the 'choose model' interface here, as a new tab like 'Weaponery' or 'Equipement', as if 'clothes' were common items. (Of course code-wise it'd be more complicate then that)

I can make images for every main characters for every storyline... That won't be so ENORMOUS work...
In this case, just don't forget a generic picture to be used for non-storyline main characters then...

I want to make sure how many equipables will be, and I haven't forgotten anything... Now working on abilityes Ideas... Will write later today...

For important things? Letter of morque is placed in quest items tab, tho, I'm not sure he does any quests... Important Items is for all documents, quest items, and etc...

Some rare items, that can be equipped in exchange of pistol. Don't have shoot function, some passive effects... And have displayed model on the belt...

No problems I have done a lot of that (tools, violin, medicin chest etc etc).
To avoid error messages for missing gunfire locator an idea is to keep the gunfire locator but change its position to very low say y = -20 or so.

Some rare items, that can be equipped in exchange of pistol. Don't have shoot function, some passive effects... And have displayed model on the belt...
No problems I have done a lot of that (tools, violin, medicin chest etc etc).
To avoid error messages for missing gunfire locator an idea is to keep the gunfire locator but change its position to very low say y = -20 or so.
I know how to model that things... I only need some more ideas...

Some special belt maybe?! Giving you special abilities or some additional slots in your inventory? A purse dedicated to precious stones?!

Some special belt maybe?! Giving you special abilities or some additional slots in your inventory? A purse dedicated to precious stones?!
It's already talked with Pirate_KK, that without source code, there is no possibility of more than to modeled objects on character... So artifact should replace pistol...

LoMs are not items at this time, but it sort-of makes sense.
Same for clothes, since there are buyable anyway.
Might make them equippable items buyable through interface rather than dialog.
I don't much like the tailor dialog.

Me neither, and it would be easier to for the player to go through an interface (like store) instead of dialog :yes

Yep; Tailor interface would be BRILLIANT! And one for the Blacksmith please too.
Imagine batch-upgrading of blades (drop them all off there), then pick them up a few days later!

Back