• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Blade recovery

do you have any clue why those Indians might get TWO??
There's code in LAi_events line 618 and line 838 that gives a tomahawk to an attacking NPC. And removes it at line 2346.
This was to avoid NPC:s using the bladearrows too much as an (unrealistic) sword.

I have tested now with an attacking NPC with a bow. Both with and without a tomahawk given from start.
No double tomahawks when looting in either case.

There's code in LAi_events line 618 and line 838 that gives a tomahawk to an attacking NPC. And removes it at line 2346.
This was to avoid NPC:s using the bladearrows too much as an (unrealistic) sword.

I have tested now with an attacking NPC with a bow. Both with and without a tomahawk given from start.
Thanks for checking, I will try and recreate the issue and get a screen shot.

Hi @Pieter Boelen,
The lock-up at the cannibal camp, that you posted a photo of, is the same one and stopped my progress of the storyline.
I was not able to find the problem. Hope that you and @Hammie have greater success.
It wasn't the LAi_Fade that I thought.
But when I threw out MORE of them, willy-nilly, I managed to escape Pelegostos (sorry, Cozumel).
Try attached archive of BNH-compatible "fix" files.

This also includes my improved testing version of itemsbox.c to address the original purpose of this thread.
Still includes some debug code, so that you can see what happens; and when the bug still occurs, but is circumvented by my "hack".

@Hammie, could you have a look to see which LAi_Fade calls might be safe to keep?
And which ones mean trouble...?
There seem to be quite a lot of them. :unsure

Also, @Sebrian did a FANTASTIC job with the camera angles during the escape scenes!
It really feels like proper cutscenes at times. Very cinematic. :woot

BTW: I think we should look at the weapons those Cannibals carry.
They get Indian ones (by @Jack Rackham) AND regular swords too.
Seems a bit over-the-top...
And it'd look much cooler if they'd fight with those Tomahawks, I reckon.

Last edited:
Now I don't know which is the better one... :facepalm

(For the Sebrian-version, revert back to the original dialog files before my harsh edits. :modding )

Last edited:
Hopefully the issues with lock ups and other little bugs should be resolved soon, and thank you for playing it so far @salonikasurf , I'll be trying to fix any bugs as/if they arise! With the changes in game engine some specific little things seem to work in a different way.

1704719290930.png

Tried this again in the temple on Cozumel. One Indian did have 2. Playing BNH Beta 2 + @Pieter Boelen fix "Sparrow.7z"

@Grey Roger, @Sebrian says that the attached updates for BNH should be a good improvement for the regular B14 too.

Playing BNH Beta 2 + @Pieter Boelen fix "Sparrow.7z"
Attached contains some more fixes by @Sebrian and improves the scene where you get poisoned.
As a bonus, I gave all Cannibals the "Indian Weapons" for added immersion.

Tried this again in the temple on Cozumel. One Indian did have 2.
In my tests on Cannibal Island, I didn't run across that.
But then, I'm not sure how the Cozumel Indians are being equipped...
Maybe there's an issue there somewhere?

Attachments

• sparrow_v2.7z
    95.4 KB · Views: 16
Hello Guys,

I'm playing BNH 15.0.0-beta 2 and although the game is great, i frequently face this bug.
Depending where the fight produce (nearly always on sea battle and a bit less on land battles), i cannot pick swords !!!

I've tried to disable autoloot, change the minimum quality for pick up swords, nothing works. :(
I already lost enough gold to buy one of those nice fourth or third rate class ship.

Some one has any clue how to resolve this annoying bug, please ?

Some one has any clue how to resolve this annoying bug, please ?
See the bottom of my post 17 on the previous page:
File is PROGRAM\INTERFACE\itemsbox.c .
That one line change I suggest should stop this bug from bothering you.

Back