• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Blackbeard's Sword

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
For quite some time I have had a 3D model of the Sword of Triton from PotC 4 on my HD. Never got round to including it into the modpack.

However, consider the following:
1. The Queen Anne's Revenge has a special "Blackbeard's Sword" ability
2. There IS an unused Blackbeard character texture
3. There is also a completely empty and unused beach on Isla de Muerta

So I was thinking it could be fun to combine these three:
Blackbeard has his own sword and can always be found on that beach, similar to Clint Eastwood at his house.
But Blackbeard can only be killed if he is poisoned with a Borgiablade.
Instead of the Queen Anne's Revenge having the ability by default, have this related to having the actual sword instead.

Additionally, it might be possible to put a fountain model on that beach to simulate some sort of "Fountain of Youth".
But what purpose would this serve? Infinite source of antidotes? :rofl

Just thought I'd throw this idea out here so other people can pitch in.
See if you have any fun thoughts to go with this!

Though do keep in mind: It does need to remain a bit simple. Don't want to have another Curse of Cortez on my hands! :razz

Last edited:
haha that would work perfectly ive not used an antidote in the longest time but yeah just make it so that you can find the blade you need to kill him on the island it would suck to have to go back to get one.

Borgiablades should be fairly common; they're not a high-level weapon at all.
I think some of the random town folk occasionally act as "sneaky traders" that sell stuff like the Borgiablade.
But I strongly suspect not many people care to use them, so I'd quite like to give them an added purpose.

Not too sure about also putting the sword right there on the island. That'd be too easy.
In this case, I'd like to give the player a little something to do first.... :wp

well a quest to get the blade itself would be an idea , what about that shipwreck from woods rogers ? could stick that somewhere then have the blade inside it.

Then we'd have to place that shipwreck somewhere as well. Plus... As I said, those blades can already be found at random in the game.
Changing it to be one unique one in a hidden shipwreck would make them it even less likely that people will go and have fun with that one.
Especially since you'd be finding an unique and special blade.... to get another unique and special blade. :facepalm

There is no Isla de Muerta there nor any real free play to make use of it. :confused:

Sounds like a cool idea, should work right? :)

And you could hide the blade on the ship, or let the player fight for it. Let him encounter skeleton's or pirates/natives or anything like that. I don't know the structure around Isla de Muerta and story's and such, so no idea if that's possible.

Everything is possible. But again, why go through the trouble of adding a special way to find the Borgiablade when they can be found all over the Caribbean for bargain prices? o_O

:diomed

nb just incase - i am not talking about isla de murte or blackbeard anymore i am talking woods Rodgers the quest line that has me in the libary of hell haveing a potential add on that sees me following a snail trail of swords for some reason or another

:razz

Last edited:
I just got this working the simple way.
1. Third beach on Isla de Muerta is opened up again
2. Sword of Triton added as a unique item that will give you the special power for your ship (this is NOT linked to the Queen Anne's Revenge anymore)
3. Blackbeard is immortal until you poison him

Looks cool, but what's the special function ability supposed to do? Apart from great damage values, the sword's special icon does not seem to ring the bell...

You get an extra ability at sea for a short, wind-independent speed burst.
Might be useful in a chase or when there is no wind, for example.

I am wondering if that power should be made a bit stronger though.
Right now, it is really quite civilized in strength.

Anyway, we'll know as soon as someone manages to defeat Blackbeard and gives that ability a try.

Well, you have that one:) Was done in cheatmode of course, but the whole Blackbeard thing doesn't look too hard - basically you can manage everything alone in 1 on 1 fight by giving him a singe thrust with the Borgiablade, then auto-switching to a more decent blade and outdancing him all around the place by the hit-and-dodge tactics. Although I should say that even some 5-6 blows of his could easily lay down a 5oo HP, gold-armored, cheatmonster if dealt without any blocking:D BTW, Pieter, please note that the "embark area" takes the most of the shore, so you have to actually lure him deeper into the shore, unless you have auto-loot on, otherwise his body cannot be looted.

And regarding the function - honestly, I have hardly seen any difference in sailing at all, though I did expect some speed improvement. Maybe the function should really be boosted?

Back