• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bug Black screen (of death)?

mastrovara

Landlubber
Hey guys!

When i was playing, my screen suddenly became all black.

I was talking to the shipyard master. I saved, and then all went dark.
My only possible actions are "talk", "move to", and "cancel". Every of those don't work. I tried in every way to change something but it won't budge.

That was my only save so i can't play my character anymore cause of this.

Is there a way in the console i can teleport or fix this problem somehow? Like telporting me in the town center of Curucao (sorry for the bad spelling), in the city in which i was? Maybe this could fix it. Or also get in battle or something to change the game status. Every adivice is welcomed!

I have never used the console so i don't really now where to start to do these stuff.

Thank you guys!

Sorry Mate. Unfortuneately no. The best advice I always give new players is to save often. You shouldn't just use F6 "quicksave" alone all the time, because they will corrupt after a while. You should save to five or six save slots and then save each time you enter a town or before a battle. Quicksave is great, but usually after a half hour of game-play, I will save to an actual seperate save-slot/window.

That sucks. If it's any consolation, I've done the same thing several times myself. You're going to have to start a new game. There's nothing worse in COAS than a black screen of death or a "BAD SAVE" slot.

Good Luck. Don't give up. The game is so fun and rewarding when you get levelled up good and are working the main quests and the really fun governor quests.

MK

The only thing that occurs to me is the following:

Go to programs/

open the file mod_on_off

Code:
// Show special message for test game statment
#define MOD_BETTATESTMODE			"On"  // On -DEV version; Test - TST ver; Off - relize

Star your game, then press F11 I believe and you'll get a menu. I think the button is F8, this will warp you to a near by tavern (could be friendly could be an enemy). If that doesn't work then unfortunately your game is DOA.

Untitled.png :nerbz

There goes my first character and a week's worth of micromanagement madness. Don't use quicksave. Ever.

Back