• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl

ShadowMoses

Landlubber
ok guys this may well have been posted allready, but was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get the black peark, i know its a mod, but I cant find the one to give you it at the start of the game.

Mainly i need a link to the install I need to get the Black Pearl

I originally had it but my comps hard drive failed so njeed to get it again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Moses

Ah, I don't know the code to give you such a ship at the START of the game, but then I'm all for starting the game in a Tartana.

What I would do if I were you, though, would be to load the latest build, and then board ships until you get a black Lineship. You may also be able to buy one at QC's shipyards (the pirate island, as you enter the fort it's the first house on the left)... But beware. There are THREE skins on this ship, the Pearl's solid black skin, and two striped skins. If you're dead set on the Pearl, keep going until you get the solid black skin.

Then, go to a shipyard, ask him to work on your ship, then to change sails, exit out of the dialogue and quickly hit 'enter' (as you'll be told to do). Then, select the 'ghost' sails.

If you're talking about THE no foolin' Black Pearl, with skeleton crews and which CANNOT be boarded, then I think you're out of luck...

The mod is in the All Versions1.4 mod pack of HellAngel and i made the mod wich actualy was not that hard edited only one file :shock:

Open the file [gamedir]programcharacterscharacters_init.c with a text editor and find the character named Nathaniel Hawk. Find the following line:
Code:
ch.Ship.Type

Now to get the Black Pearl, change this line to the following:
Code:
ch.Ship.Type = "BlackPearl"

This assumes you have modpack 10 installed, if not, change the line to:
Code:
ch.Ship.Type = SHIP_BLACK_PEARL

HTH

i have tried and tried and finally realised that without putting in that code in the characters_init file there is no way to get the black pearl... is this true or am i just stone? 8):

Well, you _can_ just set Barbossa boardable...but you'll have to hunt in quests_reactions.c for the right place, I don't have the code with me ATM.

Sailor_Al said:
board ships until you get a black Lineship.

Is THAT what the black `raggedy-sail` ship that's sailing with the English is? I saw that and figured it was the Pearl and couldn't be boarded. So if it's black but NOT flying the pirate colors, I can board her? And she's a Lineship?

:cheers

You can board every ship but the ship captained by Barbossa. So even if it _looks_ like the BP, if it doesn't have the torn sails, it ain't the BP.

I too like the pirate lineship; that and the pirate frigate (the former when I'm slugging battle lines, the latter for light combat and commerce raiding).

I took, I think it was a pirate Schooner - with the most wonderful sails - the skull and crossed bones - the one with the red bandana on the skull? MAN I'd love to sail about with THOSE sails on all my ships - is that possible? (yes, I sold the schooner)

I personally use that flag in my encampment at the Renaissance Faire here. It's not for the Faire, it's for where we all camp - so my friends can find my tent! Cool flag, by far the JOLLIEST Jolly Roger I have ever seen! :cheers

`pie-rat2`.jpg

Eh?
Oh.
Character_SetAbordageEnable(characterFromID("Barbossa"), true);

Put that somewhere it'll execute.

I.e. backup then open seadogs.c
find
Code:
	if(ControlName == "NK_NameChange")	{ ChangeName(GetMainCharacter()); } // NK
Replace with
Code:
	if(ControlName == "NK_NameChange")

{ 

ChangeName(GetMainCharacter());

Character_SetAbordageEnable(characterFromID("Barbossa"), true);

}
Save, close, open POTC, load game, hit N, save, quit, restore backup, restart POTC and load your game.
Barbossa['s ship] will now be boardable.

Back