• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

For existing ships have you considered the Hoy, the Neptunus, the HMS Interceptor, the FR_sloop, the Bermuda Sloop, the HMS_Speedy, or possibly the Ketch? :keith

These are non standard ships and some of them are pretty nice.

for the time being, i guess i can try to get the interceptor for her. it would be very cool to see that ship against the pearl =)

"For what we want most... there is a price must be paid in the end..."

LOL, just kidding. Don't worry mate, we're not filthy rich and using Maya 2012! :shock
Instead, we have Maya 5.0 available on our FTP; it's the same version used by the game's original developers at Akella, back in 2003.
In fact, the plugin required to export models to the game's native .GM format is only compatible with Maya 5.0. And what's more, it's actually fairly easy to use...
... once you get used to it. Hopefully there will be a full shipbuilding and exporting tutorial for Maya 5.0 made in the near future, so watch this space.;)

I want to make a ship for Pirates of the burning sea and obviously I wanna do the Pearl, but due to copyright stuffs I've had to make some aterations to her and I've made her into His Majesty's galleon on war Last Shadow. I don't really know anything about modeling stuff for PotBS so any help from anyone would be really great. :mm

This is the concept sketch I drew the night I came up with the idea.
hms_last_shadow_by_bonjourmonami-d4rwybz.jpg

This is the first wip pic of the model. I finally figured out how to do the old girls spirals properly. If I've got it figured correctly, I have around 50,000 - 55,000 polys to play with (according to the guideline PotBS gives you.)

hms_last_shadow_wip_02_by_bonjourmonami-d4s0174.jpg

bonjourmonami, Could you post the maya file of the current pearl to download, I'll use him in the famous CryEngine 3, I do not know if you know it, is the engine of the game crysis 2.
doff.gif

they released the engine for amateur modders create their things, she is free to download, and also was the piratesahoy community that created the the pearl the way that we know today, so I do not see a problem to put the pearl in a new engine, after all we have to evolve over time, ok.
hope you understand.
me.gif

bonjourmonami, Could you post the maya file of the current pearl to download, I'll use him in the famous CryEngine 3, I do not know if you know it, is the engine of the game crysis 2.
doff.gif
Interesting endeavour, mate! I've uploaded the Maya file of the current Pearl (in use in B14 Beta 2.1) here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/Back-up,%20WIP%20and%20unreleased/BlackPearl_MB.7z
I'd be interested to hear what you manage to do with it... :hmm

they released the engine for amateur modders create their things, she is free to download, and also was the piratesahoy community that created the the pearl the way that we know today, so I do not see a problem to put the pearl in a new engine, after all we have to evolve over time, ok.
hope you understand.
me.gif
I think LS was referring to Bonjourmonami's comments on copyright policies for Pirates of the Burning Sea. ;)

While I'm here I thought I should mention that after one captures the black Pearl her stats (sails and hull) stay super high. Berthing her gets the sails back to normal but the hull HP stays at over 2,000. I repainted her to the Wicked Wench and the hull stats stayed.

Battle damage is slowly wearing the hull HP down to its current 1,852. Can this be set to a normal number?

Are you referring to capturing the cursed Pearl at the end of the Sea Hawk storyline? Repainting her to a version with different stats is bound to mess things up.
In fact, I think we need to sort out the Pearl models so that you can't repaint between different versions.
Maybe this would be the best compromise: the Cursed and Uncursed models are independent, but the BlackPearl and WickedWench are grouped together with identical stats.
Does that sound good? :shrug

Thinking about the CursedPearl being captured; I think the GiveShip function in the console resets the stats correctly,
so maybe if that function is added somewhere in the storyline code, we could give the player the BlackPearl instead (due to the curse being lifted).
We'd just need to know where exactly to add the line for the change to work properly.

Yeah, I want a normal ship. Being able to swap between the uncursed Black Pearl and the Wicked Wench would be nice.

PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests\quests_reaction.c:
Code:
			// PB: Swap cursed Pearl with normal Pearl -->
if(GetAttribute(pchar,"ship.type") == SHIP_CURSED)
{GiveShip2Character(pchar,"BlackPearl","Black Pearl",-1,PIRATE,true,true);}
// PB: Swap cursed Pearl with normal Pearl <--
What does this look like? That's been in there for years now. :facepalm

On the other hand, maybe that doesn't work as intended. Recommend to replace with:
Code:
			// PB: Swap cursed Pearl with normal Pearl -->
if(sti(GetAttribute(pchar,"ship.type")) == SHIP_CURSED)
{GiveShip2Character(pchar,"BlackPearl","Black Pearl",-1,PIRATE,true,true);}
// PB: Swap cursed Pearl with normal Pearl <--
Maximus changed my GetAttribute function to return a string instead of an integer like originally, so that could've messed things up.

doff.gif
Interesting endeavour, mate! I've uploaded the Maya file of the current Pearl (in use in B14 Beta 2.1) here: http://www.pyratesah...lackPearl_MB.7z
I'd be interested to hear what you manage to do with it... :hmm

hope you understand.
me.gif
I think LS was referring to Bonjourmonami's comments on copyright policies for Pirates of the Burning Sea. ;)

Thanks, I'll start work now
doff.gif

I'm in big trouble when I went to export, the following error happened.
vertices 0 and 1 have the same cordinated
because of this error will not let me export, any idea how to solve it.
dunno.gif

I guess you'll need to select each component and go to 'Edit Polygons -> Merge Vertices'.
If that doesn't fix it, I'll have a look at the file my end and see if I can sort it out.

I guess you'll need to select each component and go to 'Edit Polygons -> Merge Vertices'.
If that doesn't fix it, I'll have a look at the file my end and see if I can sort it out.

ok, I'll put a picture only to complement, but if you can look at the pearl to help me with thisI'll be very grateful. After all this is a 2011 engine and high-tech, but the problem is not the engine in this case, is the pearl.
type_1.gif
error.jpg

Right, I've merged all the vertices (there were LOTS of overlapping ones), scaled the ship correctly (it was 100 times too small!), and replaced the file on the FTP.
Just download the file again and hopefully the problem should be resolved.

I also removed all the locators, since the chances are they're meaningless to CryEngine 3.
I actually tried to use the SDK myself recently, but apparently my graphics card is not supported, so it won't work for me. :modding
That's why I'm curious to see what you can achieve with the model... ;)

Back