• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Other idea. At the top of the file, find:
Code:
	if (GetCharacterShipClass(PChar) > 4) // Petros: Was 3, changed to allow Fleut and Caravel
{
LowClassShip = true;
}
Replace with:
Code:
	if (GetCharacterShipClass(PChar) > 5) // Petros: Was 3, changed to allow Fleut and Caravel
{
LowClassShip = true;
}
Eg. change the 4 to a 5. That should allow the Black Pearl.

There that did it! Thanks.
me.gif

Do you think we should tweak the Dutchman's handling so she turns better? She handles like a brick and turns wider than a big-rig truck.
urgh.gif
lol

Do you think we should tweak the Dutchman's handling so she turns better? She handles like a brick and turns wider than a big-rig truck.
urgh.gif
lol

If you're going for realism, then no. Steering a square rigger or any old ship of that size is incredibly painstaking and it takes forever to turn even forty five degrees. You can't even keep them moving in a straight line for more than 20 seconds. Especially one with that kind of a hull. It is not not fun.
But since complete realism is a pain in the ass sometimes, it might be a good idea to make it steer similar to other ships of its size and hull shape ingame. I think that would create a infinitely more playable false reality.

Sincerely,
Your Resident Over-Analysis Expert

That's what we've got Arcade Game Mode for; all ships handle very differently there.

But even in arcade mode, the Dutchman still handles like a brick. I've never liked how the Dutchman handled. That's why I never played with it before it got its supernatural powers. The thing can't turn to save its life. lol
urgh.gif

If you want to change the turn rate, find the CursedDutchman entry in Ships_init.c, and find this line:
Code:
}else{
refShip.SpeedRate		= 15.5;
refShip.TurnRate		= 36;
Just increase the TurnRate value until the ship handles more reasonably. :doff

glogoglo! The link for the sails is not work (at page 30). And I need those sails again. Please, send me the sails for AOP:CT. Thanks. ;)

If you want to change the turn rate, find the CursedDutchman entry in Ships_init.c, and find this line:
Code:
}else{
refShip.SpeedRate		= 15.5;
refShip.TurnRate		= 36;
Just increase the TurnRate value until the ship handles more reasonably. :doff

I'll do that. I like its speed just fine. I just need to fix it's turn-rate. And possibly even make that a new standard if everyone likes it?
dunno.gif

Potentially for Arcade Mode, yes. At first glance, that turn rate does seem a bit slow compared to similar ships.

Potentially for Arcade Mode, yes. At first glance, that turn rate does seem a bit slow compared to similar ships.

Makes it a pain to chase ships. They turn and I'm screwed. lol Then I just get frustrated and go Kraken on them.
icon_mrgreen1.gif

Whahahaha! If you find a better Arcade Mode value, let me know and we can set it as default. :yes

this is only for the modelers and ship designers:

would you guys be able to do me a huge favor? i recently got my gf to nerd out with me and play potc. but she's jealous that i have the queen anne's revenge and the pearl. she claims that she doesnt want to use those ships because she has fallen in love with her sloop. i kinda felt bad that she's using a generic sloop so i drew one up for her. is anyone interested in what this sketch may look like if it were brought into the game as well?

thanks guys

Kale

Of course. Show your sketch and see if you can convince a modeller to make it. Perhaps we could even piece it together with pieces of existing ships.
danse1.gif

She fell in love with a sloop? Really? lol I think she just wants the QAR and BP too. Well, anyone can get them. Both ships can be purchased from Vanderdecken, and the Pearl is eventually earned in the Jack Sparrow storyline.

she said she loved the simplicity of the ship... or something like that, but she doesn't know that i reprogrammed it to have better stats. that's why she won't give it up. lol, but here is the sketch of the sloop i redesigned for her, well at least the side view. thanks guys!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/raid4381/IMG_0961.jpg

For existing ships have you considered the Hoy, the Neptunus, the HMS Interceptor, the FR_sloop, the Bermuda Sloop, the HMS_Speedy, or possibly the Ketch? :keith

These are non standard ships and some of them are pretty nice.

she said she loved the simplicity of the ship... or something like that, but she doesn't know that i reprogrammed it to have better stats. that's why she won't give it up. lol, but here is the sketch of the sloop i redesigned for her, well at least the side view. thanks guys!

http://i45.photobuck...81/IMG_0961.jpg
That's a beautiful concept, mate! :keith
I doubt very much you'll find any modellers who are currently unoccupied, but in the meantime, there could be some good alternatives already in-game.
The rigging of your design seems to match that of a ketch, so either Ketch or Ketch_Navy could be worth a try.
The hull, on the other hand, resembles the new Neptunus model in size and shape, which is a highly detailed ship.

EDIT: on second thought, have a look at this ship: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17585-brigantine-castell-friedrichsburg-1688-upgraded-to-16-guns/
We don't actually have her in PotC yet due to technical problems, but I think she's a fairly close match for your design concept.

Thanks @Armada and @Pieter for the complements on the sketch.

@Armada - i think its time i learned how to use maya. that other ship you showed me would make the perfect base for this sketch. i also understand that its going to be difficult to find a modeler for this because i know everyone else is doing something.

call me dedicated and all, but here is what i drew out for the stern and the bow.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f91/raid4381/IMG_0963.jpg

Back