• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

The damaged Pearl... dammit. All the UV and model changes made to the normal Pearl's hull need to be done all over again for the damaged one.
In your words though, "screw that". Too much work to bother with right now. :razz

Off to Hollywood, eh? Talk about taking a break!

Well spoken. lol
rolleyes.gif
I'll check out Pieter's Wicked Wench descriptions and see what I can do . . . when I feel like it. lol
icon_wink.gif

I JUST got back. Spent 2 days in Hollywood and not one bit of sleep the whole time! People are crazy up there! lol
icon_mrgreen1.gif
But it was fun. Although I still much prefer San Diego.

I'm definitely happy to be back in my quaint little beach town though.
me.gif

I added some grime to the Pearl to make her look more dirty like she does in the movie as well as darkened her prow. What do you think, Bonjourmonami? Happy?
rolleyes.gif

So with that, the Black Pearl's textures are finished. Is there anything you wanted to do with her before I release her, Armada?
william.gif

The only thing I haven't finished yet is the sails. I have to take the vertical lines out of the solid, patched, and cursed sails, because in the movie, the Pearl's sails don't have those. I could wait to release the Pearl till after I finish her sails. What do you think, Armada?
dunno.gif
Ugh. Getting those lines out of your cursed sails is gonna be a pain. lol
urgh.gif

[attachment=7354:Fullscreen capture 10192011 30749 AM.jpg] [attachment=7353:Fullscreen capture 10192011 30757 AM.jpg] [attachment=7352:Fullscreen capture 10192011 30813 AM.jpg]

[attachment=7351:Fullscreen capture 10192011 30825 AM.jpg]

[attachment=7350:moddingNGINE 2011-10-19 03-12-09-08.jpg] [attachment=7349:moddingNGINE 2011-10-19 03-12-20-20.jpg] [attachment=7348:moddingNGINE 2011-10-19 03-12-30-38.jpg]

In the words of pop Larkin "Perfick" Well done on the Pearl she looks absolutely grand. :cheers

In the words of pop Larkin "Perfick" Well done on the Pearl she looks absolutely grand. :cheers

wow bm
youve done a greate draw there
did you inspired on this image?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110910051746/pirates/images/thumb/f/fb/BPinbottlecabinet.jpg/830px-BPinbottlecabinet.jpg

does the lights from both ships work on potc?
PotC doesn't support lights on any ships, unfortunately.

neither for other ships when sailing on night?
that a bit rare....

No, PotC has never had lights on the ships. Ever.

Armada, do you have any idea why he has no sails?
dunno.gif

would be greate if those ships coud have lights
dont you think so?

Does the Pearl have its sails?

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
dunno.gif

wow bm
youve done a greate draw there
did you inspired on this image?
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110910051746/pirates/images/thumb/f/fb/BPinbottlecabinet.jpg/830px-BPinbottlecabinet.jpg

I used Jack holding her at the end of the film as a reference

Armada, a little while ago you said that the damaged pearl had a completely different UV map to the undamaged one, if I were to OBJ export the finished undamaged and put on the damages, would you be able to put the seperate textures onto it in maya? :mm

Armada, a little while ago you said that the damaged pearl had a completely different UV map to the undamaged one, if I were to OBJ export the finished undamaged and put on the damages, would you be able to put the seperate textures onto it in maya? :mm

If that was done, all I would need to do is make a few adjustments in HEX editor and she'd be good to go.

Glad you like the Pearl. I was hoping you would.
me.gif
me.gif
What do you think of the Revenge?

haven't tested her yet. but I'm sure she'll be brill.

On another subject, has anyone gotten the new Zvezda black pearl yet, still waiting for my local model shop to have it in stock. :shrug

Armada, when I change the Pearl to the Cursed Pearl, her cannon ports are almost underwater. In addition to that, it keeps exploding while sailing and her health bar just goes down and down. What happened? does the waterline need to be adjusted?
dunno.gif

I was thinking . . . I could do some slight tweaks for the 4 Pearls.

1. Pre-Curse - When Bonjourmonami suggested I dirty up the Pearl, I saved the clean version. I could use the clean version for the pre-curse Pearl where she's newly risen.
2. Cursed - I'm not certain, but I think the figurehead is much darker for the cursed ship. I could also make her even dirtier than the current model to add to the whole cursed look.
3. Post-Curse - That's the new one we just released. nothing needed except the black sails need those lines taken out of them. That actually applies to the cursed and pre-cursed sails too.
4. Damaged - I could texture some "damage" to the ship and enhance the overall vision of that version.

And of course, I need to do the new Wicked Wench as well.
What do you think?
keith.gif

I just sent Armada a set of the Black Pearl models in OBJ format. It includes damaged and undamaged. I made a couple of adjustments to the undamged, which also went over to the damaged version, I raised the bottom of the belfrey so it wasn't in jack's cabin and gave the railing of the quarterdeck a slight curve by raising the lantern mount slightly. Also if it worked, you should see the other sides of the lanterns when you look through them. I also sent a stuff on deck model.

Back