• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

CANT DOWNLOAD THE FILE!!! IT SAYS 404 PAGE NOT FOUND -_-

Sorry. You must have tried in the few minutes I was fixing the file. Try again.
dunno.gif

FINALLY!
w00t.gif
Here's what you've all been waiting for: The Queen Anne's Revenge is ready for release!

Like the Pearl, it's been a few months of hard work put into her. I hope you guys enjoy it. This is probably our the most elaborate texturing on a ship so far. 95% of the ship was textured from photographs of the actual ship used in the film. Here's a few screenies of the finished product:

[attachment=7376:moddingNGINE 2011-10-20 16-31-55-67.jpg] [attachment=7377:moddingNGINE 2011-10-20 16-30-59-90.jpg]

[attachment=7375:moddingNGINE 2011-10-20 16-32-15-02.jpg] [attachment=7378:moddingNGINE 2011-10-20 08-47-11-61.jpg]

To get her, simply click this link: http://www.pyratesah..._S/RESOURCE.exe

Then extract it to your main game folder and when it asks, click on "Yes to all".

Install the code updates (see below).

Open PROGRAM/Ships/ships_init.c in a text editor such as Notepad.

Click on this link:
http://www.pyratesah...hips_init_ENTRY

And copy its entire contents.

Paste the contents into ships_init.c, just above this line:

//---DO NOT ADD BELOW THIS LINE---

Save the file.

UPDATE:

I think I found a way to fix the sails:

Open PROGRAM/Ships/ships_init.c in a text editor such as Notepad.
Find the Queen Anne's Revenge's code near the bottom of the list.

Replace the 2 lines: "sail_QueenAnnesRevenge.tga.tx";

With: "sail_QueenAnnesRevenge.tga";

Remember to replace both lines.

I think that will work. Let me know if it doesn't.

And that should do it! Enjoy!
thpirateshipff.gif

P.S. In proper Disney tradition, I've placed a "hidden Mickey" on the ship. See if you can find it.
icon_mrgreen1.gif

If you don't know what a "hidden Mickey" is, Google it. lol

Leave the flag as is? OK, we'll see how it goes.

I think Bonjourmonami wanted the Revenge to look less like the Pearl, so he made the gunports round as one step to make her look different.
Actually, I think I've seen concept art of the Revenge with round gunports... have a look at this.

Idk. I guess we could move the flag. We are supposed to be as accurate as possible.
dunno.gif
So how do we do that?

Dammit!
modding.gif

I left out the main texture in the QAR. I thought I got them all.
mybad.gif

I'm so sorry everyone! I will correct this error immediately.
dunno.gif

Idk. I guess we could move the flag. We are supposed to be as accurate as possible.
dunno.gif
So how do we do that?
I just need to move the locators from one mast to the other. It's a quick and easy process, so if you do want the flag to be moved, just say. :onya

I hope you have better luck than I did. In TOOL mast 3 ( the one with the flag ) says "model cannot be read".

Excelent job guys!!!! :onya
youve done a greate work
now i still cant get out the mini-sail
but the rope for bowspirit works
greate job anyway

I hope you have better luck than I did. In TOOL mast 3 ( the one with the flag ) says "model cannot be read".
Oh. Well in that case, I'll only move the flag if absolutely necessary. I'd need to re-export the whole mast for it to work. :facepalm

Oh. Well in that case, I'll only move the flag if absolutely necessary. I'd need to re-export the whole mast for it to work. :facepalm

Do you think we should or not? It would be more accurate and make it look less like the Pearl. I could live with either one really.

Do you think we should or not? It would be more accurate and make it look less like the Pearl. I could live with either one really.
For what it's worth, it's probably best to leave the flag where it is for now.
Re-exporting the mast would be a pain in the arse, especially because it's difficult to position it correctly when exporting. :urgh

For what it's worth, it's probably best to leave the flag where it is for now.
Re-exporting the mast would be a pain in the arse, especially because it's difficult to position it correctly when exporting. :urgh

I knew you'd say that. lol
rolleyes.gif

Well if there's enough demand, I'll make the change. But in the meantime, I need a break from this project, and I'm sure you do too. It's been very long winded! :j3

Well if there's enough demand, I'll make the change. But in the meantime, I need a break from this project, and I'm sure you do too. It's been very long winded! :j3

Indeed, I should make the HEX adjustments for the damaged Pearl. I keep forgetting about her.
rolleyes.gif

And then you lot want me to do the Wicked Wench. Screw that. lol I'll get to her when I'm good and ready.
razz.gif
I'm taking a break for a week or two. lol

Today I'm off to Hollywood for a Nightmare Before Christmas event.
icon_wink.gif

Indeed, I should make the HEX adjustments for the damaged Pearl. I keep forgetting about her.
rolleyes.gif

And then you lot want me to do the Wicked Wench. Screw that. lol I'll get to her when I'm good and ready. :razz I'm taking a break for a week or two. lol

Today I'm off to Hollywood for a Nightmare Before Christmas event.
icon_wink.gif
The damaged Pearl... dammit. All the UV and model changes made to the normal Pearl's hull need to be done all over again for the damaged one.
In your words though, "screw that". Too much work to bother with right now. :razz

At least for the Wicked Wench, you don't have to be perfect, because there isn't a real version to go by ('real' doesn't count for Disney world attractions!).

Off to Hollywood, eh? Talk about taking a break!

I have a problem with QAR sails in game. I put ship and sails in game, but there is no sails at all. How can i fix this problem?? :shrug

I'm reading Pirates of the Caribbean: The Price of Freedom and there is a description of the Wicked Wench's colour scheme in there somewhere.
I'll try to look it up again some time.

I have a problem with QAR sails in game. I put ship and sails in game, but there is no sails at all. How can i fix this problem?? :shrug

I included her sails in the file. Are you sure you followed the coding instructions correctly?
dunno.gif

Back