• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

Ahh, I just read your last post. Good job! :onya Maybe moving all of the locators up vertically will hide them in the spar.

Now to find out why mine has no ropes.

Actually, it might be best to leave out code files altogether, unless the Pearl and Revenge are bundled as one pack.
The reason is that if you release the Revenge separately after the Pearl, and include another code file, people will then overwrite the Pearl's code if they've installed it.
Best to just give a link to the installation instructions on the first page of this thread.

But I didn't include the Revenge's code. Only the Pearl's. And when the Revenge comes out, it will be vice versa. Does that work?
dunno.gif

That version gives the original no-show sails again. Might need some minor adjustments and then things should work properly.
Nice find about the sail type difference, though! :onya

EDIT: Aha! Gents, I think we may have a solution. :cheeky
Changing the vertical extremes to 0.25 and 0.45, and the horizontal extremes to +/-0.5 produces a sail which is only visible if you look hard enough.
The tiniest portion of it appears below the yard, and when using dark red sails it's almost unnoticeable anyway. All ropes are present too.

The last thing we need to do is move the flag from the mainmast to the bowsprit mast, as per the movie, and then we're done for the day. :dance
That is, unless there's more rigging to do, but it looks mostly fine to me.

Ugh. Now the mizzen and bowspirit sails are gone again.
mybad.gif

[attachment=7367:moddingNGINE 2011-10-19 19-35-59-37.jpg]

Try this for the bowsprit. The mizzen uses a different system that I have never tried.

That's it! That did the trick! Don't change another thing!
w00t.gif

See? All her yards are moving and she has all her sails.

[attachment=7372:moddingNGINE 2011-10-20 08-17-14-05.jpg]

I daresay she's ready for release!
me.gif
Good work mate!

I'll ok it with Armada before I release her though.

I've noticed in screenshots from the movie that it looks like the QAR doesn't have those 2 stay sails between the fore and main masts. Think we just just keep then anyway?
dunno.gif

well
i try it on aop ct and looks like it has no ropes on the bowspirit sail
and i still see the mini sail there.......i dont know whats wrong

Attachments

• Dibujo.jpg
    Dibujo.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 133
But I didn't include the Revenge's code. Only the Pearl's. And when the Revenge comes out, it will be vice versa. Does that work?
dunno.gif
Well, not quite. :urgh
Like I said, one code file will overwrite another when installed on top of it.
So, if someone installs ships_init.c with the Pearl's code and THEN installs the file with the Revenge's code too, the former will be overwritten and will no longer work.
Maybe you should just take my word for it: it's better to give people instructions for manual installation rather that risk having problems with multiple versions of a file. Savvy? :eek:k

I've noticed in screenshots from the movie that it looks like the QAR doesn't have those 2 stay sails between the fore and main masts. Think we just just keep then anyway?
dunno.gif
Well it depends. Do we want to be 100% accurate, or just leave it as is for now and change it only if people complain?
One thing we do need to to change is the position of the flag. I'm surprised you haven't picked up on that at all! :slap

well
Is that using the file from post #684? That's supposed to work... :?

One thing we do need to to change is the position of the flag. I'm surprised you haven't picked up on that at all! :slap

Actually, I noticed a long time ago, but I like our historical flag on the main mast better. lol Like the sails, we'll just leave it as is unless a whole bunch of people whine about it.
icon_wink.gif

What was BM's reasoning behind giving her round cannon ports again? I've always thought that was the weirdest thing about our QAR . . . lol
rolleyes.gif

Like I said, one code file will overwrite another when installed on top of it.
So, if someone installs ships_init.c with the Pearl's code and THEN installs the file with the Revenge's code too, the former will be overwritten and will no longer work.
Maybe you should just take my word for it: it's better to give people instructions for manual installation rather that risk having problems with multiple versions of a file. Savvy? :eek:k

Ok then. I'm gonna take the file off ModDB and take the Ships_init.C file out and then re-upload it.
william.gif
And I'll do the same with the FTP.

well

Do you think it'll work for him any better once he downloads my textures?
dunno.gif
That's weird. It's working fine on PotC, but not AoP.

Unless there's any objections, I'm gonna go ahead and release the Queen Anne's Revenge. I took the Ships_inti.C file out of the Pearl download, and I won't include it in the Revenge one either. I'll just copy and paste your code fix for the Revenge in the description, Armada.

Actually, I noticed a long time ago, but I like our historical flag on the main mast better. lol Like the sails, we'll just leave it as is unless a whole bunch of people whine about it.
icon_wink.gif

What was BM's reasoning behind giving her round cannon ports again? I've always thought that was the weirdest thing about our QAR . . . lol
rolleyes.gif
Leave the flag as is? OK, we'll see how it goes.

I think Bonjourmonami wanted the Revenge to look less like the Pearl, so he made the gunports round as one step to make her look different.
Actually, I think I've seen concept art of the Revenge with round gunports... have a look at this.

well

Do you think it'll work for him any better once he downloads my textures?
dunno.gif
That's weird. It's working fine on PotC, but not AoP.
Actually, he might be missing the latest update before the release, which had changes made to more than just that one yard.
It should work if he downloads the full version of the ship, once you release it.

EDIT: sure, go ahead with the Revenge. It's about time too! :cheers

I finally found the cannon ports by the way. Mr. black on black. lol
icon_wink.gif

[attachment=7374:Fullscreen capture 10202011 30055 PM.jpg]

Well at least you found them, despite my minor hiccup. :cheeky

BTW, there's no 'B' in Queen Anne's Revenge... not like you added one in your sig, at all...

I think Legendary_Spider is currently tweaking the download files, so they're offline for the moment. He'll be finished fairly soon, I expect.

Back