• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

can someone email me the gm files for the Queen Anne's Revenge? they need to be tested on other games. I want to see how well this ship works in an AOP gameplay. the POTCO version just sucks...

Armada actually already posted the original GM files here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17923-black-pearl-and-qar-progress/

But later, he modified the model and posted the update here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17923-black-pearl-and-qar-progress/page__st__180

And another update here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17923-black-pearl-and-qar-progress/page__st__280

And another update here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17923-black-pearl-and-qar-progress/page__st__320

And finally one last one here: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/17923-black-pearl-and-qar-progress/page__st__420

Ugh. Still can't get the color on the masts quite right. Look at them, they're STILL too dark.
modding.gif

[attachment=7249:moddingNGINE 2011-09-28 06-35-35-05.jpg] [attachment=7250:moddingNGINE 2011-09-28 06-35-28-77.jpg]

[attachment=7251:moddingNGINE 2011-09-28 06-32-17-55.jpg] [attachment=7252:moddingNGINE 2011-09-28 06-31-59-72.jpg]

Armada, we have a technical issue here. These two yard arms (or whatever they're called) on the mizzen mast are not rotating like the others. That's gonna need to be fixed. It looks weird.
mybad.gif

[attachment=7253:moddingNGINE 2011-09-28 06-30-52-10.jpg] [attachment=7254:moddingNGINE 2011-09-28 06-31-24-52.jpg]

I made the Lateen so that it wouldn't move, in the films it always stays pretty much dead on foward and if you look at the rigging for it, it is actually fixed so it stays at that angle.

I made the Lateen so that it wouldn't move, in the films it always stays pretty much dead on foward and if you look at the rigging for it, it is actually fixed so it stays at that angle.

Ok I guess. But what about the yard just above the lateen?
dunno.gif
That really needs to be able to move like all the other yards because the sail is getting all twisted around.

technically speaking, a lateen should be able to move at least 120 degrees, but the game engine will only support half of that. the movies are not exactly a reliable source for determining realism. as for the rigging, the lateen is held in place by a few bracelines with pulleys. that means it's running rigging, and can therefore be adjusted by the crew.

Personally, I think both the lateen and definitely the yard just above it should be able to move. Hopefully Armada can fix that.

LS, do you have high graphics(or max viveo stats)?
cause i noticed that the coas has better graphics that potc(is that real)
i mean that in my aop ,these 2 ships looks like have more details,but of course with less control options xD:
The Age of Pirates games do run on newer game engines than PotC, but to be honest, I don't think it makes a huge difference.
The ship models are identical, it's just the way the game engines render them with different lighting conditions which makes them look different.

To have a fair comparison, you'd need to look at screenshots from both games running on the same computer, otherwise you could be getting false impressions.
Have a look at our images on the New Horizons ModDB account, in particular those posted by Miklkit, which show the game at pretty much its highest graphical quality. ;)
Compare those to your own experiences in AoP, and images posted by AoP modders, and you'll get a good picture of the different graphics.

the POTC version just sucks...
That was just uncalled for. Give the game a break, it's been around for eight years now.
Even at that age, the game still looks visually pleasing for most of us. The graphics were ahead of their time, and thanks to the Build Mod's efforts, they now look better than ever.
We are continuing to improve the look and feel of the game as much as we can, and to be told that the result 'sucks' is simply insulting.

dunno.gif
That really needs to be able to move like all the other yards because the sail is getting all twisted around.
So you need that yard to be adjusted, but what's the verdict on the lateen? Do I move it or leave it? :?

ok
in fact the POTC has more graphics(its very impresive the cannon shoot efects and smoke and the sea too)
ive tried the 3 games but how anyway i have a bad videocard,i cant say too much about in game graphics xD: (i have a laptop)
in the future i hope that i will have a good videocard.I prefer to play potc(mores game stories)but it moves slow for me

So you need that yard to be adjusted, but what's the verdict on the lateen? Do I move it or leave it? :?

The yard right above the lateen definitely needs to be able to move, yes. Idk about the lateen. BM says it doesn't move in the movie, but in real life, it would move. What do you think? We should see what Pieter thinks too. If it were soley up to me, I would make it so the lateen moves, but I also wanna be fair to BM, so we should see what more people think.

i mean that in my aop ,these 2 ships looks like have more details,but of course with less control options xD:
The Age of Pirates games do run on newer game engines than PotC, but to be honest, I don't think it makes a huge difference.
The ship models are identical, it's just the way the game engines render them with different lighting conditions which makes them look different.

To have a fair comparison, you'd need to look at screenshots from both games running on the same computer, otherwise you could be getting false impressions.
Have a look at our images on the New Horizons ModDB account, in particular those posted by Miklkit, which show the game at pretty much its highest graphical quality. ;)
Compare those to your own experiences in AoP, and images posted by AoP modders, and you'll get a good picture of the different graphics.

That was just uncalled for. Give the game a break, it's been around for eight years now.
Even at that age, the game still looks visually pleasing for most of us. The graphics were ahead of their time, and thanks to the Build Mod's efforts, they now look better than ever.
We are continuing to improve the look and feel of the game as much as we can, and to be told that the result 'sucks' is simply insulting.

dunno.gif

ok guys, if you're quoting me, i said that Pirates of the Caribbean Online version of the Queen Anne's Revenge sucks. that was way too incorrect. the ones you guys are making is amazing. its true to texture and detail. btw, does anyone know how i can import the sail colors to the ship to AOP as well? or make the texture as amazing as the one you guys have? testing the Revenge needs a little more time if we're going to put it on AOP as well

dunno.gif

ok guys, if you're quoting me, i said that Pirates of the Caribbean Online version of the Queen Anne's Revenge sucks. that was way too incorrect. the ones you guys are making is amazing. its true to texture and detail. btw, does anyone know how i can import the sail colors to the ship to AOP as well? or make the texture as amazing as the one you guys have? testing the Revenge needs a little more time if we're going to put it on AOP as well

so far, this is what the revenge looks like in Age of Pirates. is there any way i can get the details the same way as pictured from your guys' stuff, and if so, how do i program it?

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/8466/qartrialaop.png

and finally, this is the POTCO - PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN ONLINE queen anne's revenge i was referring to.

3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110824123515/piratesonline/images/thumb/e/e2/Queen_Anne.png/240px-Queen_Anne.png

Ooohhhhhhhh. Now I understand. We thought you were taking about OUR PotC. Not PotC online. Simple misunderstanding, no worries.
me.gif

Yeah, the PotC Online version of the QAR is total crap. lol I think ours is the best looking virtual QAR out there. Thanks for the nice compliment on my texturing. About a month of hard work has gone into her. I just need Armada's help to finish my work on the Pearl and Revenge.

I would personally like to see the lateen fixed in its straight forward position, it would just be more like the Pearl we all know and adore. Plus, previous versions of the Pearl that I've used, when ever the lateen could swing round the sail used to end up going through the mizzen mast.

I would personally like to see the lateen fixed in its straight forward position, it would just be more like the Pearl we all know and adore. Plus, previous versions of the Pearl that I've used, when ever the lateen could swing round the sail used to end up going through the mizzen mast.

Ok I guess it can stay as is, but the yard just above the lateen needs to be fixed so it can move because the sail is twisting.

i don't like a fixed lateen, no matter how similar it has to be to a faulty design. i don't really care when it's done on the QAR, since it's terribly historically inaccurate anyway, but the pearl is pretty convincing. besides, it's kinda nice when it doesn't get in the way of your view all the time. though i think that wouldn't be a problem if it's dead center.

Armada, I think I overwrote my cursed Pearl sails. Could you or someone please post the file?
mybad.gif

ok guys, if you're quoting me, i said that Pirates of the Caribbean Online version of the Queen Anne's Revenge sucks.
Ah... I assumed the 'O' after 'POTC' was a typo. In that case, sorry, I take back what I said. My bad. :eek:ops

Plus, previous versions of the Pearl that I've used, when ever the lateen could swing round the sail used to end up going through the mizzen mast.
That seems to be a common problem with most of our lateen rigged ships, unfortunately.
For my two cents, separating the lateen from the mizzen is more work than just the yard that needs moving, because of the locators that also need to be moved to match it.
That's not to say I won't do it, because I will if we decide that's what's best, but at the moment it just seems unnecessary to me. :shrug

Armada, I think I overwrote my cursed Pearl sails. Could you or someone please post the file?
mybad.gif
Here you go: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/potc/Experienced%20Captain/sail_BlackPearl.tga.tx

:shrug Just a quick thought here chaps :shrug if you do make the lateen mobile, could you make the sail a regular square sail but have one end come to a point, then it wouldn't just be flat and might not go through the mizzen, :shrug Just a quick thought, dismiss if you want to :shrug

I guess we'll just leave the lateen as is then.
dunno.gif

But don't forget to fix that yard just above the lateen. That applies to the Pearl AND QAR.

Back