• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

It should be easy to remove the bow chasers and close the makeshift gunports. I would do it myself, but not right now.
For the moment, Pieter will have to lower the chaser locators and leave the guns until they're removed.

Or maybe . . . idk if anyone is with me on this . . . we move the locators, but leave the cannons where they are for "cosmetic reasons"?

Maybe, but imagine all the "Why won't the QAR's bow chasers fire?" complaints... :rolleyes:

Well if someone taught me how, I could make additional locators since nobody wants to do it. I'm willing to learn.
me.gif

At this time, I don't care. I've got flamethrowers that look like flamethrowers and don't even remotely work as them, which makes me happy enough. :wp

Well if someone taught me how, I could make additional locators since nobody wants to do it. I'm willing to learn.
me.gif
Just adding locators will not do; it's either the flamethrowers or the normal bow chasers. I can't separate the two.

My latest code on the Greek Fire is included in here for testing:
http://forum.piratesahoy.net/index.php/topic/12605-flying-dutchman/page__view__findpost__p__411065
Corrected file here: http://www.pyratesahoy.com/build/b14_b2_wip/pb_code_2011-11-17.exe

So is there a special button that works the fire?

What do you think of my idea of leaving the cannons and just moving the locators? I guess if push comes to shove, we can take out the cannons and move the locators down to those symbol things.
dunno.gif

I'm not 100% certain where the fire comes out, but judging from this pic, the fire does in fact come from those symbols. Weird.

830px-Qargreekfirewideview.jpg

Just like I guessed, Like the Pearl, the Revenge doesn't have bow or stern chasers, so you COULD actually take out the bow cannons, move the locators down to those symbols and be movie accurate.
keith.gif

830px-QARsailing-featurette.jpg

Seems like all the supernatural ships are getting their movie abilities.
me.gif

Now if there were just a way to give the Cursed Pearl sweeps for a speed boost.
rolleyes.gif
I imagine though, like the Kraken tentacles, they wouldn't be able to be animated, and the oars would look kinda funny just sitting in the water.
icon_mrgreen1.gif

We could give her a speed boost without showing any oars, I suppose. Just make an interface picture showing the Pearl with the oars. Or maybe just an oar.
Again, could work like the steamships. Sort-of. Though probably it would only last for a certain amount of time. Even cursed crewmembers can get tired, no? :wp

We could give her a speed boost without showing any oars, I suppose. Just make an interface picture showing the Pearl with the oars. Or maybe just an oar.
Again, could work like the steamships. Sort-of. Though probably it would only last for a certain amount of time. Even cursed crewmembers can get tired, no? :wp

Well yeah, we can't have special abilities lasting forever. With the exception of the Dutchman sailing underwater.

Can both Dutchmans sail underwater? I think the Kraken attack should be limited to just the cursed Dutchman. Also, we need a crew for the uncursed Dutchman, since the crew member return to normal under Will Turner's command.

Oh what the hell? That stupid mini sail is still rearing it's ugly head. Hylie Pistoff was working on a fix for that. I was gonna try downloading the last file he sent to me, but he seems to have removed it. How do we fix this?
dunno.gif

[attachment=7537:moddingNGINE 2011-11-18 05-39-07-34.jpg]

I don't think we've got a working crew walk file for the Dutchman.

At the moment, both Dutchmans can sail under water and both can summon the Kraken. That's easily changed though.

I was wondering if maybe the uncursed Dutchman should be able to fly instead. She IS named the FLYING Dutchman, right? :rofl

I've got the [Enter] menu control working for submerging the Dutchman. Also, she gets a speed boost on top of her regular speed, allowing her to sail into the wind.
She should probably be balanced later on vs. the Black Pearl so the Pearl can escape with the wind and the Dutchman can overtake the Pearl into the wind.

Some other thoughts:
- Kraken Attack not available while you're submerged (otherwise you can't be attacked while you're sinking your enemies; no fair!)
- Maybe discharge all cannons while submerged so that you have to reload them once you emerge (to compensate for this super-ability)
- Kraken Attack only available for ships that are not too close, so if you're in close combat you can't summon help - Never mind, I don't know how to do that

And the flamethrower has issues. As you can see.
rolleyes.gif
Isn't there any way to make the fire shoot from a fixed point on the ship? Once you fire it, it trails back into the cabin like flare.

[attachment=7538:moddingNGINE 2011-11-18 05-41-14-34.jpg]

And the flamethrower has issues. As you can see.
rolleyes.gif
Isn't there any way to make the fire shoot from a fixed point on the ship? Once you fire it, it trails back into the cabin like flare.
You're sailing too fast! :whipa

Indeed I was having some major challenges with that; the game REALLY doesn't understand the concept of MOVING ships.
The particle effect comes from the place where the cannon locator was at the moment the cannon was fired. The only thing I can do to compensate is to make the effect last shorter.
I can't generate a new particle effect from the new cannon location because I only know the location of the cannon locator at the time the cannon was fired.
After that, I have no clue, because that crap is hidden in the game engine somewhere.

This is also why the steamship particle code is so damn complicated. And even now it still doesn't compensate properly for roll and pitch angle, making for some weird effects if you observe closely.
Also, there's some additional bug with it because the faster a steamship goes, the further the emission point trails behind. And that is WITH generating the effect from a new spot.
It really is a pain. :modding

I was wondering if maybe the uncursed Dutchman should be able to fly instead. She IS named the FLYING Dutchman, right? :rofl
No, we'll save that for Captain Hook's ship if it's ever built. lol
monkeydance.gif

I've got the [Enter] menu control working for submerging the Dutchman. Also, she gets a speed boost on top of her regular speed, allowing her to sail into the wind.
She should probably be balanced later on vs. the Black Pearl so the Pearl can escape with the wind and the Dutchman can overtake the Pearl into the wind.

Some other thoughts:
- Kraken Attack not available while you're submerged (otherwise you can't be attacked while you're sinking your enemies; no fair!)
- Maybe discharge all cannons while submerged so that you have to reload them once you emerge (to compensate for this super-ability)
- Kraken Attack only available for ships that are not too close, so if you're in close combat you can't summon help - Never mind, I don't know how to do that

Who's gonna wanna run around on deck and shoot of all their guns? Besides, players might get confused on that.
I like the other idea though, about not being able to send the Kraken while submerged.
smile2.gif

Who's gonna wanna run around on deck and shoot of all their guns? Besides, players might get confused on that.
I meant to avoid the Dutchman emerging, firing the cannons, then submerging straight away and not taking any damage, then re-emerging once the cannons are fired. That's LAME!

I meant to avoid the Dutchman emerging, firing the cannons, then submerging straight away and not taking any damage, then re-emerging once the cannons are fired. That's LAME!

Ohhhhhhhhh. You're talking about a limitation on the submerging ability.
w00t.gif

I like that idea. Even though I was totally doing that. LOL
icon_mrgreen1.gif
Shhhhhhhhhh.

I discovered you can still be damaged by lightning underwater. lol

Ohhhhhhhhh. You're talking about a limitation on the submerging ability.
w00t.gif

I like that idea. Even though I was totally doing that. LOL
icon_mrgreen1.gif
Shhhhhhhhhh.
I figured as much; without a limitation, we're ASKING for that exploit to be used. Alternatively, we could make it also time-limited, but I like the idea of just having to reload your cannons when you emerge from the water.
Doesn't that make sense? Considering the whole "wet gunpowder" thing? :wp

I discovered you can still be damaged by lightning underwater. lol
Whahaha! Not to mention the fact that it's still the wind that gives you your speed underwater. There's sooo much there that makes ZERO sense. But I don't care!!! :dance

Back