• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Black Pearl and QAR Progress

See above. The file contains just the QAR for now; I'm still working on the Black Pearl.

Nope. Still has the exact same problem. Did I click the right thing? Because nothing is different.
dunno.gif

There is no Santissima Trinidad for PotC/CoAS. There IS one for Virtual Sailor, made by a good friend of mine, but that one isn't easily adaptable to our games and it's probably easier making a new one from scratch.

Is the damaged Black Pearl going to be part of the "Pearl's Revenge Pack"?

There is no Santissima Trinidad for PotC/CoAS. There IS one for Virtual Sailor, made by a good friend of mine, but that one isn't easily adaptable to our games and it's probably easier making a new one from scratch.

Pieter,in virtual sailor ,they use GM files for the models and TX for textures?
if so ............... thats enaugh for me :rolleyes:

Pieter,in virtual sailor ,they use GM files for the models and TX for textures?
if so ............... thats enaugh for me :rolleyes:

Yep. GM files for the models. TX for the textures. And you convert TX to TGA to modify it in photoshop and then re-convert it to TX.

I can put the :rolleyes: Revenge :rolleyes: in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales? I really want to play HER, but the Pirates of the Caribbean is crash, when I want to play. :facepalm Someone, please help me! :gday :woot :keith

I can put the :rolleyes: Revenge :rolleyes: in Age of Pirates: Caribbean Tales? I really want to play HER, but the Pirates of the Caribbean is crash, when I want to play. :facepalm Someone, please help me! :gday :woot :keith
of course
im playin her on aop:ct
all you must to do is change QAR with Corvette1(i hope you know how) :rolleyes:

Nope. Still has the exact same problem. Did I click the right thing? Because nothing is different.
dunno.gif
Wait, what? I'm dead certain I uploaded the fixed version. :whipa
It's named QueenAnnesRevenge_1, so you don't overwrite the original for now. It's in 'QAR_v1.1_WIP.7z', which I linked to in a previous post.

@Pieter, yes the damaged Pearl will be included.
For now I've only released the hull for people to use if they wish, but hopefully we can transfer Legendary_Spider's texture work from the normal Pearl to the damaged version for its release.

dunno.gif
Wait, what? I'm dead certain I uploaded the fixed version. :whipa
It's named QueenAnnesRevenge_1, so you don't overwrite the original for now. It's in 'QAR_v1.1_WIP.7z', which I linked to in a previous post.

@Pieter, yes the damaged Pearl will be included.
For now I've only released the hull for people to use if they wish, but hopefully we can transfer Legendary_Spider's texture work from the normal Pearl to the damaged version for its release.

Woops. Yup. I clicked the wrong link.
mybad.gif

Shut up. lol

I haven't copied the UV thingy yet, but I noticed off hand that the lanterns are still off. Will that be fixed when I use your UV guide?

Oh wow! That UV guide is really handy!
w00t.gif
Life would've been so much easier if I woulda had that in the first place.

I haven't copied the UV thingy yet, but I noticed off hand that the lanterns are still off. Will that be fixed when I use your UV guide?
As I said back here:
EDIT: Here you go LS: http://www.pyratesah...R_v1.1%20WIP.7z
I've also included a map of the UVs, which you can use as a guideline when texturing the hull. Just add it as a layer on top of the texture.
What I've done includes:
- shifting the lanterns/railings which were mixed in with the doorways
- reassigning the top cabin doorway so that it's now independent from the lower doorway
- moving the keel's UVs so that it's now in line with the rest of the hull
- improving the wheel's UVs
You'll need to adjust the top cabin doorway, the lanterns, and the keel, based on their new positions.
Hopefully this should make texturing a bit easier for you. ;)
I moved the UVs, and now you need to make the texture fit them correctly.
There's actually a lot of unused space on the hull texture, as the UV guide shows, so you might want to clean it up a little, too.

I'll get you a similar one for the Pearl once I've done the adjustments for her. ;)

Thanks mate.
me.gif
This will enable me to do more of what I want with the textures.

The only thing left that I need is the flat areas you were talking about so I can do the rings on the QAR, the skeletons on the bow, and the ones on the stern. There's even some on the cage, but that seems a little to tough.

As for the Pearl, I don't think she needs any of those flat areas.

Now that I'm doing more of the QAR, I'm noticing the deck needs to be darkened, but again, it uses a texture that other ships use. If I saved the new texture and renamed it something specifically for the QAR, how would I make sure it uses the new texture instead of the regular deck one?

Here's a progress shot of the QAR.

[attachment=7084:Fullscreen capture 922011 74651 PM.jpg]

of course

In the models/Ship and textures/Ship maps? And I must delete the original Corvett1 map? :shrug Sorry by my english. :rolleyes: I want to say it as Captain Barbossa: "The Revenge is mine!" :gday :sail

of course

In the models/Ship and textures/Ship maps? And I must delete the original Corvett1 map? :shrug Sorry by my english. :rolleyes: I want to say it as Captain Barbossa: "The Revenge is mine!" :gday :sail
lets see
explicit version
models corvette1 is changed for qar ex:"QAR.gm to Corvette1 that for every gm file, just change qar for corvette 1
and on texture
you add teh qar textures to hull1,2,3 of corvette1 (first try delet the original corvette1 TX files)
than new game or load save game (must be on land)
and there you have it

of course

lets see
explicit version
models corvette1 is changed for qar ex:"QAR.gm to Corvette1 that for every gm file, just change qar for corvette 1
and on texture
you add teh qar textures to hull1,2,3 of corvette1 (first try delet the original corvette1 TX files)
than new game or load save game (must be on land)
and there you have it

Thanks! The ship is good, but the back of the ship, the red part is grey , and the sail is not red. :? Why? Please, if you can help in this, write! :gday :b:

GUYS
i want to ask you something about qar
will you change the texture of the glass of the cabbin???
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qPBDe0p6a4c/TUvmT9JTVbI/AAAAAAAAAJs/WzRVPwXLDHM/s1600/POTC%2B4%2BStranger%2BTides%2BBlackbeard.jpg
and will you add new skeletons around the big one?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qPBDe0p6a4c/TUvor6qN-yI/AAAAAAAAAKE/kffc4YOzY14/s1600/POTC%2B4%2BStranger%2BTides%2BQueen%2BAnnes%2Brevenge.jpg
i mean if somebody want to make an acurate ship:) :rolleyes:

Back