• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

BF2 Halloween Pirate Spooktacular Event: YARRR, MATEYS!!!

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Aye aye pirates! S_h_a_r_k_93 from the Lost-Soldiers BF2 Community invites us to join their upcoming yearly Halloween Event which will be held on October 31st starting 21:00 CET (live countdown here) on a modification of Battlefield 2 called "Pirates 2".

Batten down the hatches and fear not, if you need help installing Battlefield 2 @S_h_a_r_k_93 will be happy to show you the way to the bounty! Just contact him directly through our site or send him a message through one of these platforms. After you install the base game you will have to install the mod which is also very straightforward, you can read more about it and download it from the Lost-Soldiers download page.

GvKkgr3.png

To build up your hype for this spooky pirate event you can watch the mod's intro video on YouTube, we hope it will "hook" you for the event, YAARRR! If you are interested in partaking the event, please drop a comment right below! *notice: modern equipment and vehicles are not part of the modification at all, it's just to spice up the machinima video

All hand hoy pirates, let's make this the best Halloween BF2 Event ever! On the day of the event the players will gather on the Events voice channel of the GeekBeacon Community Discord, or you can use B in-game to talk to your squad mates; we hope you can delight them with your pirate lingo!

We are looking forward to see you all join this one and teach us scallywags a thing or two about piracy! Installing the game is easy and free as well as installing the modification, I am available for any question and I will be watching through my spyglass for any interested sea dog around these parts.
:cheers

Here you can see some some gameplay of the bf2 mod (it should be noted that modern assets depicted in the announcement are *not* part of the mod!).

If you need it, a video tutorial on how to download and install the mod has also been released here. I hope to see you on the night of the 31st, seadogs! :thumbs1

I hope to see some of you on the day of the event, tomorrow, starting 20:00 UTC :) this is the countdown short-link if you want to keep track of join time. Here are some screenshots captured during the last play-tests, I hope you will enjoy:

screen062.png

screen061.png

screen025.png

screen041.png

screen039.png

screen022.png

Thank you all who attended the event yesterday, we've had a blast playing with you for 10 hours straight and enjoying some pirate talk over the Discord voice chat, we look forward to meeting each other on the high seas again. All of our past events can be seen on this web page: Lost-Soldiers - Forum » News & Announcements » Event Announcements | Battlefield 2 Community (this is the 4th modded event we do)

unknown.png
unknown.png

For future reference I will be updating this thread with the various post-event videos that will be released by the content creators who attended, as well as showing some of the best clips from the several streams (list below, some may still be found in highlights in the future).
- twitch.tv/anepaa
- twitch.tv/bremaine
- twitch.tv/emile44
- twitch.tv/geekbeacon
- twitch.tv/gravityxiii
- twitch.tv/imperial_toaster
- twitch.tv/mrmilkins
- twitch.tv/seekaplayer
- twitch.tv/shvanni

For starters, early clips and snippets from the event:
- it's a dolphin's life by OpoIE: streamable.com
- Hmm yes 'Swim' by Imperial_Toaster: clips.twitch.tv
- Parrot power by Shvanni: clips.twitch.tvclips.twitch.tv
- Shark flying to the moon by mrmilkins: clips.twitch.tv
- Hijacking a boat by mrmilkins: clips.twitch.tv
- Cliffjumping by GalacticPegasusBF2: youtu.be/EfQrgeqd8O0

Regards,

Last edited:
We sure did! Thank you Pieter for sharing this news with the rest of the board. I'm almost done going through the insane amount of streams that were casted for this event, I have almost 1GB of clips downloaded on my hard drive and I want you to know I will be sharing each and every one of them with y'all xD

But let's start with the first 4K 60 FPS montage that was released by GravityBFTV, an american friend of ours who is always eager to support and tape our events, casting them as well (he was the main commentator of the previous modded event on the Battleracer car racing mod):

With his video I will also attach the best clips from his stream, selected by yours truly:

 - Turn right. Hard right hard right, FIIIRE!!! [clips.twitch.tv]
 - Battlefield 2 Pirates naval battles, this mod is awesome! [clips.twitch.tv]
 - Gravity rekking the sh*t out of us on the beach, with a frigging boat [clips.twitch.tv]
 - OpolE throwing a one-man comedy show from the British yard [clips.twitch.tv]
 - Blasting ANEPAnton across the river with a field cannon [clips.twitch.tv]
  (way less rocket science involved in ANEPAnton's end, but still funny :p)
 - And in that moment, he knew, he f*cked up (stun grenade) [clips.twitch.tv]

I've also clipped something from Seekaplayer's stream: overall he had fun but the inaccurate guns and the mod itself were pretty unforgiving towards him, though moments like this is what made it special; I thank him very much for streaming the first part of this absolute marathon!

 - Careful, enemy vessels can come right out of nowhere, better be prepared! [clips.twitch.tv]

Glad to hear you had fun. :cheers

While I wasn't able to attend, I can still watch the montage. :)

Hello Piratesahoy! :p

We'll replay this pirate-themed BF2 mod this Saturday 6th starting 19:30 CET.
If you don't have the base game you can send me a line and I'll be happy to help you install it.

The modification is also very easy to download and install from ModDB.
Thank you and have fun on the high seas, YAARRR

:cheers

We'll replay this pirate-themed BF2 mod this Saturday 6th starting 19:30 CET.
If you don't have the base game you can send me a line and I'll be happy to help you install it.
Sorry for not noticing sooner; I'm running a bit behind the times here... :facepalm

Did @The Nameless Pirate announce it on any of our social media platforms?
If not, perhaps you would be interested in being able to post to those yourself?
I'd be happy to see you up with some rights. :doff

What are the system resources required to play this game and mod?
My 10-year-old laptop was really good at the time; but of course it's quite on the outdated side these days.
I had to turn the graphics settings all the way down to be able to run @Armada's Buccaneers!

Oh no guys, the blame is on me, this was a very short-notice game night, not a full fledged event. That being said, the mod is insanely funny, that can't go unsaid. xD

This is the video by Prospekt Mir, his footage is so much high detail that I'm so jealous of the guy's rig (Pieter my Laptop is from 2011 so you'll do good on Medium settings for sure, ahah). When you read this post drop a comment under his video, pretty please, content creators really appreiate it!

My personal highlights from the video above:
  • [11:25] "Powderkeg quad kill squad-wipe, plus a very surprised shark
  • [27:40] They say sharks don't swim upstream, and they don't check the game either
  • [31:30] If you're not in the puppyshark cult after this one you are relieved from duty
  • [33:35] "[Powderkeg] rolling down the street, like a turd, in the wind" - cit. Venom

Back