• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Better Looting

BelThorne

Freebooter
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
Hi All,

This mod changes the behavior of searching a pile of bodies, so instead of only checking the closest body, this mod will make it pick the first nearby body with loot. If no bodies have loot, it will then open the closest body.

So no more shuffling around trying to find the unlooted bodies!

This is the base compatible version. If you want to use it with any of my other mods, download the JsCombinedMod intstead.

Download BetterLootingV1 base version here.

Cheers,

JA

Are you sick of shuffling around trying to find that unlooted body?

No, because I use the "exit search" button, which, unlike closing the window with the X in the upper right, makes the body unsearchable in the future.

Are you sick of shuffling around trying to find that unlooted body?

No, because I use the "exit search" button, which, unlike closing the window with the X in the upper right, makes the body unsearchable in the future.

Hmm, Okay then! Didn't know about that one! Maybe I'll drop this mod from the combined pack...

hmm, i like the idea.
i normaly quit the loot screen with the escape-button, so i´m having exactly that problem.

This mod is still a great idea.

Lots of players were having that problem until I explained how to make a body unsearchable. **grins**

Seems most folks would rather click an X than a button that says 'Exit Search'. I was always the opposite and only discovered the functional difference by accident.

Cap'n Drow

Even when they are unsearchable it is sometimes a pain to get access to a body thats laying around a bit... problematic.... if the mod accesses the closest body without having to stand at the exact spot over it Im happy with it! Testing...

[quote name='Cap'n_Drow' date='05 September 2009 - 09:34 PM' timestamp='1252182866' post='344468']
Lots of players were having that problem until I explained how to make a body unsearchable. **grins**

Seems most folks would rather click an X than a button that says 'Exit Search'. I was always the opposite and only discovered the functional difference by accident.
[/quote]

A little belated but nevertheless...
Well it'd help a lot if that button was labeled something else. Morrowind has pretty much the exact same system, only the button is labeled "dispose of body" and makes the body (along with all items on it) disappear.

Even when they are unsearchable it is sometimes a pain to get access to a body thats laying around a bit... problematic.... if the mod accesses the closest body without having to stand at the exact spot over it Im happy with it! Testing...

I am using this mod for those same reasons. It works great, especially when you have a pile of bodies to search through.

Back