• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Best detail in this mod ever

matthewnlu

Landlubber
I just want to thank all the modders who've made POTC such a great game. I've really enjoyed playing it with Build 14.

I have to say that my absolute FAVORITE part of the mod is watching the bustling port actually come to life. i was standing on the port royale jetty staring out at all the moored ships, AND THEN ONE OF THEM SAILED PASS THE FORT, ROUNDED THE CORNER, AND SAILED BEHIND THE MOUNTAIN. i thought that was the best touch yet. I don't know if you guys had that in Build 13 (it was a while ago, and I don't remember that being there) but either way, that made the entire game come alive for me. bustling port, and scripted animation of a ship sailing past. very well done and thanks again.

so the ship AI actually works in port scenes? i'd been wondering about that. i wonder if they can recieve damage as well.

That is pretty slick. I even made a video of a port and put it on the MODDB. I sometimes just stand there and watch the world go by. :cheers

The ship sailing by works better at some ports than others. There is one where it looks like it is sailing into and through the island. This especially bothered me because it was one of MY ships. :j3 But it suffered no damage. :j2

probably because the island has no collision over there (and consequently no trigger that the AI should steer out of the way). i'm more curious about ships hitting each other, since i have seen ships dismasted in port, though that was on a screenshot back when the mod was very new.

I think it was a simple virtual sailor who discovered that you can do that and me and Captain Maggee managed to make it work quite nicely in Build 14; indeed it wasn't there before.

While there isn't full collision detection, I do think it managed to add some life to the port scenes.
It's used in some quest instances as well where you're running onto the dock only to see your ship sailing away. :sail

Back