• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Bermuda Sloop 1740

SeaNorris.

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Due to limited time with work, family and life commitments I dont get to work on my models as much as I would like. Sometimes a lot of progress gets made or it slows to a crawl but some progress is better than none.

The Bermuda sloop is 61ft on the perpendiculars, has a breadth of about 22ft and tonnage is roughly about 150. These sloops built of their native cedar were highly sought after due to their strength and light density.

Armed with 10 x 4lb carriage guns she has a flush deck with a covered steering position, the masts and yards are replicated closely to the Chapman plan with my own artistic licence for the trestletrees, rig and deck layout. The aft hatch is still having alternate options being modelled but the one in these renders is a sliding scuttle type.

I have interpreted the stern to be as simple as possible with no frivolous decoration, simple ports to be opened (yet to be made) and no bulkhead or wheel. The deck openings are kept to a minimum but provided is a galley stove and heating stove.

Still a work in progress with more details needed but its getting there!
Bermuda Sloop Render 01.pngBermuda Sloop Render 02.pngBermuda Sloop Render 03.pngBermuda Sloop Render 04.pngBermuda Sloop Render 05.pngBermuda Sloop Render 06.png

Back