• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Bell ring

craiggbrown

Corsair
Storm Modder
How did you guys get the bell ring on board the ships to be at the right time in PoTC Build Mod? :shrug

Did you use the Sound_Alias?

Have a look at the code in PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\LogInterface.c from the PotC Build Mod; that's where the code is.
It's fairly complex-like though...

Well. I got the bell to ring but I can't get the right interval. In CoAS, it uses intervals in seconds such as 1, 4, 40 and so on. But what I need is time such as 01:30 or 20:00. Any advice?

Please bump this one in a couple of days to remind me to have a look at this when I'm back home.

Hear is your bump Pieter.

I had to uninstall PoTC Build to make space for modding.Then I lost my computer so could you upload the bell sound for me?

I found this code in PROGRAM\Weather\WhrWeather.c:
Code:
			if(CheckAttribute(&locations[iCurLocation], "alwaysStorm"))
{
if (GetTime() >= 6.0 && GetTime() < 10.0) locations[iCurLocation].QuestlockWeather = "Storm01_add";
if (GetTime() >= 10.0 && GetTime() < 18.0) locations[iCurLocation].QuestlockWeather = "Storm02_add";
if (GetTime() >= 18.0 && GetTime() < 22.0) locations[iCurLocation].QuestlockWeather = "Storm03_add";
if (GetTime() >= 22.0 && GetTime() <= 23.99) locations[iCurLocation].QuestlockWeather = "Storm04_add";
if (GetTime() >= 0 && GetTime() < 6.0) locations[iCurLocation].QuestlockWeather = "Storm04_add";
if (CheckAttribute(&locations[iCurLocation], "alwaysStorm.WaveHeigh")) locations[iCurLocation].MaxWaveHeigh = 2.5; //óñòàíîâèì óðîâåíü âîäû
}
This suggests to me that GetTime() returns the present time in hours and decimals of an hour.
20:00 would be 20.0 while 01:30 would be 1.5 . Does that help?

Also, see attached for the sound files.

Back