• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Spoiler Bartolomeu questline

Berthing a ship is not normally a problem. Berthing a ship so that you don't have a ship at all, just before the quest is about to give you a new ship, may cause trouble, and that's what we're trying to fix.

You don't get the Santiago at the start, you get it some way into the story when you capture the pirate Charles Baxter. You do that at Charlestown on Nevis. Did you berth a ship there before you captured him and got the Santiago?

In any case, hopefully this will provide a quick fix for your game. Download the file, copy it into your "PROGRAM" folder, load your game and press F12. You should see a message on screen, "Executed Console". After that, you should be able to sell a ship without crashing the game.

Attachments

• console.c
    35.3 KB · Views: 58
Yeah, it's berthed at charlestown, a heavy war galleon or something like that, i haven't played in a while because i can't progress.
So wait, which saved game should i load? Also, the game doesn't crash when i sell the ship, the screen goes black when i try to sail out to sea. It's in the first post

Selling a ship does not crash the game right away. It causes the game to forget where you're moored, so you can't board your ship by going to it from the dock or port, you have to fast-travel to it, and then the game doesn't know where on the sea to put your ship. That's when it crashes. But the cause for the crash is selling the ship.

Load the saved game in Sao Jorge town hall. At that time, you have not yet sold Gherarde de Jongh's ship, so this saved game is safe. If you have copied the "console.c" file into place, press F12, then sell the ship in Sao Jorge shipyard. Then try returning to your own ship.

Thanks for the help! :D
Also, by ''returning to my own ship'', do you mean my berthed ship or the other ship i have with me?

Both. Go to the other ship you have with you, then sail to Charlestown and get your berthed ship. ;)

One more question, can i sell the "Santiago" now?

Edit: it worked as you said, thanks a lot!
I don't understand the walkthrough, should i do only one of these following quests? A silver train or the hunter?

Last edited:
You should do "The Silver Train". The storyline has a different version of the quest, and it is a part of the story, not a sidequest.

You can not do "The Hunter" until you have completed the storyline version of "The Silver Train".

You can sell Santiago if you like. But remember the story sometimes takes away your ship. It will do so again. So don't waste money on anything special...

Back