• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Austin's quest

drakul88

Landlubber
Hey, i am having problem with this quest.
First of all, i prolly can't complete it, because i remember some random male citizen started talking me but, since i always had a blanket chat, i never understood what they wanted.
So i believe that sometimes i met those guys u need to meet to complete the Austin quest (and u can't complete the quest, if u don't go meet them.
Another bad thing is:
Even if , for some wierd reason, i still can complete the quest (that isn't on my log as well, even tho today i killed the fort of france guys), i will prolly have an hard time finding the right answer because:

"There will be six killers:
The first two are trying to kill you (Nice loot for starters by the way). The third one mentions a cult of Sulla, the name Austin and runs away.
The next two will attack you, but you must play the fool. Don't mention that you have meet some of their collegues before or the quest can't be finished.
The sixth guy will tell you that Austin is in the Pearl Diver's village behind a cave which is near San Juan del Norte beach.
Go and "meet" that guy. He likes cold metal if you get my meaning."
How can i actually say the right thing, if i always have a blanket chat box? seems wierd to me.

And , btw, yeah, i installed the latest mods, but this quest is still "bugged"

First of all, i prolly can't complete it, because i remember some random male citizen started talking me but, since i always had a blanket chat, i never understood what they wanted.
So i believe that sometimes i met those guys u need to meet to complete the Austin quest (and u can't complete the quest, if u don't go meet them.
Another bad thing is:
Even if , for some wierd reason, i still can complete the quest (that isn't on my log as well, even tho today i killed the fort of france guys), i will prolly have an hard time finding the right answer because:

The first two are trying to kill you (Nice loot for starters by the way). The third one mentions a cult of Sulla, the name Austin and runs away.
The next two will attack you, but you must play the fool. Don't mention that you have meet some of their collegues before or the quest can't be finished.
The sixth guy will tell you that Austin is in the Pearl Diver's village behind a cave which is near San Juan del Norte beach.
How can i actually say the right thing, if i always have a blanket chat box? seems wierd to me.

You installed MODs or fixes? I had this problem only once in Tenotichlan quest and after I installed the fix everything was ok for the whole game.

Another bad thing is:

You installed MODs or fixes? I had this problem only once in Tenotichlan quest and after I installed the fix everything was ok for the whole game.
As i stated in the post before, yeah, i did.
I tried to look for dialogues in the aop folder but i couldn't find anything (Austin quest isn't a normal quest, it doesn't appear in your log as well, so maybe this is the reason i couldn't find dialogs)

I'm now stuck on this one. For the life of me I cannot find San Juan del Norte- let alone a cave with a pearl village in behind it. Please direct me into the right place. On a related note, in an earlier game(long since abandoned) when I was looking for Austin I had been exploring the landing places along the north coast of Yucatan, and had found my way through to a Pearl village where they rather nervously worked for a Spanish officer. This time, looking again for Austin I tried to land in these same places but found that I was blocked from going further inland. It's like there was a force field preventing further access into the interior of Yukatan. Does anyone know what's up with this? Is it part of an unrelated quest that I haven't triggered yet? And once again, where on earth is Mr. Austin!? :?

Thar be a Pearl Village inland from Amatrice (next one up de coast from de "Force Field" landing) an' also one inland from San Jaun del Norte! :onya
Both kin be a challenge tew find, de one by San Juan del Norte bein' de hardest, so's buyin' maps fer Santa Catalina, West Main, Belize, an' Pearl Coast all be hepful! :yes Bein' a Spainyard makes thangs be much mo' easier! :woot

I'm now stuck on this one. For the life of me I cannot find San Juan del Norte- let alone a cave with a pearl village in behind it. Please direct me into the right place. On a related note, in an earlier game(long since abandoned) when I was looking for Austin I had been exploring the landing places along the north coast of Yucatan, and had found my way through to a Pearl village where they rather nervously worked for a Spanish officer. This time, looking again for Austin I tried to land in these same places but found that I was blocked from going further inland. It's like there was a force field preventing further access into the interior of Yukatan. Does anyone know what's up with this? Is it part of an unrelated quest that I haven't triggered yet? And once again, where on earth is Mr. Austin!? :?

Read the walktroguh I wrote in the "tips" topic.

Oops - in "preparation for walkthrough" topic, not in the "tips" topic.

PS. Mayeb the moderators should make it a separate topic and pin it.

Back