• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Assigning more than 1 officer to your ships other than main ship

Kpax7

Shamshir in the Dark!
Storm Modder
Using Build 14 beta 3.4

Assigning more than 1 officer to your 3 companion ships doesn't make any difference. Meaning that summery skill for each ship is only determined by the skills of Captain of that ship and adding more officers doesn't affect the summery skills. Is there a way to fix this?

Captain.jpg

@Levis would know best as he has recently been rewriting a lot of related code.

If I recall, item skill contributions don't work for non-player characters right now either and they really should.
So it seems like there is a bit more work to be done.

The relevant code is probably hiding in the new PROGRAM\Leveling.c file.

I put some items for my quartermaster that increased commerce and they worked fine for him; his level of commerce got increased, and so I did in my summary. That is with Beta 4 WIP.

I put some items for my quartermaster that increased commerce and they worked fine for him; his level of commerce got increased, and so I did in my summary. That is with Beta 4 WIP.
What is it good for? Officers Commerce I mean!

Set of Scales, Sapphires, Boelen Algebra, An idol (Don't know the name), etc. There are a lot of items that can help you increase your level of commerce. Just go to items in your inventory and read the description of that object to see in what they are good for. It should have something like this : (+1 Commerce)

Set of Scales, Sapphires, Boelen Algebra, An idol (Don't know the name), etc. There are a lot of items that can help you increase your level of commerce. Just go to items in your inventory and read the description of that object to see in what they are good for. It should have something like this : (+1 Commerce)
I know that! I meant putting it in the pocket of an officer! Officers can't trade by themselves can they? What is it good for to put items in their pockets?

I know that! I meant putting it in the pocket of an officer! Officers can't trade by themselves can they? What is it good for to put items in their pockets?
If you have a Quartermaster with a higher Commerce skill, you can give extra items to him to boost his skill.
Then when you do trading, he'll be contributing those boosted skills. ;)

The same objects as I explained above; They can work for you AND your officers. But to put those items into them, you have to exchange with them manually.

And nop, NPC characters can't trade at all.

Back