• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Assasins Creed 3 - Take the Battle to the Seas Trailer

Like I said if there historicians say it's historically accurate. Off course they announce it that way than.

I'm going to go ahead and make the hypothesis that they didn't bring in a single historian who knows anything about naval matters. If they really did care, they could've done better with thirty minutes of research from a Google search.

Ridiculous. That´s all I have to say.
Bava said it better and more simple than I possibly could.

I will add a couple comments. This game is not only NOT historically authentic at sea and with it's portrayal of sea warfare of those times, but it also has tons of glaring errors in it's historical portrayal of land combat of those times as well.

Even the stances are wrong in the combatives from a martial arts perspective. I could write an errata sheet that would be several pages long, but what's the use. Did they find their so-called "historical experts" at the local Tastee Freeze?

Besides my current occupation as an entrepreneur, I am currently a professional consultant on all things historical, military and technical. My final comment that sums this up in total - (feel free to quote me).....Assassin's Creed 3 is an Historical ABORTION.

MK

Did they find their so-called "historical experts" at the local Tastee Freeze?
:D Couldn't have said it better myself.

I bet they were just the "This happened here during this month, etc." people. That's totally inadequate for what those guys were trying to do.

My final comment that sums this up in total - (feel free to quote me).....Assassin's Creed 3 is an Historical ABORTION.

I will, I will. Criticism from somebody, whose knowledge is certified, has a very high credibility in the eyes of others, who do not believe or don't want to believe the criticism.

Did they find their so-called "historical experts" at the local Tastee Freeze?

:D Couldn't have said it better myself.

I bet they were just the "This happened here during this month, etc." people. That's totally inadequate for what those guys were trying to do.

This reminds me somehow of that:

I liked the "abominable historical abyss" part. It reminds me of a certain game being developed by Ubisoft...
I don't want to give anything away, but it starts with an "ass-", has an "-ass-" in the middle, and ends with an "-in's Creed."

well to be honest i didn't surprised at all, game industry try to do ANYTHING to sell their game better.
i am not sure how much more they want to lie, i just hope it dose not goes out of hand (like saying its a space game when its about dark ages :|, also i won't be surprised either),
any one with good brain don't see advertises, they read 100 review (from people) and then decide if the game is worth it, even gamespot reviews are not good.

Killerjoy96 man i know what you are saying, maybe people here are too much into sea games, but what they say is simple: why they lied? if they didn't said historical, no one criticize them.(they saw millions of unrealistic sailing games, that they don't really bother with another one of them.)

i loved AC , but this don't mean i must defend it, if there is something wrong with it, i must accept it. again i will buy the game if i see good reviews about it.

why they lied? I don't know but if they have a group of historicians that say it's historically accurate why shouldn't they promote it like that.

do you really believe what you are saying? LOL its 2012 no one make mistake, if they do they can correct it. they know knew everything, (if they don't didn't know, someone else tell them)they just don't didn't CARE, because they used "historical" to attract more people.

edit: see even i (a peasant in a backwater city in a third year world country)can edit my post, now a big company can't edit and say we made mistake (if they really made a mistake in the first palace), its not historically accurate.

I seem to remember from somewhere that they said the used a college professor to get their historical accuracy in ACIII.

those ships looks like what I drew when I was 8 years old...
a shame I would think that some of the contenental frigates like confederacy or hancock with lots of gingerbread work wouldve been great for the role of the character's ship. this is why we are making our own game:p

Ubisoft has yet again opened their mouth and inserted both feett! These guys are so out of touch with reality it is laughable! I am done arguing my point on historical accuracy, but Ubisoft's CEO has kindly taken it open himself to prove my point about these mega publishing corporations.

In an interview with Games Industry, Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot spoke one the direction he'd like to take Ubisoft in with regards to the PC market. He believes that the new generation of consoles has taken too long, that the console market has stagnated, and that the current trend of F2P titles is a result of that. Still, Yves wants Ubisoft to key in on on the developing F2P system in the PC market.
If Yves isn't as confident in F2P's longevity, the why is he keen on applying it to the PC market? Because of growing piracy rates, of course:
"It's a way to get closer to your customers, to make sure you have a revenue. On PC it's only around five to seven per cent of the players who pay for F2P, but normally on PC it's only about five to seven per cent who pay anyway, the rest is pirated. It's around a 93-95 per cent piracy rate, so it ends up at about the same percentage. The revenue we get from the people who play is more long term, so we can continue to bring content."​

These number come no where close to real world figures. You can read the full article HERE!

the AC serie still a game and is inspired from historical element to create a fantasy world, the only serie for me which can be called exactly historicaly accurate is the total war serie, the only ones recommended by historia =)

i noticed inaccuaries in all AC game and trailers, but for AC anyway, i like how they made it (everything can be improved, always)

the only problem with ubisoft is his tongue :D they throw numbers and their thinking with no sources, but everything today throw propaganda about piracy... so they believe in it...

One thing only they talk about historically accurate to the city and characters and official facts. Like the battlefields those would be historically accurate.

:ahoy

Has anyone played this game?

Can you tell me what the sailing - sea fighting parts are like, please

Thanks

:cheers

I've seen it at a friend's of mine. Never got round to the boardings, but the sea fighting is fun yet VERY arcadey.
Ships are very fast and small ships explode upon a single hit. Battles last 5-10 minutes or so.
You can use the swivel guns all around and the main guns only sideways. There are no "Salad Shooters" a la the cancelled Captain Blood.

Back