• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Archipelago Map Correction + Source Files

Kpax7

Shamshir in the Dark!
Storm Modder
There should be a button at the bottom of this page:
View attachment 22350

I'll continue to make this installer work completely and post it for testing. At least people can try to break this new process then.
And I'll probably post a poll then too to see what is considered best.
Wow! Cool! I got a rank! Thanks :)
Here's the Map then! (I didn't see the button!)

Attachments

• Archipelago Map_2.png
    Archipelago Map_2.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,209
Wow! Cool! I got a rank! Thanks :)
Here's the Map then! (I didn't see the button!)
Cheers! :cheers

Can someone perhaps confirm that the ports on Nevis there are now definitely shown correctly?
My memory says that Charlestown used to be on the West side of the island, with the port for the Pirate Settlement in the North-West.
But @Armada, of course, did edit that island model; I can't remember now if Charlestown was moved completely.

If so, that means that the "mapQuebradasCostillas.tga.tx" isn't showing the location of the port correctly anymore either.

It looks pretty good to me. The Pirate Settlement and White Bay are unchanged while Charleston has been moved from the NorthWest side to the NorthEast side.

That map is, however, still incorrect. Isla Mona and Petit Tabac are the wrong way round - Isla Mona is the small island between Puerto Rico and Hispaniola, and Petit Tabac is the one just north of Grenada. This is important to anyone who wants to do either the "Silver Train" side quest or the "Assassin" storyline.

That map is, however, still incorrect. Isla Mona and Petit Tabac are the wrong way round - Isla Mona is the small island between Puerto Rico and Hispaniola, and Petit Tabac is the one just north of Grenada. This is important to anyone who wants to do either the "Silver Train" side quest or the "Assassin" storyline.
Ah, yes; very true! :onya

Can anyone show me what should be fixed on the map using Paint? I'll correct when I can...

Can anyone show me what should be fixed on the map using Paint? I'll correct when I can...

Something like this, though without the blank map I can't get the names for Isla Mona and Petit Tabac to look right. They just need to be swapped.
map2.png

Something like this, though without the blank map I can't get the names for Isla Mona and Petit Tabac to look right. They just need to be swapped.
The blank map is in RESOURCE\Textures\INTERFACES\Maps\map.tga.tx .

Cayman Kai is also missing form the map. ( see Image )

PS - also the beach near Cartagena ( used for Smuggling ) but I don't know where that is exactly.:shrug

Attachments

• PotC Map.jpg
    PotC Map.jpg
    391.5 KB · Views: 268
If I remember correctly from when I went there while playing "Bartolomeu o Portugues", the Cartagena beach is approximately where the "n" in "Cartagena" is on the map. Possibly just above it.

Ok, On it!

1. But where is "Isla Muerte" with a question mark on the map?
2. Can someone tell me what font is used to make the map? Otherwise I have to use photoshop to carve out the text and then it doesn't look original and takes a lot of time.

Isla Muerte is somewhere in the southwest quarter of the map. I believe it's a little further south and west than the question mark. But you're only supposed to know exactly where it is when you have the appropriate item so leaving it vague rather than pinpointing it accurately on the map is perhaps appropriate.

"Isla Muerte" - this is a "secret" island - (hence the question mark) - it is roughly where the ? is.

:yes

Isla Muerte is somewhere in the southwest quarter of the map. I believe it's a little further south and west than the question mark. But you're only supposed to know exactly where it is when you have the appropriate item so leaving it vague rather than pinpointing it accurately on the map is perhaps appropriate.

Thanks!
Nobody knows the font details? Anyone knows who made the map and how to find him by chance?

Alternatively, redo all the names with whatever font you think appropriate.
Might also be a bit time consuming though....

All suggestions taken into account. Including the following:
1. Cayman Kai (Added)
2. Cartagena Beach (Added)
3. Isla Mona and Petit Tabac (Positions Swapped)
4. Charlestown (Position fixed)

Attachments

• Archipelago Map.png
    Archipelago Map.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 278
Last edited:
By the way Here's the Photoshop Source file (PSD Format) If you wanted to change anything and I wasn't around or died (probably in a sea battle or something lol) use it.

Attachments

• Archipelago Map Photoshop Source.part1.rar
    2 MB · Views: 82
  • Archipelago Map Photoshop Source.part2.rar
    2 MB · Views: 104
  • Archipelago Map Photoshop Source.part3.rar
    2 MB · Views: 82
  • Archipelago Map Photoshop Source.part4.rar
    263.7 KB · Views: 69
All suggestions taken into account. Including the following:
1. Cayman Kai (Added)
2. Cartagena Beach (Added)
3. Isla Mona and Petit Tabac (Positions Swapped)
4. Charlestown (Position fixed)
Brilliant; thanks very much! :cheers

Back